Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 06:01 PM   #31
Pumbaa_
Hakuna Matata!
My first attempts at gravy required slicing
It probably got lost in the scrolling

DISboards Moderator

Hope it works out for you. I don't see how though. We have had reports of a couple, dining alone, and trying to order 3 meals for extra variety and was declined. The system does not allow more meals than guests listed on the room card (which serves as your KTTW)

Paying for 15 meals with 1 card that says there are 4 guests on THIS ROOM reservation is not going to go through the restaurant's computer system.

I hope you have a plan b
Old 10-25-2012, 06:02 PM   #32
MaeManda
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
The beginning of the OP's post said he did it to cover the "extra TS credits" we would need, although then she does talk about CS in the next paragraph.
Yes - he wanted to use his credits to pay for all 15 of our TS meals at CRT. I brought up the CS thing because it made me question if he was told correctly that he could use the TS that way. I thought, if you have to get in line twice to use CS credits differently than the card says (I see that is blatantly cheating the system) then there was a chance that it would be an even bigger hassle to use TS credits. Turns out I was right, much to FIL's chagrin
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2012, 06:07 PM   #33
MaeManda
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumbaa_ View Post
I hope you have a plan b
We do! If CRT confirms that this is against policy/not allowed then he will adjust his DxDP back down to DDP and just pay OOP for the lower-cost TS meals we have.

It sounds like he's pondering just doing that regardless instead of being stuck with so many extra DxDP credits used poorly or unused on the chance that the CRT CM may say it's OK but then not being able to *actually* do it when we are there
Old 10-25-2012, 06:14 PM   #34
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartle View Post
I'm 99.999999% certain by reservation they mean room reservation not dining reservation.

To the system you are two completely differnt rooms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaeManda View Post
1. Funny, it's that part that makes me think that it could be possible - I guess the confusion is in the word "reservation" because I was thinking it meant either the ADR or our

2. group's trip reservation (4 rooms all made at one time, paid by the same person) but you are implying that "reservation" means people in one room. Your definition matches the part of the brochure that more specifically states "cannot share with other guests not on your *deluxe* dining plan"

3. It seems like there should be a little more education for Agents and call center CMs, so that little misunderstandings like this, that turn into big costly misunderstands, aren't being perpetuated
1. Our posts kind of crossed paths but I see your point.

2. You probably have at least 2 room reservations (it doesn't matter who paid for them). Since everyone in a room package has to have the same package, I have feeling you had one and when the FIL upped the dining plan for that room it was split to two, so at least two dining plans.

3. Not making any judgements but they can't train for everyone with lets say a creative use of the plan. Besides in this case they think they have it spelled out (no sharing credits) in the fine print.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:18 PM   #35
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We do! If CRT confirms that this is against policy/not allowed then he will adjust his DxDP back down to DDP and just pay OOP for the lower-cost TS meals we have.
Just be aware that CRT is one of the lower cost TS meals (when you pay with credits).

What its two credits?

At CRT you use two to pay for a say $50 meal or $25 per credit value. There are many more 1 credit TS places where you would spend more than $25.

You have to think about the worth of the credits not how much the overall meal costs.

Last edited by chartle; 10-25-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:31 PM   #36
MaeManda
Earning My Ears

Quote:
You have to think about the worth of the credits not how much the overall meal costs.
Fantastic insight! thank you, i will keep it in mind and share it with FIL!

Quote:
2. You probably have at least 2 room reservations (it doesn't matter who paid for them). Since everyone in a room package has to have the same package, I have feeling you had one and when the FIL upped the dining plan for that room it was split to two, so at least two dining plans.
That makes a lot of sense - he said he had a PIN that covered 3 of 4 rooms, and then upgraded one to DxDP perhaps it's even more than 2 reservations at this point. And I definitely see how they use "reservation" to equal *one* room.

Quote:
3. Not making any judgements but they can't train for everyone with lets say a creative use of the plan. Besides in this case they think they have it spelled out (no sharing credits) in the fine print.
While there are sneaky people everywhere, the brochure also says "non-transferable" in the fine print. I agree, they do have a right to think that they have it covered. Maybe I'm a little sore over having to give bad news to my FIL
Old 10-25-2012, 07:04 PM   #37
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We do all have regular DDP dining and so we'll be able to each use our own credits at CRT if we need to - I will come back and let you know what FIL finds out from calling CRT directly (at least it would be one CM's hands-on knowledge, and outside the pressure of a face-to-face request, probably as accurate as we'll get until we are sitting at the table). He did the math and found that he would have saved $300-500 by upgrading and using them like this instead of paying out of pocket for the extra meals we have planned (8 days of DDP, 11 TS credits on our itinerary) - not a trip ending expense for him (it would be for us, I'm just a beneficiary of his generosity). If he can't use them as he hoped then he ends up losing money on the plan

I can see why there may be misunderstanding with how they can be used, because while the brochure does say "You may not redeem meals or snacks for any Guests who are not on
your Disney Deluxe Dining Plan."

it also says this in the FAQ page of the brochure:
Q. Can I use my Disney Deluxe Dining Plan to redeem meals for friends or family
members who are not included in my reservation or have not purchased a Disney
dining plan?
A. Sorry, you may not use your Disney Deluxe Dining Plan to redeem meals for friends
or family members who are not included in your reservation or have not purchased a
Disney dining plan.

and we will be on the same reservation (booking as a whole and reservation at the restaurant) and have purchased a DDP, so according to this part of the brochure it would be allowed. Without the first part quoted above, it would be ok...just trying to give the people who gave FIL bad information the benefit of the doubt - I do see how that the rules prohibit him from proceeding, but I also see how there was a chance this made them misunderstand

Thank you all again for your clarity and explanations! I will update when I hear how calling CRT directly goes!
But there isn't a way to call CRT directly. He will get a call center and whether or not he gets correct information depends on the quality of the CM that answers the phone. It is stated plainly in the dining plan brochure that this will NOT work. That's the official policy.

It's like when people think they are calling the front desk of their resort. They don't realize those calls are routed to a call center that isn't on the property.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:05 PM   #38
mom2of2
Let the good times strolllllll!
Don't we just get tickeled at the smallest things?

If your FIL still wants to call CRT directly, have him call the managers office and leave a message. If he calls the podium he might not get the correct information since greeters don't always know how procedures inside the restaurant work.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:47 PM   #39
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Reservation refers to being on the same room reservation not an ADR.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #40
cwt580
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison View Post
Reservation refers to being on the same room reservation not an ADR.

ding ding winner winner chicken dinner....

Old 10-25-2012, 09:48 PM   #41
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just be aware that CRT is one of the lower cost TS meals (when you pay with credits).

What its two credits?

At CRT you use two to pay for a say $50 meal or $25 per credit value. There are many more 1 credit TS places where you would spend more than $25.

I believe OP said CRT DINNER and the cost for dinner is $65-71 per adult and $40-43 for children. That makes the break down to at least $32.50 which is now well within the break even or surpass value of a 2TS credit meal.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:02 PM   #42
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Funny, it's that part that makes me think that it could be possible - I guess the confusion is in the word "reservation" because I was thinking it meant either the ADR or our group's trip reservation (4 rooms all made at one time, paid by the same person) but you are implying that "reservation" means people in one room. Your definition matches the part of the brochure that more specifically states "cannot share with other guests not on your *deluxe* dining plan"

It seems like there should be a little more education for Agents and call center CMs, so that little misunderstandings like this, that turn into big costly misunderstands, aren't being perpetuated
Just to elaborate a bit...

(obviously I don't know your exact details) Your 4 rooms are more than likely 4 separate reservations, with 4 separate reservation numbers. Whoever is paying for the reservation means nothing.

If you had 2 rooms on 1 reservation, all of those people would be on the same type of dining plan and listed on each KTTW card.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:36 PM   #43
MaeManda
Earning My Ears

Thank you all - I really appreciate the insight and advice
Old 10-25-2012, 11:14 PM   #44
MaeManda
Earning My Ears

Well, I guess we'll find out if it happens for us in April - I was just informed that we're doing it. I wish I knew more but I guess we'll see how it goes down when we get there

Thank you all again for your help! I look forward to "seeing" you around the boards while we gear up for our trip!
Old 10-26-2012, 05:56 AM   #45
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, I guess we'll find out if it happens for us in April - I was just informed that we're doing it. I wish I knew more but I guess we'll see how it goes down when we get there

Thank you all again for your help! I look forward to "seeing" you around the boards while we gear up for our trip!
Unless you have free dining, this may not be your best choice anyway depending on the breakdown of the group. The TIW card will give you a 20% discount and even if one person had to buy an AP to do so, you'd likely come out ahead assuming you have to buy tickets anyway (plus there are other benefits). $75 for a card that will cover 10 people and an additional card for $50. Those ages 3-9 and the specifics of the rest of the trip will determine what's really the best choice. Sometimes they will allow you to pay for others with the DP. I'd suggest he try every time possible and save any other credits you can, then if they don't allow it at CRT, you'll have additional credits to cover part of the meals there and extra credits to use for yourself or possibly others at other times.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: