Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2012, 02:15 PM   #16
sophie832
Addicted to DL and WDW!

We just ate there Saturday evening. It was our second visit. DH had been raving about the steak and the coffee ever since our first visit, so we went back.

Our experience with the service was terrible (in direct contrast to the amazing service we had on our first visit). I think it was because it was a very crowded night there, and our waiter had a large table that was involved in some sort of F&W event. That's really no excuse, but I think we'd still go back because we feel the service was just an off night.

As far as the food...DH ordered the Taste of Africa, and I ordered the Jiko Salad. Both were excellent. The salad was very different than any salad I'd ever had, and I liked it. It had fruit in it, and a small side of a tart lemon yogurt.

For the main courses, I had the Lamb Loin (not on the menus I've seen online), and DH had the Filet Mignon. Both were cooked the way we wanted, although the waiter told DH that there is no such thing as a steak cooked somewhere between medium and medium-well, and we had just had dinner at Yachtsman where they told us they could do exactly that. The entrees were very good, and made the service issues more tolerable.

For dessert, we shared the Chocolate and Tea plate, which had a homemade Kit-Kat, green tea ice cream, and Vanilla Roobios cake. The cake was great, the kit-kat was so-so, and the green tea ice cream was good if you like Moroccan Mint green tea.

We also shared a pressed pot of coffee, but it didn't seem as tasty as last time.

Overall, not as great of an experience as our previous one, but still really good food and we'd still go back again someday.
January 2011 Dining Review!
sophie832 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: