Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2012, 06:20 PM   #16
Priory
Mouseketeer

Erin Glover posted a little clue in one of her responses.

"Michael, Julie and Jeff – The December 1-2 performances will take place in Town Square and the process for the evening will be the same as it has been before."

I have suspected for a while that the processionals won't be in Town Square and this looks to be true for the most part.

My guess would be the Fantasyland Theater where they held it in the late 90s.
Priory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:19 PM   #17
skellinton
Mouseketeer

I saw Dick Van Dyke at CP in 2005 and it was amazing. I don't think it could get better than that. The best part was that he seemed to be enjoying the performances as much as the audience. It was an amazing experience and I love that he has ties to Disney. Other than him I think I would like to see Julie Andrews(not on list, I realize, but dream wish) or Kurt Russel.
skellinton is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2012, 07:22 PM   #18
ttig34
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priory View Post
Erin Glover posted a little clue in one of her responses.

"Michael, Julie and Jeff – The December 1-2 performances will take place in Town Square and the process for the evening will be the same as it has been before."

I have suspected for a while that the processionals won't be in Town Square and this looks to be true for the most part.

My guess would be the Fantasyland Theater where they held it in the late 90s.
Erin actually responded (when asked) that ALL performances will be in Town Square.
ttig34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:27 PM   #19
dadzgirl70
Mouseketeer

Ok so having never seen or heard of this before, 12-1 & 12-2 are invitation only events, of course this when ill be there, do they close the park early or anything like that?
Old 10-26-2012, 08:52 PM   #20
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadzgirl70 View Post
Ok so having never seen or heard of this before, 12-1 & 12-2 are invitation only events, of course this when ill be there, do they close the park early or anything like that?
It is likely those first 2 nights will be similar to previous years, where CP was only performed on 2 nights. The last couple years have been invitation only, without dinner packages or any way for typical guests to obtain seating (other than a few benches). Town Square (and the street surrounding) are filled with folding chairs for invited guests. The areas between the street and buildings are mostly used for walkways, but there are a few areas where the public can stand.

The park remains open. CP would not even appear on the DL calendar (online or printed in the park), so many guest would have no idea what was happening. It's difficult to predict if the first 2 nights will be more or less crowded than prior years. Many guests who would stand for hours in the few decent spots, will likely buy dinner packages on other nights. On the other hand, the increased promotion of CP might increase crowds on all nights.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:11 PM   #21
charlene74
Earning My Ears

Sorry for being stupid, but we will be going to DLR for Christmas season next year and I was wondering, for the candlelight procession, is that like the Halloween party where we buy tickets for it or is it strictly for special guests?
charlene74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:39 PM   #22
Argento
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlene74 View Post
Sorry for being stupid, but we will be going to DLR for Christmas season next year and I was wondering, for the candlelight procession, is that like the Halloween party where we buy tickets for it or is it strictly for special guests?
This year it is pretty much for everyone with the exception of a couple of special event nights. Rumor is swirling that next year it will be a ticketed event similar to halloween parties.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:12 AM   #23
Malcon10t
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadzgirl70 View Post
No, it will be open. It simply means that there will not be any AP holders or dining options. There will be standing room areas for the shows.
Malcon10t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:40 AM   #24
skellinton
Mouseketeer

I didn't realize they had changed to invite only. When I went in 2005 we bought a dinner package and were 2nd row center. How did they do invite only? Who was invited?
skellinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:51 AM   #25
Malcon10t
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellinton View Post
I didn't realize they had changed to invite only. When I went in 2005 we bought a dinner package and were 2nd row center. How did they do invite only? Who was invited?
They stopped the dinners a few years back. The last few years it was only "invite". Who is on the invite list? I am not sure of all of them. I know Disney management, Club 33 members and their guests, ABC management, certain press, etc...
Malcon10t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:35 PM   #26
greenkai3000
Mouseketeer

More importantly...how does the CP affect park hours/night time events/access to attractions?
Walt Disney World Off-Site January 2001, Off-Site July 2001, Off-Site January 2003, All-Star Movies January 2005, Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2007, Cabins at Fort Wilderness July 2010, Port Orleans Resort Riverside August 2013.

Disneyland Paradise Pier October 2011, Grand Californian December 2012, Off-Site December 2013 .

Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel June 2012

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...0960612&type=3

greenkai3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:45 AM   #27
disneyfan4ever54
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuet888 View Post
Dennis Haybert has a wonderful voice that's why he does the all state commercials and Dick Van Dyke is a Disney classic, wonderful list.
I agree! He has a wonderful voice.....good choice for a CP narrator.
disneyfan4ever54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:10 AM   #28
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskigrl View Post
Well, I wouldn't be surprised considering she has already managed to create problems for us over on the community boards where a whole group of us now have sparkly tags named after her

Hum, I wonder if that means I would be obligated to go see her
I was wondering where those tags came from...

But, back to the topic, I'm glad they've announced the narrators. I hope the schedule comes out soon so we can plan which one we want to go to.
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #29
dana278
Mouseketeer

The AP section on the DL website has been updated to include that December 6-8 will be narrated by Edward James Olmos.

It also says to check back on the 12th for complete details on the AP lottery.
dana278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:11 PM   #30
ttig34
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana278 View Post
The AP section on the DL website has been updated to include that December 6-8 will be narrated by Edward James Olmos.

It also says to check back on the 12th for complete details on the AP lottery.
Wow, the 12th! They sure are waiting late to tell us how this is all going to work.
ttig34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: