Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2012, 01:42 PM   #16
ghoweywilson
Earning My Ears

Music has a quieter feel that I like but I looooove POP. I stayed in the 90's building this past July and it's a 5 minute walk but you can cut through the 90's parking lot so it's really no big deal.

Plus the walk around the lake to AoA and the choice of quieter pools is a definite plus!
ghoweywilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:45 PM   #17
ghoweywilson
Earning My Ears

The food's pretty standard food court food at both. I'm pretty sure you can get menus for all disney restaurants including resort food courts here...

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningmain.cfm
ghoweywilson is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2012, 02:05 PM   #18
RedHeadedFairy
DIS Veteran

I'd take the Pop over any of the AS resorts, any day. I love that the Pop rooms have a small fridge without requesting it.

We just stayed inthe 90's building & found the walk to the food court area very easy (we cut across the parking lot in front instead of winding around the paths between buildings.) The food quality is the same that you'll find at any of the value resorts. We really loved the theme & got a kick out of sharing the pop culture with DD8. (Like Pac-Man, Rubik's cube, etc.)

I especially love that it doens't share the bus line with any other resort. I know you said you'll be using your own vehicle, but for us this was a key point. We always felt like the bus rides to/from all the AS resorts unbearably long & overcrowded, no matter what time of year.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:22 PM   #19
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHeadedFairy View Post
I'd take the Pop over any of the AS resorts, any day. I love that the Pop rooms have a small fridge without requesting it.
Just to be acccurate, all of the resorts on property have a fridges in the rooms. Even the AS resorts.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:17 PM   #20
bobert7
Earning My Ears

I just had the worst experience with a CM to the point where i just said FORGET IT, i'm staying at AsMu cause I was so affraid this woman would cancel my reservations by mistake.

She started by telling me that Pop Century is way smaller than AsMu followed by telling me that no Value hotel has king size beds and i should look into a moderate resort for a king sized bed. I asked if she mean availability, and she said no they just dont have king sized beds.

Then told me that Jazz/Rock/Broadway and Country are all one hotel and Calypso another. When i asked if she meant prefered vs standard she said no, one building.

She said there are no buses from AsMu so Pop would be better for that.
Throughout the conversation kept asking me to repeat which resort i'm reserved at right now which i had told her several times.

Also when she was looking for the front desk number for AsMu told me its a secret number not available online. I asked her if it was online cause it was taking her 10 mins to find it. Finally i found it online after tired of waiting and when i told her i got it, she seemed kinda upset at me for finding me telling me i could not have gotten it. When i told her what the number was she said "NO thats not the number, this is the number and gave me the exact same number i gave her"

WHATS GOING ON?????
I'm in the call center industry, and have never witnessed (or i should say heard) anything like this. Is friday casual service day at Disney

sorry for the rant.
Thanks for the advice guys and gals. I will try my hand once i'm there on monday cause i honestly thought if i asked her to do anything she might wind up cancelling and banning me from disney by pressing a wrong button (joking but you get the gist lol)
bobert7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:21 PM   #21
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobert7
I just had the worst experience with a CM to the point where i just said FORGET IT, i'm staying at AsMu cause I was so affraid this woman would cancel my reservations by mistake.

She started by telling me that Pop Century is way smaller than AsMu followed by telling me that no Value hotel has king size beds and i should look into a moderate resort for a king sized bed. I asked if she mean availability, and she said no they just dont have king sized beds.

Then told me that Jazz/Rock/Broadway and Country are all one hotel and Calypso another. When i asked if she meant prefered vs standard she said no, one building.

She said there are no buses from AsMu so Pop would be better for that.
Throughout the conversation kept asking me to repeat which resort i'm reserved at right now which i had told her several times.

Also when she was looking for the front desk number for AsMu told me its a secret number not available online. I asked her if it was online cause it was taking her 10 mins to find it. Finally i found it online after tired of waiting and when i told her i got it, she seemed kinda upset at me for finding me telling me i could not have gotten it. When i told her what the number was she said "NO thats not the number, this is the number and gave me the exact same number i gave her"

WHATS GOING ON?????
I'm in the call center industry, and have never witnessed (or i should say heard) anything like this. Is friday casual service day at Disney

sorry for the rant.
Thanks for the advice guys and gals. I will try my hand once i'm there on monday cause i honestly thought if i asked her to do anything she might wind up cancelling and banning me from disney by pressing a wrong button (joking but you get the gist lol)
You should have taken the survey at the end. That's atrocious.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:32 PM   #22
bobert7
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
You should have taken the survey at the end. That's atrocious.
I have called 3 times and have left excellent for all 3 surveys, and the one time where i really needed the survey i didnt get it...

atrocious is not the word....and not bad by disney standards.
They're bad is usually more customer services ok to good. This was bad even for the worst service provider out there (i hear comcast in the states lol, we have bell in canada)
bobert7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:48 PM   #23
I Love Pluto
DIS Veteran
I guess that makes me a kiddie song expert.

Just for the record - you will LOVE Pop. It has a certain charm to it with the lake. It is really the "same" as the All Stars. You can also enjoy walking across the bridge to AoA & have some meals there if you want to.

I would be excited to be at Pop. Try it. If you are miserable, go to the front desk & ask for help. No one at Disney wants you to be unhappy for a week.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:28 PM   #24
Bev J
DIS Veteran

We usually stay at POP and really like it alot. Out of about 5 stays there we got a King bed one time- in a Handicap room. (we did not request a H room)
After that when we request a K room they told us that they are only for H requests So after that we did not request the K rooms again.
POP is spread out but nothing was a very long walk at all.

Bev
Old 10-27-2012, 05:41 AM   #25
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobert7 View Post
Things that are important to me are that the rooms are:
  • closeness to dining areas
  • closeness to parking areas
  • quality and variety of food
  • likelyness of getting a KING bed
  • Disney feel

Buses are not an issue as we'll have a car.
So i've looked at either the Jazz Inn or 80s and 90s. (I know prefered would be closer, but id rather spend as little as possible on the hotels and spend more on food, gifts, parks and stuff.

Thank you.
The only way to be close to the dining areas is to book a preferred room. Everything else will be a bit of a walk. As far as close to parking and likeliness of getting a king bed go, you can request those, but you have no way of knowing if you will get either of them until you check in.

Out of all of the things you have on your list, the only things you can scope out ahead of time are Disney feel and the variety of food. And only you will know which resort will have what you are looking for in those regards.

If the Pop appeals to you more, than I would definitely call back and see if you can switch. Goodness knows you shouldn't get such a knucklehead at the call center a second time in a row! But don't switch based on the hopes of getting a king bed or a room close to parking, because they can't guarantee either of those things ahead of time at either resort.

I'm sure you will have a great time, no matter which resort you end up at.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: