Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2012, 10:18 AM   #16
DVC Kelly
Mouseketeer

DISboards Approved Advertiser

My vote would be for Tusker House. I really enjoy the food there. Then after breakfast head to the Character Meet Spot in Animal Kingdom to see Winnie, Tigger and Eeyore (that way you can still see both sets of characters).
Better Business Bureau Accredited: ..BBB

DVC Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:51 AM   #17
TinkerwithDis
Mouseketeer

Food is amazing at both. I would picked based on characters you want to see.

If you really twisted my arm and forced me to pick, i'd pick Crystal Palace.
TinkerwithDis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2012, 11:56 AM   #18
rustyanchor
Mouseketeer

I really appreciate all the replies, but I honestly think you are making it HARDER for me! both places just sound sooo yummy and good. loweschickie, what you said about not getting out of CP until after 9 gave me pause. Hmm! Our reservation there is for 8:10. Maybe I should do TH.

Is there anywhere else besides CP that serves the breakfast lasagna? And could anyone name some standout dishes from TH? I've heard several times that the food is good, but I don't know what kind of "special" dishes they might have to offer like the breakfast lasagna and puffed French toast at CP. I tried to search the net and these boards for pics, but all I found was photos of characters and standard breakfast fare (potatoes, Mickey waffles, fruit, etc).
Old 10-26-2012, 12:07 PM   #19
Marquis de Disney
my internal clock is ticking down till my WL stay

I have done both for breakfast and prefer Crystal Palace. There is something to be said about getting an 8:05am ressie at Crystal Palace, walking down a quiet Main Street USA to Crystal Palace. By the time the meal is done, you will be ready to go when the rope drops at the heart of MK. That is our plan once again in December this year.

70's & 80's: too many CR and Poly trips to count
'97-'98-'99: Grand Floridian Resort
12/01: Polynesian Resort
11/02: Contemporary Resort
11/05 & 12/06: Grand Floridian Resort
11/07: Boardwalk Resort
12/09: Wilderness Lodge Resort
12/10 Wilderness Lodge Resort
12/12 Grand Floridian Resort
Marquis de Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #20
bek
Mouseketeer

Loved both! Food-wise I liked TH a smidge better. TH has a rustic atmosphere and CP has a light, airy feel. I lean a bit more towards Donald & Co. rather than Pooh & Co. but it's very close to a toss-up.

But nothing beats an empty Magic Kingdom Main Street
bek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:38 PM   #21
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyanchor View Post
I really appreciate all the replies, but I honestly think you are making it HARDER for me! both places just sound sooo yummy and good. loweschickie, what you said about not getting out of CP until after 9 gave me pause. Hmm! Our reservation there is for 8:10. Maybe I should do TH.

Is there anywhere else besides CP that serves the breakfast lasagna? And could anyone name some standout dishes from TH? I've heard several times that the food is good, but I don't know what kind of "special" dishes they might have to offer like the breakfast lasagna and puffed French toast at CP. I tried to search the net and these boards for pics, but all I found was photos of characters and standard breakfast fare (potatoes, Mickey waffles, fruit, etc).
I went to disney the last week of August. Had a 810am ADR at CP and finished breakfast JUST FINE and well before 9am. And we were even seated at about 815am. I think we finished at 850am. We saw most characters too! So i wouldnt worry.

I believe Bfast Lasagna is unique to Crystal Palace. Sorry.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:11 PM   #22
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

We've done both and both are nice, but we don't do first thing in the morning. We do a late reservation, then we don't need to eat lunch.

I don't like sweet stuff so much for breakfast, so Tusker House had a better selection for me. Interesting meats and egg dishes, bagels and lox which I can't get around here, breakfast porridge stuff. I also think the buffet setup is easier to navigate - there's plenty of space between stations, moreso than Crystal Palace. People call it Boma Lite because it has a few of the dishes you can get at Boma. Crystal Palace has more sweet stuff like the french toast and lasagna which is killer sweet and I could only take a little taste.

At both places, our server gave us our check before the switch to lunch but told us to take our time and to help ourselves to the lunch items before we left. We were stuffed, but it was a cool idea. We may do it again and try to not to overeat at breakfast so we can try some lunch LOL.

Personally, I think Crystal Palace is very "little kid", and Tusker House is slightly older but both places are busy and noisy.

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:53 PM   #23
cupcakefairy2u
Its just me the cupcake fairy

We always do CP , my DD who is 26 now has loved that place since she was 4 . The food is good and who doesnt want to see Pooh ? We eat there 2 times during vacation for breakfast but then again we do CM and enjoy it . EXCEPT the waiter we seem to get stuck with ! for 3 years we had the same evil waiter : ( and we will make sure we dont get him next year . Yes we did complain while we were there
Old 10-29-2012, 01:20 PM   #24
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

For me, it's just about a coin flip between the two.

We love both and, for food and characters, we feel they're just about a virtual tie.

As PPs have alluded, Crystal Palace is lighter and somewhat more little kid-oriented wheras Tusker is darker and somewhat more big kid-oriented.

I also agree with PPs that it's more exciting to enter MK before the park opens than AK. But it's also a very nice start at AK to have breakfast at Tusker and then step right on to the safari (especially given that morning is usually the best time to see the animals).

Sorry to not be of more help (we always try to do both).
Old 10-29-2012, 01:29 PM   #25
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

We've done TH a few times, and switched to CP our last trip. I thought CP seemed more chaotic, had to wait longer for food, and would miss characters. I like the different stations at TH.

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:29 PM   #26
seven dwarfs
DIS Veteran

Have done both several times. Tusker House is so so for us most visits. Our last visit it was awful. Food was awful, the bars were a mess, service was bad. All eight in this house voted CP all the way. (We do love Boma too!)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: