Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-11-2013, 09:41 AM   #826
TheBigE
Change is inevitable, Growth is optional
 
TheBigE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Deutschland
Posts: 180

Hey All,

Sorry been reading more than posting lately, things are busy since moving to Germany at the end of last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post
I'm right there with DC's great advice, as I think he hit the major points including the dining plan ...

As mentioned, there's looking to be another SSC meet sometime in October. Possibly sometime around 10/19-10/20 or 10/26-10/27??? Somebody/anybody (Darcy???) needs to lock in a date

Ain't no party like a BigE party! ...
Thanks and of course I had some help in pulling of an Epic Party. No body walked the plank, but then everone left with a smile on there face and great memories.. Stay tuned for the next PARRRRTY, you will not want to miss it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramoz View Post
Perfect girl! It's a plan
Have fun, wish I was there...will be there soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post
From the research I've done, POR/POFQ has some of the best bus transport around. It has one of the faster bus routes to Epcot. You also have the option of taking the boat to DTD which is nice. I think the key is either staying at POFQ which I think only has one stop, or staying near the main bus stop at POR.

It's still bus transport which many will hate on no matter how decent the service is. For me, I'm patient and don't mind the bus. For late night entertainment though, I usually use cabs to get around the Boardwalk and DTD areas
Having taken a cab mainy times around WDW, in my opinion they are a great way to get where you need to go on your schedule. I like to take them when doing dinner at the resorts. Overall, it is just easier.

Plus they even can offer some helpful hints, such as dropping off in another resort to get to MK....say for example Poly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post
Been drinking with friends for a while tonight and catching up on Game of Thrones, finally finishing season 2 ... I have to say although there are a bunch of great shows now like Breaking Bad, The Americans, and my champ Walking Dead ... Game of Thrones is now my top contender! Even if you don't think you'd like the subject matter, you owe it to check it out. There's a little something for everyone ...


I guess nothing yet, although I think it may be leaning towards the last two weeks of Oct? Currently I'm looking to book 10/17-10/23 or 10/24-10/30. I'm probably going to book by the end of March, or early April. I know the good sites at Fort Wilderness fill fast for the Halloween season
At CTNuse indicated, we are a maybe. I had such a great time last year, but definitely need to do F&W not on the weekend. It was way to busy last year.

Also since having moved to Germany, I am loving the Beer here. The purity laws of this country make for some really great beers. Plus it is actually cheaper to have a beer than coke or even water in some restaurants...what is a guy going to do. Brock - Plan a trip out this way and you will try some fine brews.
TheBigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:43 AM   #827
TheBigE
Change is inevitable, Growth is optional
 
TheBigE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Deutschland
Posts: 180

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post

We will definitely miss you and Erik and Jaden. Its funny, I have met up with my friend Tom at this time every year. I told his girlfriend that she doesn't really need to pack him up for my birthday every year. Its kinda a tradition
Thanks. I am sure we will be there in spirit. Have a drink on me, I know you like the white wine in Italy. Try the cheese too. But above all have a great time.
TheBigE is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-11-2013, 06:17 PM   #828
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo
 
DCTooTall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: York, PA
Posts: 5,957

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggystardust View Post
I don't think I've ever posted on this thread or i might have 100 pages ago . So hi all!

I check back here every once and a while and saw a Hershey park meet being planned. I just moved pretty close to Hershey and would love to meet up. I'll have make sure I stay updated! Sounds awesome !
to the group. Your name looks familiar, but as much as I get around, if you didn't post here before I could have easily seen you elsewhere on the DIS.

If you can't keep up with the general chat around here, once we get some more concrete information on the planned meets, I'll update the first post with the meet info. I like to do that to make it easier for people to keep tabs on the plans without having to dig thru all the posts they may have missed to find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post
this is one time I think change would be great, if the budget isn't finished I'll probably be working the 29th..
Well then, hope, pray, bribe, voodoo, and whatever else you think may help send me some good luck for a job I just applied for. I saw an internal posting for a position at the lab in Downingtown last week that I decided to apply for. If I get it, I'm assuming it'll come with a nice pay raise.... and since it's a job at the corporate level instead of the Region level I'm at now, it means I'll likely no longer be able to officially take part in the company picnic. That, in turn, means that there will be some more freedom to play with the meet dates.

And all honesty.... It seems much more likely that I'll get the new job than we have of politicians actually learning to compromise in order to get something accomplished....



Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfanjosh3252 View Post
So. No date on the SSC Disney meet for this year yet?
Nope. Darcy, It may be time for an executive decision on the meet date or dates.....


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn86 View Post
hello all!!! New to all of this just kind of trying to get a feel for whats going on here
to the group. If you ever figure out whats going on here, please let me know. I've been involved in this group for years now after starting the first thread, and somehow, I'm still not sure I entirely know whats going on around here sometimes.




Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigE View Post
Thanks and of course I had some help in pulling of an Epic Party. No body walked the plank, but then everone left with a smile on there face and great memories.. Stay tuned for the next PARRRRTY, you will not want to miss it!!

E... I'm gonna have to correct you right there. While most of us have some great memories of the party, There were a couple people whose memories of the party are a little.....fuzzy....




DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:41 AM   #829
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man
 
Brocktoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philly 'Burbs
Posts: 1,654

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigE View Post

At CTNuse indicated, we are a maybe. I had such a great time last year, but definitely need to do F&W not on the weekend. It was way to busy last year.
Hopefully you can make it down. I'm even thinking about hitting the Halloween party this year. Over the years I've found that Monday is usually the best day for the F&W. Friday may be crowded, but that's still probably way better than how bad the Saturday crowds got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post

Nope. Darcy, It may be time for an executive decision on the meet date or dates.....
Knowing my luck, I just don't want to book my dates, and then find out folks are heading down just before or after my F&W trip, missing people by a week or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post

E... I'm gonna have to correct you right there. While most of us have some great memories of the party, There were a couple people whose memories of the party are a little.....fuzzy....
I resemble that remark
__________________

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:28 AM   #830
CoasterAddict
Queen of the Double Entendre
 
CoasterAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Berlin, MA
Posts: 1,632

Fall dates

Hi all,
FWIW, I'm heading down for the Wine and Dine half marathon, which is Veteran's Day w'end, but probably going Wednesday - Wednesday hoping to hit some lower crowd days.
__________________
DL Tinkerbell Halfmarathon 2013
Marathon Relay 2012 2:51:33!! Team Time 6:00
WDW Full Marathon 2011 7:02:27 -who thought that was a good idea? Oh yeah, me...
WDW Half-Marathon 2008--3:08:13, 2009--3:07:02, 2010--3:13:52 (in sleet) 2012--3:14
DL Half-Marathon 2009--3:05:17
CoasterAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:48 AM   #831
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo
 
DCTooTall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: York, PA
Posts: 5,957

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post
Hopefully you can make it down. I'm even thinking about hitting the Halloween party this year. Over the years I've found that Monday is usually the best day for the F&W. Friday may be crowded, but that's still probably way better than how bad the Saturday crowds got.
Friday's are like a weekday crowd in the morning/early afternoon.... and then weekend bad late afternoon/evening as the locals get off work and start coming to the park for F&W.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:14 PM   #832
bellepearle
Mouseketeer
 
bellepearle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 299

Hello all. My name's Lindsay. I am not new to the Disboards but I am new to the adults section. I am 27 years old, live in NJ, and am physically disabled. People who know me say that I could be a Disney Ambassador (if that existed). That is how much I truly love Disney. Next to animals, Disney is my hugest passion. I have been to WDW numerous times and just went on our first DCL trip this past summer. We have a WDW vacation planned for this coming October - can't wait! Looking to "meet" other Disney fanatics just like me!

Lindsay
bellepearle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:28 PM   #833
nosleeptildisney
Earning My Ears
 
nosleeptildisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New York City
Posts: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellepearle
Hello all. My name's Lindsay. I am not new to the Disboards but I am new to the adults section. I am 27 years old, live in NJ, and am physically disabled. People who know me say that I could be a Disney Ambassador (if that existed). That is how much I truly love Disney. Next to animals, Disney is my hugest passion. I have been to WDW numerous times and just went on our first DCL trip this past summer. We have a WDW vacation planned for this coming October - can't wait! Looking to "meet" other Disney fanatics just like me!

Lindsay
I, too, am planning an October trip! What are your dates?
nosleeptildisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:33 PM   #834
bellepearle
Mouseketeer
 
bellepearle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 299

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosleeptildisney View Post
I, too, am planning an October trip! What are your dates?
We are going October 13-20. It will be our first F&W Festival. Very excited! Last time when we went in 2010, they were just setting things up for the F&W Festival but this time we'll actually be able to enjoy it!
bellepearle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:35 PM   #835
nosleeptildisney
Earning My Ears
 
nosleeptildisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New York City
Posts: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellepearle
We are going October 13-20. It will be our first F&W Festival. Very excited! Last time when we went in 2010, they were just setting things up for the F&W Festival but this time we'll actually be able to enjoy it!
I'm Oct15-25! I will be solo =[

My first F & W too! Also I will be attending MNSSHP
nosleeptildisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:43 PM   #836
bellepearle
Mouseketeer
 
bellepearle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 299

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosleeptildisney View Post
I'm Oct15-25! I will be solo =[

My first F & W too! Also I will be attending MNSSHP
I can't travel solo due to my disability. I will be with my parents, my grandmother, and two nurses. Where are you staying? We are renting points to stay at BWV. We did that last time and it worked out pretty well. It's definitely cheaper, especially when you're traveling with a group. I did MNSSHP last time. The fireworks, parade, and Disney Villains show were awesome. The castle changed colors constantly. I don't know that I would want to do it again though. I wonder if it is the same fireworks, parade, and shows or if it is different each year.
bellepearle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:44 PM   #837
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars
 
jagfanjosh3252's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Posts: 1,080

Keep in mind ladies, we might e having our Annual meet during they time as well.
__________________
Go Jaguars!
jagfanjosh3252 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:46 PM   #838
bellepearle
Mouseketeer
 
bellepearle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 299

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfanjosh3252 View Post
Keep in mind ladies, we might e having our Annual meet during they time as well.
I'm new here. What's the Annual Meet?
bellepearle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:51 PM   #839
bellepearle
Mouseketeer
 
bellepearle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 299

How does one add a picture to their profile?
bellepearle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:53 PM   #840
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo
 
DCTooTall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: York, PA
Posts: 5,957

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellepearle View Post
Hello all. My name's Lindsay. I am not new to the Disboards but I am new to the adults section. I am 27 years old, live in NJ, and am physically disabled. People who know me say that I could be a Disney Ambassador (if that existed). That is how much I truly love Disney. Next to animals, Disney is my hugest passion. I have been to WDW numerous times and just went on our first DCL trip this past summer. We have a WDW vacation planned for this coming October - can't wait! Looking to "meet" other Disney fanatics just like me!

Lindsay
to the group! You should have a blast around here as we are always an interesting group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellepearle View Post
I can't travel solo due to my disability. I will be with my parents, my grandmother, and two nurses. Where are you staying? We are renting points to stay at BWV. We did that last time and it worked out pretty well. It's definitely cheaper, especially when you're traveling with a group. I did MNSSHP last time. The fireworks, parade, and Disney Villains show were awesome. The castle changed colors constantly. I don't know that I would want to do it again though. I wonder if it is the same fireworks, parade, and shows or if it is different each year.
Just a heads up, Make sure you get your BWV reservation in ASAP. Because of it's proximity to the International Gateway It's always EXTREMELY popular around F&W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellepearle View Post
I'm new here. What's the Annual Meet?
It kinda started unoffficially with a few of us who just happened to have visits planned around the same weekend.... last year however it was a bit more official.

Basically, We try and pick sometime during F&W when we all meet up down at WDW and spend the day hanging out. It's a blast, and everyone who wants to join us is welcome to do so.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: