Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2013, 03:27 PM   #1336
Akwafunk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
HHN is an awesome experience. Definitely not for kids though as I'd saw it can have a very STRONG PG-13 or even R rating due to the content of the event. (not to mention the drink booths every 100 ft. )

I'll be doing HHN on the 24th (Thursday). That late in the season I'm going to try and avoid Friday and Saturday at HHN like the plague. More expensive, AND it'll be PACKED. Thursday and Sunday are usually the less crowded days to do it, Or there would even be Halloween night mid week.
LOL. Sorry - I should have added - solo-weekend-tripper also. Have ZERO intention of bringing kids to HHN.
Akwafunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:36 PM   #1337
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

How about a late Friday meet then for F&W? Crowds are supposed to be bad either day. But around 2pm for the official meet time?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2013, 03:54 PM   #1338
LaLalovesWDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:

She LIVES?!?!?!!!!!

Let's see... a couple updates....

I'm Engaged.... Also have an 10mo old son....

DISMERI just got married.

BIGE and CT just had a Disney Wedding (Our First "Completed" Marriage between 2 SSC'ers! woot!)

Darcy is engaged

Our bartender is once again traveling and off on an adventure with his wife.

For other updates or details on any of the above, I'll let the people involved speak up.

Well, I'll be damned!! Wow, congrats to you all!!

Fun day trips - 1978 and 1986 * Offsite - 1990 * Offsite - 2002 * CBR - Christmas Week 2004 * CBR - December 2010* AKV - May 2011* WDW Dolphin Dec 2011* *CBR~Aug 2012* *CBR~Aug 2013*SSR ~ Dec 2013* *SSR ~ April/May 2014*

Just Me ,DD , and DK
LaLalovesWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:44 PM   #1339
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akwafunk View Post
LOL. Sorry - I should have added - solo-weekend-tripper also. Have ZERO intention of bringing kids to HHN.
No problem. I just know a lot of people who think of HHN as Universal's version of Mickey's not So Scary, so its almost second nature to make sure people realize that while they are both halloween events, that is where the similarities end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfanjosh3252 View Post
How about a late Friday meet then for F&W? Crowds are supposed to be bad either day. But around 2pm for the official meet time?
Just let me know what the plans are and I'll post them.

I'll be honest, Friday is when we check into our resort and FINALLY see Gus again after the honeymoon cruise and HHN the night before. I'm not sure if Rachel will be willing or in the mood to go drink at EPCOT that afternoon/evening.

But DEFINITELY... don't factor in if I can make it in the plans. figure out what you guys want to do and I'll make sure it's posted for all the see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLalovesWDW View Post

Well, I'll be damned!! Wow, congrats to you all!!

SEE! The SSC is good luck!
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:49 PM   #1340
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:
*ahem*

hey folks... yeah yeah I know... the last nine months of my life have been hell and have taken the last couple to get back on track. Dealt with a bunch of nonsense w/fam over my Dad's "estate" and then Sandy, then siblings popping up outta nowhere... ugh. Anyway, took me a minute to find you guys since I seemed to have totally lost track of how to navigate this board. I see a couple of familiar folk around here, so I just wanted to stop in, and say HI.

I see your annual Hershey meetup is coming and as usual, I can't go. I'm hosting a big friends and family barbecue at my home that same day and will be probably fighting with a grill from early AM. So.. can I get some updates?? who got married, had kids, caught a case... whats up?
OMG YOU ARE STILL ALIVE!!!!I was getting ready to send a search party out for you...I (ahem) we missed you!! WELCOME BACK!
so are you headed down to relax anytime soon?

NJDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:18 PM   #1341
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
*ahem*

hey folks... yeah yeah I know... the last nine months of my life have been hell and have taken the last couple to get back on track. Dealt with a bunch of nonsense w/fam over my Dad's "estate" and then Sandy, then siblings popping up outta nowhere... ugh. Anyway, took me a minute to find you guys since I seemed to have totally lost track of how to navigate this board. I see a couple of familiar folk around here, so I just wanted to stop in, and say HI.

I see your annual Hershey meetup is coming and as usual, I can't go. I'm hosting a big friends and family barbecue at my home that same day and will be probably fighting with a grill from early AM. So.. can I get some updates?? who got married, had kids, caught a case... whats up?
She's alive. . .woo hoo. . .
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:47 PM   #1342
Disney_Fanatic25
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone I don't know if any of you remember me but I've been mia for a bit and I just wanted to say hi :-) hope I can be a more active member of the board now that classes are done for the summer.

Disney_Fanatic25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:15 PM   #1343
jagfanjosh3252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Fanatic25 View Post
Hi everyone I don't know if any of you remember me but I've been mia for a bit and I just wanted to say hi :-) hope I can be a more active member of the board now that classes are done for the summer.
Lol. Hey you! How have you been?
Old 05-29-2013, 05:53 AM   #1344
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIS_MERI View Post
8 days to FL, 9 days to Disney here....11 people (4 adults and 7 kids from 3-16), 6 have never been to Disney. 1 of those thinks I am going to over-plan our days and kill all the fun (and of course that's the one I married ), the others are willing to trust that I can plan enough to make sure we enjoy it We are doing 2 beach days, surprising the kids with a night in a 2 bedroom at AKL Kidiani for our last night (2 adults and 2 kids aren't staying the night for that, but will hanging out for part of the check-in day to see how cool it is before they start their 16 hour drive back; our 7 are flying). Can't wait!
Glad all is well, it sounds like you will have a busy trip planned. Good luck!! So glad you checked in with us.

Quote:
*ahem*

Thanks for the update and welcome back. Sorry you have so much to deal with, glad to see you popped in and said hello, there are some familiar faces and some new ones. Did you have a lot of damage from Sandy?

Quote:

She LIVES?!?!?!!!!!

Let's see... a couple updates....

I'm Engaged.... Also have an 10mo old son....

DISMERI just got married.

BIGE and CT just had a Disney Wedding (Our First "Completed" Marriage between 2 SSC'ers! woot!)

Darcy is engaged

Our bartender is once again traveling and off on an adventure with his wife.

For other updates or details on any of the above, I'll let the people involved speak up.
I will share a few more details. Erik and I were married on the beach at the Poly on May 5. DS and I moved to Germany this past weekend and are getting use to the 6 hour time difference and living across the pond. It sure beats the 4000 miles and monthly trips to either the States or Europe that we had been doing for almost two years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post
I'm cool with any on those days. Just note that we learned the hard way last year ... Saturday at the F&W fest may not be such a great plan crowd wise. I'm probably doing the Wild Africa Trek on the 26th (or maybe the 25th), so I may be AWOL for a few hours while on the tour. The 26th is the last day the tour discount is offered. If anybody else was ever interested in this tour, this is probably the lowest price they offer it during the year.
I agree with Brock, as much fun as the Saturday meet, it was packed by 3pm.

As much as Erik and I would love to come this year. It looks like we most likely be unable to join you guys this year. It is a busy time of year for Erik at work and DS will be in school.

Last edited by ctnurse; 05-29-2013 at 07:14 AM.
ctnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:28 AM   #1345
Disney_Fanatic25
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfanjosh3252

Lol. Hey you! How have you been?
Hey! I'm good and you? I saw that you went to 24 hour disney so How was 24 hour Disney?

Old 05-29-2013, 08:29 AM   #1346
jagfanjosh3252

It was so much fun but so crazy. Lol.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:10 AM   #1347
Disney_Fanatic25
Mouseketeer

I bet! I wanted to go but couldn't make the time. Did you stay all night?

Old 05-29-2013, 09:15 AM   #1348
jagfanjosh3252

Quote:
I bet! I wanted to go but couldn't make the time. Did you stay all night?
I stayed about 18 hours total. Got there at 6am Friday. Stayed until mid afternoon then went back around 7 and stayed until 6am Saturday
Old 05-29-2013, 09:31 AM   #1349
Disney_Fanatic25
Mouseketeer

Wow I bet you were exhausted but I'm sure you had a blast

Old 05-29-2013, 09:45 AM   #1350
jagfanjosh3252

Quote:
Wow I bet you were exhausted but I'm sure you had a blast
I was exhausted. But it was fun. Lol.