Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-27-2013, 06:45 PM   #691
Disneyandphilliesfan
Mouseketeer
 
Disneyandphilliesfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 217

I find these single threads to lead to nothing but back and forth messages and they lead to notta.
Disneyandphilliesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:11 PM   #692
DefLepard
<3 Disney
 
DefLepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: South Florida
Posts: 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyandphilliesfan View Post
I find these single threads to lead to nothing but back and forth messages and they lead to notta.
Gaming quote = You Mad Bro ?

I have met some very nice people in person from this Dis Board

Oh and BTW this actual thread/single/ADULT/social club is meant to lead to "notta" with a few back and forth messages designed to be FUN
__________________
DefLepard is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-27-2013, 07:11 PM   #693
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo
 
DCTooTall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: York, PA
Posts: 5,957

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyandphilliesfan View Post
I find these single threads to lead to nothing but back and forth messages and they lead to notta.
It really depends on what you are looking to get out of this thread.

This thread was started as just a thread for people to chat freely about anything and everything that comes to mind. Since it was started about 3-4yrs ago (the first thread, we've hit the 250page max a few times), We've had some really strong friendships start between people who chat around here... we've had at least 4 official group meets (2 at Hershey park and 2 at WDW)... and several "unofficial" meets when people have traveled to the parks and had dates overlap..... And for those hoping to actually have a "love connection".... My Fiance and I met for the first time here and at one of our get-togethers at WDW.... And there is at least 1 other couple I know of in this thread who have started seeing each other since the thread started. (And that doesn't factor in the other people currently active here, or who used to be active here, who have found people locally..... At least one of which who was tempted to not even go on their first blind date with their new spouse until several of us here said to do it despite their doubts about it having a future).



So ultimately.... If you are just looking to find the perfect person within a singles thread.... probably not gonna happen. sorry. But if you come in with an open mind and participate, You are pretty much guarenteed to make some new friends..... and you may end up discovering in the process that one of your new friends could be the person you were looking for.

DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:34 PM   #694
goofyfigment
DIS Veteran
 
goofyfigment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,171

Ok hoping to know for sure tonite but im looking at using my mother's condo oct 19 to 26 so if there will be a meet let me know!
__________________
1984 First Visit Off Site 1987 Off Site 1996 All Star Sports 1997 Howard Johnson Enchantedland 1998 The Spas @ Resort World 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH 2007 Sheraton Vistana Villages and HRH 2008 Parkway International and RPR 2009 All Star Sports 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas 2011 Club Seville 2011 All Star Sports 2012 Sheraton Vistana Resort and Windsor Hills 2012 Westgate Leisure Resort and POP 2013 Westgate Vacation Villas 2013 Birthday trip Royal Pacific 2013 Portofino Bay 2013 POP 2013 All Star Movies 2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas 2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Boardwalk Villas2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Bay Lake Towers2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas2014 Saratoga Springs2014 Fantasy World Vacation Villas2014 Disney All Star Sports2014Royal Pacific Resort
goofyfigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:35 PM   #695
BelleGirl410
Earning My Ears
 
BelleGirl410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Delaware, Ohio
Posts: 12

Hi, I'm new here Found out yesterday I'm going on my first solo trip from March 9th to 16th, so very excited ^_^
BelleGirl410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:40 PM   #696
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo
 
DCTooTall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: York, PA
Posts: 5,957

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleGirl410 View Post
Hi, I'm new here Found out yesterday I'm going on my first solo trip from March 9th to 16th, so very excited ^_^
to the group! Pull up a chair and feel free to hop into the conversation. We always love having new people join in around here.


....Now where did that bartender get too again?
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:47 PM   #697
Disneyandphilliesfan
Mouseketeer
 
Disneyandphilliesfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 217

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
It really depends on what you are looking to get out of this thread.

This thread was started as just a thread for people to chat freely about anything and everything that comes to mind. Since it was started about 3-4yrs ago (the first thread, we've hit the 250page max a few times), We've had some really strong friendships start between people who chat around here... we've had at least 4 official group meets (2 at Hershey park and 2 at WDW)... and several "unofficial" meets when people have traveled to the parks and had dates overlap..... And for those hoping to actually have a "love connection".... My Fiance and I met for the first time here and at one of our get-togethers at WDW.... And there is at least 1 other couple I know of in this thread who have started seeing each other since the thread started. (And that doesn't factor in the other people currently active here, or who used to be active here, who have found people locally..... At least one of which who was tempted to not even go on their first blind date with their new spouse until several of us here said to do it despite their doubts about it having a future).



So ultimately.... If you are just looking to find the perfect person within a singles thread.... probably not gonna happen. sorry. But if you come in with an open mind and participate, You are pretty much guarenteed to make some new friends..... and you may end up discovering in the process that one of your new friends could be the person you were looking for.

With no disrespect I have had an open mind about things and pmed about 5 different ladies who at first all had potential but in the end it seemed they lead me on .I am happy for you that found love but I just want guys to know to be careful who they believe on here .Honestly I am fine have plenty of female attention just think it's wrong to mislead someone.For the record its the singles section as a whole not really your thread .Now pour some cold ones bartender.
Disneyandphilliesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:55 PM   #698
DefLepard
<3 Disney
 
DefLepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: South Florida
Posts: 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyandphilliesfan View Post
With no disrespect I have had an open mind about things and pmed about 5 different ladies who at first all had potential but in the end it seemed they lead me on .I am happy for you that found love but I just want guys to know to be careful who they believe on here .Honestly I am fine have plenty of female attention just think it's wrong to mislead someone.For the record its the singles section as a whole not really your thread .Now pour some cold ones bartender.
U Mad Bro ?

DCTooTall started this thread

I need a drink

Lines up shots for everyone
__________________
DefLepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:37 PM   #699
tabbytrekker
Mouseketeer
 
tabbytrekker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
It really depends on what you are looking to get out of this thread.

This thread was started as just a thread for people to chat freely about anything and everything that comes to mind. Since it was started about 3-4yrs ago (the first thread, we've hit the 250page max a few times), We've had some really strong friendships start between people who chat around here... we've had at least 4 official group meets (2 at Hershey park and 2 at WDW)... and several "unofficial" meets when people have traveled to the parks and had dates overlap..... And for those hoping to actually have a "love connection".... My Fiance and I met for the first time here and at one of our get-togethers at WDW.... And there is at least 1 other couple I know of in this thread who have started seeing each other since the thread started. (And that doesn't factor in the other people currently active here, or who used to be active here, who have found people locally..... At least one of which who was tempted to not even go on their first blind date with their new spouse until several of us here said to do it despite their doubts about it having a future).



So ultimately.... If you are just looking to find the perfect person within a singles thread.... probably not gonna happen. sorry. But if you come in with an open mind and participate, You are pretty much guarenteed to make some new friends..... and you may end up discovering in the process that one of your new friends could be the person you were looking for.

I am all for making new friends. Just have to learn to participate first.

I'm not against finding a "love connection" - a boyfriend/significant other/date - but really not exactly the right time to think about it. Buuuuut love to find more friends - especially ones who love Disney!
tabbytrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:37 PM   #700
Disneyandphilliesfan
Mouseketeer
 
Disneyandphilliesfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 217

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefLepard View Post
U Mad Bro ?

DCTooTall started this thread

I need a drink

Lines up shots for everyone
Nah not mad drink up dude.
Disneyandphilliesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:49 PM   #701
BelleGirl410
Earning My Ears
 
BelleGirl410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Delaware, Ohio
Posts: 12

Thank you for the welcome!

New friends are always good ^_^ Especially Disney fans :P
__________________


May 1995: DL (1 week) & WDW (1 day)
July 2007 - WDW (1 week, off-site) ~ April 2008 - DLP (1 day)
May 2011 - WDW (ASMo) ~ May 2012 (BLT)
Upcoming: March 9th - 16th 2013 WDW (CBR) ~ May 17th - 27th 2013 WDW (BLT)
BelleGirl410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:14 PM   #702
goofyfigment
DIS Veteran
 
goofyfigment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyandphilliesfan

With no disrespect I have had an open mind about things and pmed about 5 different ladies who at first all had potential but in the end it seemed they lead me on .I am happy for you that found love but I just want guys to know to be careful who they believe on here .Honestly I am fine have plenty of female attention just think it's wrong to mislead someone.For the record its the singles section as a whole not really your thread .Now pour some cold ones bartender.
Kinda hard to message you back when you box is full
__________________
1984 First Visit Off Site 1987 Off Site 1996 All Star Sports 1997 Howard Johnson Enchantedland 1998 The Spas @ Resort World 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH 2007 Sheraton Vistana Villages and HRH 2008 Parkway International and RPR 2009 All Star Sports 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas 2011 Club Seville 2011 All Star Sports 2012 Sheraton Vistana Resort and Windsor Hills 2012 Westgate Leisure Resort and POP 2013 Westgate Vacation Villas 2013 Birthday trip Royal Pacific 2013 Portofino Bay 2013 POP 2013 All Star Movies 2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas 2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Boardwalk Villas2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Bay Lake Towers2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas2014 Saratoga Springs2014 Fantasy World Vacation Villas2014 Disney All Star Sports2014Royal Pacific Resort
goofyfigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:16 AM   #703
amfie928
Mouseketeer
 
amfie928's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Brecksville, Ohio
Posts: 219

I'm all for new friends and drinks . On that note...wish I could plan to meet in late October but alas! (Channeling my inner pirate) am going to be at WDW 9/9 - 9/15 But if I win the lotto.....
amfie928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:52 AM   #704
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man
 
Brocktoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philly 'Burbs
Posts: 1,654

If we're taking requests for Oct meet timing, I've got a pretty broad window. Currently I'm looking at booking a week straddling one the following weekends ... 10/19-10/20, 10/26-10/27, 11/2-11/3

Another note ... I don't know how many of the local folks are able to take off a work day for a Friday or Monday, but a week day may be better for the F&W than a Saturday. F&W was fun last year, but it was PACKED on Saturday as the afternoon went on. But it's uderstandable that it may be easier getting everyone together on a Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by amfie928 View Post
I'm all for new friends and drinks . On that note...wish I could plan to meet in late October but alas! (Channeling my inner pirate) am going to be at WDW 9/9 - 9/15 But if I win the lotto.....
As long as there are no weather issues, I've heard most of September may be the last of the lower crowd times to visit. If it wasn't for the F&W fest, I'd probably be targeting for Sept ...
__________________

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:15 AM   #705
goofyfigment
DIS Veteran
 
goofyfigment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon
If we're taking requests for Oct meet timing, I've got a pretty broad window. Currently I'm looking at booking a week straddling one the following weekends ... 10/19-10/20, 10/26-10/27, 11/2-11/3

Another note ... I don't know how many of the local folks are able to take off a work day for a Friday or Monday, but a week day may be better for the F&W than a Saturday. F&W was fun last year, but it was PACKED on Saturday as the afternoon went on. But it's uderstandable that it may be easier getting everyone together on a Saturday

As long as there are no weather issues, I've heard most of September may be the last of the lower crowd times to visit. If it wasn't for the F&W fest, I'd probably be targeting for Sept ...
I am planning on being there from 10/19 to 10/27 going to finalize my accommodations tonite.
__________________
1984 First Visit Off Site 1987 Off Site 1996 All Star Sports 1997 Howard Johnson Enchantedland 1998 The Spas @ Resort World 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH 2007 Sheraton Vistana Villages and HRH 2008 Parkway International and RPR 2009 All Star Sports 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas 2011 Club Seville 2011 All Star Sports 2012 Sheraton Vistana Resort and Windsor Hills 2012 Westgate Leisure Resort and POP 2013 Westgate Vacation Villas 2013 Birthday trip Royal Pacific 2013 Portofino Bay 2013 POP 2013 All Star Movies 2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas 2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Boardwalk Villas2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Bay Lake Towers2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas2014 Saratoga Springs2014 Fantasy World Vacation Villas2014 Disney All Star Sports2014Royal Pacific Resort
goofyfigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: