Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2012, 10:11 AM   #1
mom2ntbj
Earning My Ears

Cape May Cafe for breakfast

I have a 7:45am reservation for Cape May Cafe on my HS day. We are staying at POFQ. I know that you can walk to HS from the Beach Club - how long does that take? Also, if we decide to take the bus from our resort, should we take the bus to Epcot or HS - which is closer to Cape May Cafe? Thanks!

2/13 Port Orleans French Quarter (1st time on property) ~ 8/12 Off site ~ 6/10 Off site ~ 11/09 Off site ~ 6/08 Off site (2 weeks!) ~ 9/05 (1st time with the kids!) ~ 1997 Off site (1st time with the DH!) ~ 1993 Off site (1st time!!)
mom2ntbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:17 PM   #2
mastermind307
Mouseketeer

You will need to take a bus to HS and then either walk or take the boat to BC.

The buses will take you to the front entrance to EPCOT and to get to BC from there you have to walk through EPCOT to the international gateway in world showcase. Since you're ADR is before park opening, you won't be able to do that. You would also need a park hopper since you mentioned eating at Cape May on your HS day.

I have never walked from HS to BC, but I've read on here it can take anywhere from 15-30 minutes depending on walking speed.
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2012, 03:23 PM   #3
stevb
Mouseketeer

Walked to HS from BC on several occasions last year and it only takes about 20 minutes.
stevb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:46 PM   #4
PictureJumpr
At Least 'til it Rains

I agree that adults/older kids could walk from DHS to the Beach Club in about 20 minutes. Smaller kids have caused us to take 30 or so to do the same walk. It's not a short one.

Last time we took a cab home from dinner at the Yacht Club to POR (so similar mileage/distance as your trip to breakfast at the Beach Club would be) it was $9. Took less than five minutes - it's about 2 miles. The boat can then deliver you to DHS after breakfast, or you can take the promenade stroll; no need for a return trip in a taxi.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:15 AM   #5
Quin
DIS Veteran

To get to Cape May you need to take the bus to DHS; if you go to Epcot the bus drops you off at the front gate and you'd need to walk through the park and out the International Gateway (the 'side gate') to the BC - and Epcot won't be open at that hour of the morning so you can't cut through it.

Cape May Cafe to DHS is the farthest away you can be in the Epcot-area resorts. A walk that far, especially if you have kids, is not the best way to start a long day at Disney.

For an ADR that early I'd recommend a cab from your resort to the BC, then after breakfast take the boat from the BC/YC dock to DHS.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:59 AM   #6
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quin
To get to Cape May you need to take the bus to DHS; if you go to Epcot the bus drops you off at the front gate and you'd need to walk through the park and out the International Gateway (the 'side gate') to the BC - and Epcot won't be open at that hour of the morning so you can't cut through it.

Cape May Cafe to DHS is the farthest away you can be in the Epcot-area resorts. A walk that far, especially if you have kids, is not the best way to start a long day at Disney.

For an ADR that early I'd recommend a cab from your resort to the BC, then after breakfast take the boat from the BC/YC dock to DHS.
I agree with this. It really is a far walk, especially if you have wee ones. id take a cab. we always do.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:15 AM   #7
Kay1
Check out Ricki's hidden Mickey!
The only tricky part is judging when the actual boiling begins

I agree with the others; take the cab for such an early ADR. I hope you really enjoy yourselves.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:34 PM   #8
gobo2
Drug Lord/Dance Mom

We own at Boardwalk and always walk to HS. It's less than a mile and is faster than the boat unless you walk directly onto a boat that's about to leave. Our daughter has happily made the walk since she was 4. We would sometimes take the boat home if she was tired after a long day but we haven't in years.
gobo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:45 PM   #9
michelleiada
DIS Veteran

We always walk from Beach Club to HS. It is a very nice walk and faster than the boats. It's about a 10-15 minute walk.

2012 BECAME DVC MEMBER AT BCV!

michelleiada is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: