Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #16
miyta
Mouseketeer

we definitely had a wonderful vacation and the kids enjoyed themselves but what has been priceless are the family chats about the vacation and other vacations over the past week. The kids can quickly verbalize that they loved our Panama Canal cruise that we took over spring break better than the DCL cruise that is more fresh in their memories. They can remember special moments from the Panama Canal Princess cruise that made it excellent for them- the ports of call are a huge contributing factor for them as well as having fun in club. We arranged a private tour in Columbia and the first stop they held a 2 toed sloth outside a cathedral, they loved exploring the forts. In Aruba we went to a water park that they had an amazing time at. In Costa Rica we took a long drive down to Manuel Antonio Park and saw so much wildlife, monkeys, sloths, iguanas, snorkeling, etc. Panama we also took a small boat cruise into the mangroves/jungle and monkeys hopped into our boat and crocodiles everywhere.
On board the ship the kids activities were fun, as well as learning opportunities. They had guest speakers/naturalists on board that the kids were able to listen to and they retained much of the info which is exciting to see. Same thing for my older son on So America cruise the guest spearkers/Naturalists on board really were parts of the highlights of the cruise and video & information I dont think he or I will ever forget.
Yes my kids got to make flubber and chocolate chip cookies this past cruise and had an amzing amount of fun in club. They were able to snorkel quite a bit & enjoyed finding new fish etc. We did enjoy the cultural history tour at Chankanaab but not alot more beyond this-- which is fine but just made a difference for our personal family in our level of enjoyment & lasting memories . Which is ok too- a nice enjoyable family vacation was the desire and this was acheived
Thankfully we went on the DCL 14n transatlantic as that one does rank higher on the list than some but So America, Panama, ALaska cruise/land tour, Pacific coastal all rank much higher than the rest of our 20 cruises, but that is why it is so nice to have so many options for all the different personal preferences & desires that each cruiser has for their getaway...... what's next? south Pacific, arctic circle, amazon river hopefully (article circle is on DS list not mine)
miyta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:13 PM   #17
dsrose345
Earning My Ears

Can't wait to hear about this week!!
dsrose345 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 06:38 PM   #18
WonderTwinsMom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyta View Post
I'll try & post the rest of our trip soon- we ended up upgrading to a 1 br for both weeks. I am not a DCL fanatic though. Not sure I would be a return cruiser had I sailed these 2 cruises first. Our transatlantic was great. I like the population of the 14 day transatlantic, older guests, less kids, less disney hoopla, yes loved the characters, and and am a big disney fan but the 14 day seemed more peaceful and the 7 days seemed a bit of chaos and dance parties every which way you turned, the transatlantic seemed more peaceful and calm but still with disney fun??? there were several guest appearances on our transatlantic too that I think added to the enjoyment & to break up the disney in your face monotony (I know some may love this -- I just don't).

We had a wonderful time this cruise but Princess and HAL still win for me and the kids. The kids love the clubs on both lines & there are family events as well and quiet dining rooms. The DCL DR's are a big negative for me-- especially Parrot & AP-- hard to carry on a pleasant quiet conversation at the table.... "what? what did you say?"
DCL helped my kids worship me this am though!! Mom you make the best waffles and scrambled eggs ever!!!!
I cannot believe the pancakes and waffles this trip. They were either hard as rocks or just lukewarm- out of 14 days never had a nice freshly cooked hot off the griddle breakfast-- it was always served from a tray they prepped hours before and after about a week I stopped trying to force them on the kids-- and y kids love mickey waffles- they always have multiple servings at the character breakfasts at the parks/hotel. We tried room service, dining room & topsiders.
hi! thanks so much for sharing your journal. in our past 15 cruises, i've always had the good intention to do so, but the priority of relaxing always takes over. LOL. we're doing our first DCL cruise on EBTA in about 40-days on the magic. DH and i have done a couple of WBTA (RCL and Azamara) but this is our first cruise with our kids -- twin DS and DD who will celebrate their 3rd bday a few days into the cruise. Would love to get your advice:
- how was cruising with your twins when they were 3? did you do tours with them at that age? did they like going to oceaneers club at that age?
- a bunch of people were not impressed with dining at MDR, but which one was your fav?
- i believe you've cruised over 20 times. how do RCL and celebrity compare with DCL?
- any suggestions for "must-do" activites on board?

thanks in advance
teri
WonderTwinsMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: