Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 04:15 PM   #856
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post
Sitting outside for an afternoon at a German cafe enjoying great beer and food would pretty much be a perfect day for me.

Although I traveled areas of Europe for work, the only time I've spent in Germany is a short layover in Munich, which really doesn't count. My travel bucket list includes Germany, Switzerland, Scotland, Tanzania, and Australia
You will the love the beer in Germany, it is so tasty, wait the beer is pretty tasty in Switzerland and Scotland too. You need to visit and we can all sample the beer!
Brock, are you on FB yet???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahoff View Post
I loved Heidelburg when I was over in Germany. It was almost a weekly trip for us from Frankfurt.

Looks like I might be heading over to Geneva for work a few times in the upcoming months, looking forward to it!
I was just in Heidelberg a few weeks ago and I agree it is an amazing city!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramoz View Post
Just had 4.5 fun days at WDW and am about to catch my bus over to the Dream for my cruise, wanted to pop in and say hi!!!
Have a great time, I have been living vicariously through your posts and pics. We will be there soon, I'll keep you posted. BTW, you would love the German beers too.

ctnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:45 PM   #857
ziggystardust
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon

Welcome aboard! ... Love the ZiggyStardust name ... big fan of old school Bowie, and Mick Ronson was an early influence on my guitar playing. Although I primary played guitar in a cover band many moons ago, I did actually take vocal duties when we played 'Moonage Daydream', 'Ziggy', 'Lady Stardust', and 'Space Oddity'. Horrible singer, but I do a great Bowie impression apparently
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall

to the group. Your name looks familiar, but as much as I get around, if you didn't post here before I could have easily seen you elsewhere on the DIS.

Thx for the welcome!

Yea I've been around the dis for a while. Usually in waves.
The ziggy name was after my dog that I named after Bowie. So kinda roundabout way to get a user name.

Trying to figure out a way to sneak down to wdw during f&w. but being unemployed at the moment isn't helping. Here's hoping!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 10:19 PM   #858
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosleeptildisney View Post
I've heard so many good things about AKL and Boma, definitely excited for the whole experience! POP is Pop Century resort. Its a value resort. I chose it because it has its own bus system, so it shouldnt be too bad getting back and forth. I have the TouringPlans subscription and I have been checking out the expected crowd values for our dates, and they all look really low, like 3s and 4s, which is great! Do you remember it being crowded when you went around the same time? Thanks for the tip for MNSSHP! I will definitely give myself atleast an hour. I have been researching the best viewing areas for the fireworks. I absolutely LOVE fireworks. I'll probably end up crying.
POP has their own bus system? I had no idea! I hope it won't be too crowded. Last time we went, we went in the middle of September. It was the lowest season for DVC so that's why we went at that time. The crowds really weren't that bad at all. I actually have video of Epcot at 10:00am on a Saturday morning and there was no one there! It was so weird! I love fireworks too! If you love fireworks, you'll love them at MNSSHP!
bellepearle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:39 AM   #859
AuroraRora
Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellepearle
POP has their own bus system? I had no idea! I hope it won't be too crowded. Last time we went, we went in the middle of September. It was the lowest season for DVC so that's why we went at that time. The crowds really weren't that bad at all. I actually have video of Epcot at 10:00am on a Saturday morning and there was no one there! It was so weird! I love fireworks too! If you love fireworks, you'll love them at MNSSHP!
I didnt't realize Pop had it's own bus system either until yesterday when I was on the phone with Reservations. I was originally booked at ASMu but the CM told me about the bus system and the fact that they rarely/never host cheerleaders through most of the year, and I was hooked.
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:41 AM   #860
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

When I was at POP in October, the buses were great. I only waited over 10 mins twice. Once for DTD and once for MK. I have a car, but usually ride the bus since it was off-season. It was nice. I only had one complaint, and it wasn't POP's fault. I stayed 5 night, and on my 3rd night onward a family got the room next to me and they were LOUD. Like slamming doors and running around.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:25 PM   #861
goofyfigment
DIS Veteran

I stayed at pop over new years and had no issues with the busses and that says a lot since the crowds are bad those days
1984 First Visit Off Site 1987 Off Site 1996 All Star Sports 1997 Howard Johnson Enchantedland 1998 The Spas @ Resort World 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH 2007 Sheraton Vistana Villages and HRH 2008 Parkway International and RPR 2009 All Star Sports 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas 2011 Club Seville 2011 All Star Sports 2012 Sheraton Vistana Resort and Windsor Hills 2012 Westgate Leisure Resort and POP 2013 Westgate Vacation Villas 2013 Birthday trip Royal Pacific 2013 Portofino Bay 2013 POP 2013 All Star Movies 2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas 2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Boardwalk Villas2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Bay Lake Towers2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas2014 Saratoga Springs2014 Fantasy World Vacation Villas2014 Disney All Star Sports2014Royal Pacific Resort
goofyfigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:54 AM   #862
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Hey All

Sorry that I have been MIA for a few days. My son was here with me visiting from GTMO so I have been spending a fair amount of time with him. He left yesterday morning so now I am back in the swing of planning. . .

I will post a poll of the weekends in October. Whichever one wins the most votes will most likely be our choice. I don't care as I can get there whenever I want, but most of you travel from out of state.

Oh, and just a heads up. The new RFID readers are in place at most turnstiles at the parks. Paper annual passes are going away. If you renew this year you will get the new RFID pass and the new rules that go with that. I also believe they will be charging for replacement annual passes if you lose them (Disneyland in California already does this and has for years). There will be some new restrictions on fast passes as well, though I haven't read the whole new process yet.

Nice to see everyone and welcome to the newbies.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:02 AM   #863
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Well shucks. . .it appears that polls are only allowed on new thread starts, not on replies to existing threads. I will go create one and you all can vote. . .
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:02 PM   #864
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRora View Post
I didnt't realize Pop had it's own bus system either until yesterday when I was on the phone with Reservations. I was originally booked at ASMu but the CM told me about the bus system and the fact that they rarely/never host cheerleaders through most of the year, and I was hooked.
Wow that's really interesting.
bellepearle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:59 PM   #865
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigE View Post
These things happen....it was the Rum's fault.
As I recall I was the only one drinking the rum (after you made a run down to the lobby to get a bottle just so I'd drink).... The Rum would be free from all blame. Well, At least blame about a missing memory. Rachel may have some complaints about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramoz View Post
Just had 4.5 fun days at WDW and am about to catch my bus over to the Dream for my cruise, wanted to pop in and say hi!!!

I want details on your cruise. It's starting to look like we may end up doing a cruise for the Honeymoon instead of the massive disney trip we were originally planning. Rachel really wants to do the cruise since we'll have her parents looking after Gus and she'd rather not have to worry about him when she goes on a cruise.

Her parents just got back from a cruise at the beginning of the month, so that just adds to her excitement.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:58 PM   #866
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

I hear Carnival has down good cruises
Old 03-18-2013, 07:37 PM   #867
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
Sorry that I have been MIA for a few days. My son was here with me visiting from GTMO so I have been spending a fair amount of time with him. He left yesterday morning so now I am back in the swing of planning. . .

I will post a poll of the weekends in October. Whichever one wins the most votes will most likely be our choice. I don't care as I can get there whenever I want, but most of you travel from out of state.

Oh, and just a heads up. The new RFID readers are in place at most turnstiles at the parks. Paper annual passes are going away. If you renew this year you will get the new RFID pass and the new rules that go with that. I also believe they will be charging for replacement annual passes if you lose them (Disneyland in California already does this and has for years). There will be some new restrictions on fast passes as well, though I haven't read the whole new process yet.

Nice to see everyone and welcome to the newbies.
I guess we will get the new RFID pass when we are there in May. We will have to figure out a day to meet.

I'm also not going to answer your poll, we will wait and see what the dates are and go from there, hopefully we can make the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
As I recall I was the only one drinking the rum (after you made a run down to the lobby to get a bottle just so I'd drink).... The Rum would be free from all blame. Well, At least blame about a missing memory. Rachel may have some complaints about it.

I want details on your cruise. It's starting to look like we may end up doing a cruise for the Honeymoon instead of the massive disney trip we were originally planning. Rachel really wants to do the cruise since we'll have her parents looking after Gus and she'd rather not have to worry about him when she goes on a cruise.

Her parents just got back from a cruise at the beginning of the month, so that just adds to her excitement.
Erik and I have been talking about a Disney Cruise too, especially after seeing the pictures Tara posted on FB. It will have to wait for now since we are planning a trip in early May to WDW.

ctnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:48 AM   #868
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigE View Post
Throw Ireland in there too, especially if you are a beer lover. Was there in January, and sitting in Irish Pub drinking the local brew is pretty good. I am not a stout fan, but I had my mandatory Guinness when in country and then switched to the local brews and ciders.
Some years back I had some work in Arklow, south of Dublin. I had a blast. I ended up hanging out with the locals all week in the pubs of Bray. As you probably know, business travel is an interesting way to see the world. I don't usually get to see the touristy stuff, but it's an amazing way to get a feel for the real culture and local flavor of different areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post
You will the love the beer in Germany, it is so tasty, wait the beer is pretty tasty in Switzerland and Scotland too. You need to visit and we can all sample the beer!
Brock, are you on FB yet???
I've still somehow managed to avoid FB. Every now and then I ponder joining up, but I have friends and relatives who treat FB like crack ... and it pretty much scares me away. That or I could become the next Kip Drordy (South Park ref). For now I'm sort of on the fence.

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:46 PM   #869
peteanddebbie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfanjosh3252 View Post
I hear Carnival has down good cruises
EWWWWWWWWW....Carnival is going to have to change its name. It has a black cloud over it now. I was on the Triumph years ago, but I don't think I would ever do Carnival again.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #870
goofyfigment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteanddebbie

EWWWWWWWWW....Carnival is going to have to change its name. It has a black cloud over it now. I was on the Triumph years ago, but I don't think I would ever do Carnival again.
I was on the triumph too, I keep busting my mother because she is going on the carnival pride in june
1984 First Visit Off Site 1987 Off Site 1996 All Star Sports 1997 Howard Johnson Enchantedland 1998 The Spas @ Resort World 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH 2007 Sheraton Vistana Villages and HRH 2008 Parkway International and RPR 2009 All Star Sports 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas 2011 Club Seville 2011 All Star Sports 2012 Sheraton Vistana Resort and Windsor Hills 2012 Westgate Leisure Resort and POP 2013 Westgate Vacation Villas 2013 Birthday trip Royal Pacific 2013 Portofino Bay 2013 POP 2013 All Star Movies 2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas 2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Boardwalk Villas2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Bay Lake Towers2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas2014 Saratoga Springs2014 Fantasy World Vacation Villas2014 Disney All Star Sports2014Royal Pacific Resort
goofyfigment is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: