Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2012, 07:47 AM   #46
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEY FANTASY View Post
ETA 8.30am at Port Canaveral.
Where did you find the ETA? Man, wish I had seen this before now (just woke up). I'd have drivin over to watch it come in.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:48 AM   #47
lsjones
Mouseketeer

It was a very scary night...there were a couple times the boat was listing so badly I was scared out of my mind! They just announced we are close to Port, and may try docking around 9 am.

1975-First WDW trip! ~1995 Offsite
1997 Shades of Green (Super Soap Weekend!) ~ 1998 Offsite ~1999 Offsite ~ 2001 Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ 2002 ASM & Offsite ~ 2006 POR & Offsite and First MNSSHP ~ 2008 Offsite First MVMCP ~ April 2009 First Disney Cruise to Tortola on the Magic ~ April 2011 RCI Allure of the Seas ~ October 2012 Disney Fantasy ~ October 2013 Disney Fantasy
lsjones is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2012, 07:49 AM   #48
DisneyOrBustColorado
Mouseketeer

Quote:
If only we had getting on the cruise to worry about and not the safety of family on board for what must have been a terrible night!
I would hope that DCL would be responsible enough to not put anyone's safety at risk. I trust them to do that. I do need to know what is going on so that I can make arrangements for the day though.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:58 AM   #49
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDisney View Post
Wow, I guess I don't have to freak out about the rush I was going to be in then leaving home...I live in Clermont.
*wave* from Davenport. Hope you have a great trip! I wish mine wasn't a year away. Take lots of pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsjones View Post
It was a very scary night...there were a couple times the boat was listing so badly I was scared out of my mind! They just announced we are close to Port, and may try docking around 9 am.
You are not too far at all. How bad is it now? My thoughts are with ya'll.

If the passengers are that scared, I'm surprised it didn't delay. If other ships are delaying (as mentioned on the first page), why isn't Disney? I'm new to cruising, so how often does this sort of thing happen? I would hope you could trust the captain to keep everyone safe? (That's a question.) Has any cruise ship ever capsized because of something like this? I'm guessing not and it must have been safe. But I am curious to know.

ETA: What time do the ships normally come in to PC?
Old 10-27-2012, 07:58 AM   #50
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

We're at. Hotel in Cocoa Beach just waiting for instructions too. glad to be high and dry and not seasick. the wind is blowing and some dumpsters were tipped over but it doesn't look too bad. Easy for me to say.

Our dtr in Virginia will probably have more of a storm to deal with than we will. When three storms collide -- they're calling it a Frankenstorm.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:59 AM   #51
chirurgeon
I am a delicate flower and need my sleep
I'm trying to avoid Emeldaitis

Friend posted on FB that they hope to get to PC by 9. The they have to get clearance to pull into the channel and dock.

She said she was literally thrown out of bed, the ship,was moving that badly.

I think getting the ship In that early is quite a feat of seamanship.

Kim
CBR 4/00, YC 12/02, ASSp 6/05, AKL/BWI 12/06, ASSP/POFQ 6/07, POFQ/AKL 12/08, PCC 1 5/09, Dolphin/POP 2.0 12/09, POFQ/BCV 04/10, PCC 2.0 12/10, POR 12/11, ABD BSM 7/12, PCC 4.0 12/12, BC 4/13, ABD BSM 7/14
chirurgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:00 AM   #52
Weedy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyOrBustColorado View Post
Yes, I understand that DCL has no control over the weather, but for those of us boarding the ship today we REALLY need an update sooner than 9:00am EST in order to change arrangements for our day!!!
I suggest hanging at the hotel until 11:00 or 12:00then heading over. The ship needs to clear customs and then they have get all the cabins ready so I bet they won't start boarding till 12-1.
Weedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:05 AM   #53
MKRuns 26
Mouseketeer

Hope everyone is safe, keep us posted.
Disney Magic- X 4

WDW- More times then I can count
DL- Soon
MKRuns 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:10 AM   #54
2CME911
Mouseketeer

Let's try to keep some perspective people. Right now Fantasy's captain has the safety of thousands of passengers and crew on his mind and is trying his utter best to satisfy multiple competing demands. He is totally unconcerned at this time for the next group of passengers, and that is exactly how you would want it if you were on board right now. Sorry if you're offended. I would suggest simply trying to get over it. $ 0.02
Old 10-27-2012, 08:11 AM   #55
TitanBrett
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CME911 View Post
Let's try to keep some perspective people. Right now Fantasy's captain has the safety of thousands of passengers and crew on his mind and is trying his utter best to satisfy multiple competing demands. He is totally unconcerned at this time for the next group of passengers, and that is exactly how you would want it if you were on board right now. Sorry if you're offended. I would suggest simply trying to get over it. $ 0.02
All true, but that doens't stop DCL from giving updates a bit more frequently
TitanBrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:17 AM   #56
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-fan-22 View Post
The Monarch of the Seas has made it into port this morning, so it is definitely possible for the Fantasy to do so as delayed as she may be. I've always wanted to be on the ships during rough seas just to see what it is like(I want to work onboard and wonder if I can handle the seas when they are not calm) but I hope everyone stays safe!
Quote:
Originally Posted by safeti01 View Post
Monarch of the Seas has been in port since 3 yesterday afternoon, when the water was alot calmer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-fan-22 View Post
My main point is that the port is not closed. I didn't know when the monarch got in, just that she is there. I do believe that the Fantasy can get in port today, delayed as she may be.
The Monarch of the Seas sails from PC on Mondays and Fridays. According to marinetraffic.com, she's been at PC since 4:22 AM on 10/26 (Friday).
http://marinetraffic.com/ais/datashe...MMSI=311735000
Old 10-27-2012, 08:17 AM   #57
Wadewilk
Earning My Ears

Much better this AM than last night. If you are getting on be prepared for a rough evening heading south. Capt. Tom says we should be at mouth of port at 9am and he "thinks there is a chance we can port then". Such is life booking a cruise during hurricane season!
Wadewilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:17 AM   #58
lucas
°o°

Looking at the marine traffic site, she is almost back.

Watch her come back in:
http://portcanaveralwebcam.com/

lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:18 AM   #59
DisneyOrBustColorado
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I do agree that the safety of the people comes first, but I don't expect the captain or anyone on-board to give me updates. I'm not asking them to take any dangerous risks. I just want to be updated. DCL has thousands of people working for them. Surely the IT team is not on-board the ship & can post or email updates frequently in this situation. Everyone needs to do their own job. I will not get over it. I own my own business & know that I need to provide customer service. For $10,000. I spent on this vacation, I'm only asking for an update from DCL.

That being said... I do pray for safety for those on-board.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:22 AM   #60
DisneyOrBustColorado
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Much better this AM than last night. If you are getting on be prepared for a rough evening heading south. Capt. Tom says we should be at mouth of port at 9am and he "thinks there is a chance we can port then". Such is life booking a cruise during hurricane season!
I am glad that things are getting better for those of you on-board. I pray that you will have a safe arrival into port & trust that the captain will keep you all safe. Sorry that the end of your trip was so rough.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: