Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2012, 10:45 PM   #1
TwoCortWort
A Buckeye Disney Princess

Food Help!!!

Ok the three of us in my family can never agree on what to eat. We found some good places we all like this past trip and my dad is fine with eating at the same places each time. But my mom and I want to try other things. My problem is I am hesitant to eat hot dogs due to getting sick last week. Not sure if it was the food or my stomach isn't use to that type of food. (Have lost 100lb and don't eat all those good type foods at home)

So my question is for the picky eaters, where are good places to go that isn't pizza...that is like the only thing all 3 of us will agree to. -.- how is Casey's Corner? Those hot dogs looked so good last week. I know it's hot dogs, but want to try it. Haha

We can't seem to find a common place at Epcot. We hopped to Hollywood Studios and ate there...we are planning to try stuff on the Boardwalk also. So any recommendations for Epcot would be great as long as its not fish and Chinese. (Dad will not eat either of those)

Any suggestions will be deeply appreciated.

TwoCortWort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:08 PM   #2
mmeb144

My husband KNOWS I'm a Disney Maniac
MM is the coolest!

Check out Sunshine Seasons in the Land Pavilion. They have a nice little food court going downstairs. We love it. I have some picky eaters in my family and everyone can find something here. Here's a link to a menu:

http://allears.net/menu/men_ssff.htm

I love Casey's Corner. Be sure to try the minicorndogs. Yum!

Cosmic Rays in the Magic Kingdom is another place to go with picky eaters. There are three bays with different varieties of food. Something for everyone!

Mar '87 Offsite, Mar '89 Contemporary, Sept '91 CBR, Mar '92 Dolphin, Sept '97 Polynesian, Dec '00 CBR, May '03 CBR, Jan '04 WL, Oct '04 POFQ, Feb '05 WL, Dec '05 Contemporary, Feb '07 POFQ, Dec '07 CBR, June '08 Disneyland, Nov '08 Buena Vista Suites, Dec '09 CSR, Dec '10 POFQ, June '12 POFQ, Dec '13 Caribe Royale/POFQ, May '14 ASMusic
mmeb144 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2012, 11:22 PM   #3
biondagirl
Mouseketeer

I agree that Sunshine Seasons at the land at Epcot is a great place to eat a QS meal. We always eat there because it gives our kids a better selection of meals. I love their Caesar salad.

We usually eat a quick meal at DHS at the ABC Commissary. My husband and kids love Caseys Corner at the MK. We eat at Cosmic Rays, too. They have three stations, which offer a variety of meals, too.

Are you only looking for quick meal restaurants?

biondagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:28 PM   #4
angelbear425
Mouseketeer

I also agree with Sunshine Seasons at Epcot. The food is really good, especially the chicken and salmon. In MK I like Pecos Bill (taco salad) and Cosmic Rays. Yum!
Old 10-27-2012, 08:19 AM   #5
TwoCortWort

Quote:
Originally Posted by biondagirl View Post
I agree that Sunshine Seasons at the land at Epcot is a great place to eat a QS meal. We always eat there because it gives our kids a better selection of meals. I love their Caesar salad.

We usually eat a quick meal at DHS at the ABC Commissary. My husband and kids love Caseys Corner at the MK. We eat at Cosmic Rays, too. They have three stations, which offer a variety of meals, too.

Are you only looking for quick meal restaurants?
Both. We do a variety when we go depending on the day.

I suggested the place at The Land, I think that one is on our to do list.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:39 AM   #6
Ali
DIS Veteran

I don't like the hotdogs any more at Casey's corner. I don't eat hotdogs very often and now that they have change and are not 100%beef I don't want to try them. I suggest a different place, either Pinocchio or pecos Bills.
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:08 PM   #7
laceemouse
DIS Veteran

I would go to allears and look at all the menus. We are not picky at all but have a variety of eaters and we love the buffets, everyone can get what they want.
For Epcot do you like Italian food? French? Mexican??
There are a lot of American places at all the parks. We LOVE 50's Prime Time at DHS. Brown Derby is pretty normal food too, if you want something nice.
Crystal Palace at MK is our favorite buffet!
Old 10-27-2012, 02:18 PM   #8
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Don't EVER be afraid to eat hotdogs. Hotdogs are delicious. Eat as many as you can, whenever you can
Old 10-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #9
mking624
DIS Veteran

I, too, recommend Sunshine Seasons in Epcot, there is a nice variety there. Also, don't rule out you each getting something from whatever country you want and then meeting up somewhere to enjoy the meal together. DH and I have done that also. Adds a bit more walking to the mix, but at least you all can enjoy the food you want.
; 9/07 - PC, free dining, & MNSSHP;
11/08 - PC & MVMCP
; 6/09 - AKV; 9/10 - POFQ & free dining
9/11 - POFQ, free dining & NOJ/MNSSHP; 10/11 - ASMu & Halloween 5K; 4/12 - Disneyland;
11/12 - ASMu, free dining, and Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon; 5/13 - Disneyland/GC; 5/14 - AKV/PC
mking624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:37 PM   #10
danny1649
Will be wearing some lime green
I just love to dance
Armed with this information I might be able to out score DW for once

DISboards Moderator

Moved Your Post Here

Where our dining experts can help you.
danny1649 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:29 PM   #11
NoraNow
Earning My Ears

Check out the sandwiches at the Plaza Restaurant on Main Street, we find them pretty delicious! And they have a pretty good variety.
NoraNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:40 PM   #12
TwoCortWort

Quote:
Originally Posted by laceemouse View Post
I would go to allears and look at all the menus. We are not picky at all but have a variety of eaters and we love the buffets, everyone can get what they want.
For Epcot do you like Italian food? French? Mexican??
There are a lot of American places at all the parks. We LOVE 50's Prime Time at DHS. Brown Derby is pretty normal food too, if you want something nice.
Crystal Palace at MK is our favorite buffet!
Italian, Mexican most definitely. We are looking at eating at one of the World Showcase places on Christmas Day. Honestly Epcot is the hardest, minus pizza and America's food place, its the only one we all agree on.

Didn't think of trying out one of the buffet like places...that's a good idea.

Quote:
Check out the sandwiches at the Plaza Restaurant on Main Street, we find them pretty delicious! And they have a pretty good variety.
Oh we love that place! We discovered it last time we were there. They have the best cheese burgers in my opinion and french fries. Their cheese cake is delicious too.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: