Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2013, 06:55 PM   #811
ziggystardust
DIS Veteran

I don't think I've ever posted on this thread or i might have 100 pages ago . So hi all!

I check back here every once and a while and saw a Hershey park meet being planned. I just moved pretty close to Hershey and would love to meet up. I'll have make sure I stay updated! Sounds awesome !
Old 03-08-2013, 08:27 PM   #812
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
As for the Hershey meet... tentative date is 6/29. It may be subject to change however.
:
this is one time I think change would be great, if the budget isn't finished I'll probably be working the 29th..

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
MICKEY88 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2013, 08:34 PM   #813
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

So. No date on the SSC Disney meet for this year yet?
Old 03-08-2013, 08:34 PM   #814
megan_in_pink
Mouseketeer

What is everyone doing tonight?
megan_in_pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #815
MICKEY88
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by megan_in_pink View Post
What is everyone doing tonight?
making a late dinner, what are you up to

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:41 PM   #816
MICKEY88
100% Male Disney nut!

have I mentioned lately, that I love being a photographer

Sunday night I'm shooting a Burlesque show !!

Old 03-08-2013, 08:42 PM   #817
nosleeptildisney
Earning My Ears

I've gotten a bottle of wine going and Pandora...

Dance party for one!
nosleeptildisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:45 PM   #818
megan_in_pink
Mouseketeer

I am trying to finger out how to fit a second trip to the DMV into my already super busy Saturday. Was there last weekend and someone made a big mistake. So right now I am driving with no drivers licence.

Before all that happened I made a nice dinner and Brownies.
megan_in_pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:50 PM   #819
MICKEY88
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosleeptildisney View Post
I've gotten a bottle of wine going and Pandora...

Dance party for one!
sounds like a good time.. the Pyrate has his Rum, and is a happy man..LOL

Old 03-08-2013, 09:43 PM   #820
Kathryn86
Earning My Ears

hello all!!! New to all of this just kind of trying to get a feel for whats going on here
Kathryn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:56 PM   #821
Offsides
I enjoy being a girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefLepard View Post

I always recommend Port Orleans Riverside !!!
I've been dying to stay at POR. I stayed there a long time ago when it was Dixie Landings and I've been reaaallly wanting to go back. Hopefully soon!
Old 03-09-2013, 03:52 AM   #822
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post
Thanks, we have a few more parties in our future.

You guys are going to have fun, there is only one thing missing.
You are the only thing missing girl. . .
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:15 AM   #823
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
ROFLMAO. . .am I required to bring my own RRRRRRRRRUM?
That is not a bad idea. . .just a thought in process. . .lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post
Thanks, we have a few more parties in our future.

You guys are going to have fun, there is only one thing missing.
We will definitely miss you and Erik and Jaden. Its funny, I have met up with my friend Tom at this time every year. I told his girlfriend that she doesn't really need to pack him up for my birthday every year. Its kinda a tradition

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosleeptildisney View Post
WOW! thanks for all that information! I was definitely thinking to myself "am I really going to eat ALL that food, for 8 days??" I think I'll skip on it. POR and POFQ were the two moderates I was considering, but I think I read somewhere that the transportation is HORRIBLE. any thoughts?
I have always loved transportation from there. Unless you are a park nazi that needs to be at the park for opening, no issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post
From the research I've done, POR/POFQ has some of the best bus transport around. It has one of the faster bus routes to Epcot. You also have the option of taking the boat to DTD which is nice. I think the key is either staying at POFQ which I think only has one stop, or staying near the main bus stop at POR.

It's still bus transport which many will hate on no matter how decent the service is. For me, I'm patient and don't mind the bus. For late night entertainment though, I usually use cabs to get around the Boardwalk and DTD areas
I am with you Brocktoon. . .the cabs at night are wayyyyyy cheaper than a DUI. Seriously though, from AKL to POR was 11 bucks. From POFQ to Wilderness Lodge I think we paid 20 bucks for. It could have cost us a hundred but way cheaper than a DUI.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:38 PM   #824
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

Been drinking with friends for a while tonight and catching up on Game of Thrones, finally finishing season 2 ... I have to say although there are a bunch of great shows now like Breaking Bad, The Americans, and my champ Walking Dead ... Game of Thrones is now my top contender! Even if you don't think you'd like the subject matter, you owe it to check it out. There's a little something for everyone ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggystardust View Post
I don't think I've ever posted on this thread or i might have 100 pages ago . So hi all!

I check back here every once and a while and saw a Hershey park meet being planned. I just moved pretty close to Hershey and would love to meet up. I'll have make sure I stay updated! Sounds awesome !
Welcome aboard! ... Love the ZiggyStardust name ... big fan of old school Bowie, and Mick Ronson was an early influence on my guitar playing. Although I primary played guitar in a cover band many moons ago, I did actually take vocal duties when we played 'Moonage Daydream', 'Ziggy', 'Lady Stardust', and 'Space Oddity'. Horrible singer, but I do a great Bowie impression apparently

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfanjosh3252 View Post
So. No date on the SSC Disney meet for this year yet?
I guess nothing yet, although I think it may be leaning towards the last two weeks of Oct? Currently I'm looking to book 10/17-10/23 or 10/24-10/30. I'm probably going to book by the end of March, or early April. I know the good sites at Fort Wilderness fill fast for the Halloween season

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:44 PM   #825
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

Brock. Two things.

First, Game of thrones is amazing. I love the books and show. I hope I can use HBO Go from a friend because I don't have HBO right now since I've been cutting cost. I can't wait for season 3

Second, we need to figure it out. About thr date for the meet. I want to rent DVC this year for it and need to know the dates. I like the last weekend in Oct. and it doesn't have to be a Saturday or Sunday. It will prolly be better to do a weekday.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: