Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2013, 11:22 PM   #1231
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfanjosh3252 View Post
I'm gonna be there the 13th-15 for the LTM at HS where it's open till 1am on the 13th. Then stay the rest of weekend.
I'll be there, too. Going from 9/11-9/16. Started as wanting to be there for the Villains thing at DHS turned into a trip with MNSSHP and possibly the vinyl trading event. But mostly to drink in places I've never drank in before.

Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
beachphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:51 AM   #1232
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
1. I finally got the official word on the Company Picnic at Hershey on 6/29. Unfortunately it looks like they are limiting the number of extra ticket sets we can purchase this year, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to hook people up this year. (Rachel's friends and family get dibs if they want to join us.). Hopefully I'll know by the end of the week.

2.That being said.... There are several discounts available for tickets thru the usual channels. Anybody think they'd like to join in the traditional Hershey meet this year? Saturday june 29th.

3.Honestly I'm really not sure what our plans are for this trip at this point. I think it's mostly going to end up depending upon what kind of Military Discount her parents can hook us up with since the cruise and wedding are going to be HUGE drains on my funding for this trip.

I miss going to the movies.
1. seriously ?? I understand rachel and maybe even her parents getting dibs on tickets, but you are putting her friends before those who have attended both hershey meets thus far.. ???

2.I'd love to be there on the 29th, however unless budget is passed I'll be working

3. military discount really isn't that great.

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
MICKEY88 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2013, 03:38 AM   #1233
Spyells
Why does a Walt Disney World vacation feel like an impossible dream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
Welcome. Feel free to jump right in. We are kinda quiet over the weekends so expect conversation to pick up during the week.
Thanks for the welcome.

Until my first trip to Walt Disney World!
Spyells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:57 AM   #1234
Disneyandphilliesfan
Mouseketeer

Top of the morning everyone countdown to the Jersey Shore bars has begun.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:10 AM   #1235
goofyfigment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyandphilliesfan
Top of the morning everyone countdown to the Jersey Shore bars has begun.
We did a drive thru of seaside and its looking good! Looking forward to our annual trip
1984 First Visit Off Site 1987 Off Site 1996 All Star Sports 1997 Howard Johnson Enchantedland 1998 The Spas @ Resort World 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH 2007 Sheraton Vistana Villages and HRH 2008 Parkway International and RPR 2009 All Star Sports 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas 2011 Club Seville 2011 All Star Sports 2012 Sheraton Vistana Resort and Windsor Hills 2012 Westgate Leisure Resort and POP 2013 Westgate Vacation Villas 2013 Birthday trip Royal Pacific 2013 Portofino Bay 2013 POP 2013 All Star Movies 2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas 2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Boardwalk Villas2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Bay Lake Towers2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas2014 Saratoga Springs2014 Fantasy World Vacation Villas2014 Disney All Star Sports2014Royal Pacific Resort
goofyfigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:02 PM   #1236
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

So. Rumor has it that Transformers will be in soft opening tho weekend. I think it's gonna happen. You have Sea World opening its new land "Antarctica," Disney with its "Monstrous Party." So I can see Universal trying to bring some people over with Transformers. All I can say is PLEASE! I'm gonna be in town anyway!
Old 05-20-2013, 12:04 PM   #1237
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
So. Rumor has it that Transformers will be in soft opening tho weekend. I think it's gonna happen. You have Sea World opening its new land "Antarctica," Disney with its "Monstrous Party." So I can see Universal trying to bring some people over with Transformers. All I can say is PLEASE! I'm gonna be in town anyway!
Universal just raised their prices, so transformers would be a good draw

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
MICKEY88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:06 PM   #1238
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyells View Post
Hello. I'm 21 and single. I'm a huge Disney fan that's dying to visit Disney World someday. I hope I'm not crashing the party.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch47 View Post
Hi, everyone. I’m kind of nervous to jump in here... but you all seem like a friendly bunch! My name is Tracey, I’m 29 years old and single.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnsassy730 View Post
Hi All! I'm Tasha! I've been stalking the boards for about a week just thought I would say hi. I'm 31 from Alabama!
to the group! We always love having new people join in around here, so feel free to pull up a stool, pour yourself a drink (Our resident bartender is away for the summer ), and jump right into the conversation.

Quote:
Hi Tasha. Welcome aboard!

And amfie I'm down with that. Love doing meet up
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnsassy730 View Post
I am actually doing my first solo trip for Friday the 13th at DHS!
Quote:
Awesome. Seems like we will have a little group going.
Josh, Would you like me to add details for this little impromtu meet on the first post? Figure it's looking like we've got enough people who just happened to be down there that weekend that it might be worth keeping track of and maybe making "official" to help everyone hook up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post
1. seriously ?? I understand rachel and maybe even her parents getting dibs on tickets, but you are putting her friends before those who have attended both hershey meets thus far.. ???

2.I'd love to be there on the 29th, however unless budget is passed I'll be working

3. military discount really isn't that great.

1. I'm Pretty sure I'd end up with at least 1 or 2 tickets after her friends, so obviously a and Diva would likely get first dibs on them....

2. Tell them to quit their *****in' and get to work then. You have things to do, and Pirate ride's to enjoy!

3. Specifically we are thinking the special Military Salute tickets.....assuming the promo gets extended again. Her parents will be down the start of our Disney days [they are bringing Gus down after we go on our cruise], so her dad who is the retired Military member would be there to activate them.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:19 PM   #1239
GILL635
Earning My Ears

Hey Guys

Another party crasher if thats ok ?

Single 32 and in the UK - seriously wishing I was in FL right now though.

I'll be pouring myself a drink anyways, bad day at the office

xx

GILL635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:33 PM   #1240
jagfanjosh3252

Sure DC. You can add it. I don't mind being the planner for it. And welcome Gill.

Last edited by jagfanjosh3252; 05-20-2013 at 03:41 PM.
jagfanjosh3252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:46 PM   #1241
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by GILL635 View Post
Hey Guys

Another party crasher if thats ok ?

Single 32 and in the UK - seriously wishing I was in FL right now though.

I'll be pouring myself a drink anyways, bad day at the office

xx
to the group! Of course we don't mind having someone else join in around here!

Quote:
Sure DC. You can add it. I don't mind being the planner for it. And welcome Gill.
Done, and Done.

I've also added some placeholders for the 2 traditional official annual meets. For the big Disney Meet during F&W, now we just need to get the dates locked down so we can start actually keeping track of who's attending this year.

Darcy... Still think you can plan/organize the meet? or would you like to relinquish the planner job due to your existing Wedding planning duties? [totally understandable, and I'm sure we can find someone else who'd be willing to jump in and organize this thing]
Old 05-20-2013, 05:06 PM   #1242
jagfanjosh3252

I can do the official meet as well if Darcy doesn't want to
Old 05-20-2013, 05:35 PM   #1243
amfie928
Mouseketeer

I hope there will be lots of people at HS on 9/13...should be a fun time! I look forward to meeting everyone!
amfie928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #1244
DCTooTall

Quote:
I can do the official meet as well if Darcy doesn't want to
I'll keep that in mind.

Darcy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amfie928 View Post
I hope there will be lots of people at HS on 9/13...should be a fun time! I look forward to meeting everyone!
Josh is a great guy, so you should have fun either way.

I'm not sure how many of us will be down during that time since most of us tend to travel down between the end of September and Early November for F&W or the RundDisney Events that bookend F&W now. But honestly, As we've discovered over the years at the regional meets and small gettogethers we've had, You don't really need a large group to have a blast with this crowd and a meet. Sometimes the smaller groups can be even more entertaining simply because you get to know each other better and can joke around a lot more.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:20 PM   #1245
amfie928
Mouseketeer

Small or large it should be fun...and get me away from my crazy family! It was supposed to be a solo trip. Then Mom joined up...then brother, sil, 2 nieces and nephew and sil's mom...then other bro and fiance...

I may need a large cocktail and time away by the time Friday 13th rolls around!!
amfie928 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: