Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 12:39 AM   #721
roxysmum123
DIS Veteran

Hello all

Tried this group a while ago, but giving it another whirl. Hopefully I can keep up this time, lol! Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Cheers
Old 03-03-2013, 09:35 AM   #722
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
columbus day weekend was 10/6 last year which lead to the higher crowds that week. I was down there the same time since 10/13 was our meet last year.

In other meet news..... I got the date for this year's Company picnic at Hershey park. Anybody interested in trying to get together for another regional meet at Hershey this year?
I definitely disappeared from this thread for awhile, you guys can be tough to keep up with!

Maybe I can actually make the Hershey meet this year... But unless the meet is in September before F&W, I won't be able to make it.

Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
beachphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2013, 10:20 AM   #723
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyandphilliesfan View Post
I find these single threads to lead to nothing but back and forth messages and they lead to notta.
Just my humble opinion, I have seen several posts from you, and as a woman, I think you are just trying to hard. There are a lot of great women on this board. My advice is to jump in and try to develop friendships first. You never know what will happen, I met a fantastic man on this thread and lots of other great friends.
Quote:
It really depends on what you are looking to get out of this thread.

This thread was started as just a thread for people to chat freely about anything and everything that comes to mind. Since it was started about 3-4yrs ago (the first thread, we've hit the 250page max a few times), We've had some really strong friendships start between people who chat around here... we've had at least 4 official group meets (2 at Hershey park and 2 at WDW)... and several "unofficial" meets when people have traveled to the parks and had dates overlap..... And for those hoping to actually have a "love connection".... My Fiance and I met for the first time here and at one of our get-togethers at WDW.... And there is at least 1 other couple I know of in this thread who have started seeing each other since the thread started. (And that doesn't factor in the other people currently active here, or who used to be active here, who have found people locally..... At least one of which who was tempted to not even go on their first blind date with their new spouse until several of us here said to do it despite their doubts about it having a future).

So ultimately.... If you are just looking to find the perfect person within a singles thread.... probably not gonna happen. sorry. But if you come in with an open mind and participate, You are pretty much guarenteed to make some new friends..... and you may end up discovering in the process that one of your new friends could be the person you were looking for.

Very well said and I totally agree.

Quote:
columbus day weekend was 10/6 last year which lead to the higher crowds that week. I was down there the same time since 10/13 was our meet last year.

In other meet news..... I got the date for this year's Company picnic at Hershey park. Anybody interested in trying to get together for another regional meet at Hershey this year?
We are not sure about this year, we have a lot going on, but we are going to try to make the October meet. Erik and I are maybes right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
I definitely disappeared from this thread for awhile, you guys can be tough to keep up with!

Maybe I can actually make the Hershey meet this year... But unless the meet is in September before F&W, I won't be able to make it.
Welcome back and don't worry about being caught up.

ctnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:26 PM   #724
ATLJR
Earning My Ears

Is anyone in here doing The Expedition Everest Challenge in May?
ATLJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:23 PM   #725
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

OMG, planning an actual wedding (not just a marriage) is hard when you work full time. You have to go see venues and they really only like to see you during the week. . .its all a bit overwhelming.

I can do Disney any time I want as long as its not a call weekend, I just need to tell them a month in advance what weekend I don't want to do call. . .

I believe that AHoff, our resident bicycle rider/runner is doing that. He mentioned it. I am not sure about anyone else. . .not me, that is for sure.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:45 PM   #726
Disneyandphilliesfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by megan_in_pink View Post
No no fun plans. Just got back from
Paying for the plates and drivers permit. I am
Now poor. Thank you quebec government.
I know the feeling I just got a brand new car.
Disneyandphilliesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #727
ahoff
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLJR View Post
Is anyone in here doing The Expedition Everest Challenge in May?
I did this a few years ago, but can't swing it for this year. It is a fun race, but only a 5K. If you count the scavenger part you are running trough AK again, so almost a 10K. Was thinking of the ToT race in October also. But already booked a room for marathon next January!

Go on over to the WISH boards, there is a thread setup already for this race.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:40 PM   #728
CoasterAddict
Queen of the Double Entendre

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahoff View Post
I did this a few years ago, but can't swing it for this year. It is a fun race, but only a 5K. If you count the scavenger part you are running trough AK again, so almost a 10K. Was thinking of the ToT race in October also. But already booked a room for marathon next January!

Disney runs are always fun. I'll probably never get to do Everest because of the time of year it happens. Heading down for the Wine and Dine in November and next year's Princess half.
Marathon Relay 2012 2:51:33!! Team Time 6:00
WDW Full Marathon 2011 7:02:27 -who thought that was a good idea? Oh yeah, me...
WDW Half-Marathon 2008--3:08:13, 2009--3:07:02, 2010--3:13:52 (in sleet) 2012--3:14
DL Half-Marathon 2009--3:05:17
CoasterAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:14 PM   #729
mikesdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Good luck to all you runners out there.
POFQ for half and WL for half Aug - Sept 2007-DS (10), Me
POR, Sept 2008 DS (11),Dmom , Ddad , Me::cheer2
ASMo, sept 2009 DS(12), Dmom, Ddad, Me
mikesdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:12 AM   #730
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahoff View Post

My DS who will be 9 this month has been talking about doing a 5k. Do you think something like this would be good for him. Any tips for him? Is he too young? He got into running last year at summer camp.

ctnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:52 AM   #731
peteanddebbie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxysmum123 View Post
Hello all

Tried this group a while ago, but giving it another whirl. Hopefully I can keep up this time, lol! Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Cheers
Welcome!! Good luck keeping up, it does get a little crazy some times.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #732
ahoff
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post
My DS who will be 9 this month has been talking about doing a 5k. Do you think something like this would be good for him. Any tips for him? Is he too young? He got into running last year at summer camp.
Disney races are a lot of fun! (if you think running for 4 hours is fun....) But Disney has incorporated a 5K into all of their race weekends, so any of them would be good. Lots of characters out for photos, and everyone gets a medal. I have not done a Disney 5K, but know some who have, and they had a good time, very family-oriented. No problem just walking it, if you like, they are not that strict on the times. One thing to note, all the 5K races (except EE) are early morning races, so you have to be out to race area around 6am. And of course, being at Disney makes them a little pricey. Most of local races by me are in the $25 range. Not sure what the price for a Disney 5K is, but the longer races are all over $100.

Regarding the Everest 5K, I think you would have to accompany him, being only 9. But then you do get several hours of line free EE. I bailed after seven straight rides, but my son kept going.

Have fun!
Old 03-04-2013, 06:12 PM   #733
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post
I don't know anything about the races but I know that Jaden would love burning off that extra energy he carries with him. He is such a love.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:37 PM   #734
D23Ry
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post

I have always wanted to go to Hershey Park. How is it???? anyone been?
D23Ry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:03 PM   #735
ahoff
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoasterAddict View Post
Disney runs are always fun. I'll probably never get to do Everest because of the time of year it happens. Heading down for the Wine and Dine in November and next year's Princess half.
Yes, May is not such a good time for me either. Glad I did it once. Disney is loading up the fall with races, aren't they? ToT in Oct (ok, end of September, almost) and W&D in Nov. You are not going in January, Kim? Looks like you are going for a Coast to Coast Medal!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: