Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 01:19 PM   #646
DIS_MERI
Mouseketeer

Hello SSC peeps

I have now added plane tickets and a car rental to our lodging reservations, and we have had all 7 disney tickets in hand for months, and DH has the time off work....so it looks like we should definitely be making our big combined family trip June 2-10 I did extend it one day, and need to get on booking our extra night...going to use my DVC points to get us a 2 bedroom at AKV Probably not going to tell the kids at all until we pull up there! DH and I didn't really have a honeymoon (1 night at a b&b a mile from our house), so this will pretty much be it (because everyone wants their 5 kids along on their honeymoon, right? ). We do have friends that are coming with us, so we will watch their 2 one night and they will watch ours one night so we can do kidless dates. And, our condo is big enough for adults to have their own bedrooms Wish I could make it for the SSC meet this year (even though I'm not single anymore), but DH probably won't have any vacation left by then
Old 02-19-2013, 01:41 PM   #647
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
Mr Too Tall, I expect to see you both in September. Not sure Tony will be traveling with me as we are working on our own nuptials. If you all could make it down for a moment it would be great. . .totally understand if that idea gets nixed. . .the rest of us will stand in for you. . .lol.
If I can't make it, I'll try and find you guys a flag or something to help you see the group in a crowd since I won't be there to tower over everyone in the crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
Since Brocktoon's parents are currently honorary members of the SSC, they can come and go as they please. . .plus, their company is actually welcome. . .lol.
I never said they weren't allowed to come... just that I'm not sure they would ever be able to see their son the same way again if things got any more "interesting".

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
Huh...for some reason I stopped getting notifications for new posts.

I'm going on my first solo trip/cruise in January 2014...can't wait!! Anybody else planning that far ahead for a solo trip?
Sadly, That's happened to me on occasional as well in the past. I really hate it when it happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLJR View Post
Thank you!

Male, recently turned the big 3-0, from Atlanta.

My Passions: I am very blessed to have an amazing career, being outside (love to fish, snorkel, hike), travel, sports

How I Found This Place: My younger sister works for Disney and convinced me to sign up for the Everest Challenge when I told her I was wanting to do a 5K. She told me to browse this site for info.

If anyone has any questions I am an open book.
to the group. Which part of Atlanta are you from? When I used to live in the area I was one of the true minority....a native.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIS_MERI View Post
Hello SSC peeps

I have now added plane tickets and a car rental to our lodging reservations, and we have had all 7 disney tickets in hand for months, and DH has the time off work....so it looks like we should definitely be making our big combined family trip June 2-10 I did extend it one day, and need to get on booking our extra night...going to use my DVC points to get us a 2 bedroom at AKV Probably not going to tell the kids at all until we pull up there! DH and I didn't really have a honeymoon (1 night at a b&b a mile from our house), so this will pretty much be it (because everyone wants their 5 kids along on their honeymoon, right? ). We do have friends that are coming with us, so we will watch their 2 one night and they will watch ours one night so we can do kidless dates. And, our condo is big enough for adults to have their own bedrooms Wish I could make it for the SSC meet this year (even though I'm not single anymore), but DH probably won't have any vacation left by then
I'm thinking you should plan on coming to the meet. Even if he doesn't have any vacation time leftover, It'd give you a quick trip to meet some friends, and you would now have a built in baby-sitter.

I understand the honeymoon issues. It's looking like i'm gonna end up in a somewhat similar boat. Plans are looking like we aren't going to get to take our honeymoon for about a month after the wedding. Of course, part of the reason for that delay is that the Family has agreed to look after the baby for a few days to allow us to enjoy WDW by ourselves, before they bring him down when they start their vacation and we get another couple weeks as part of the bigger family vacation.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 03:12 PM   #648
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
If I can't make it, I'll try and find you guys a flag or something to help you see the group in a crowd since I won't be there to tower over everyone in the crowd.

I suggest a Pirate flag..

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
MICKEY88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:02 PM   #649
tabbytrekker
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLJR
Thank you!

Male, recently turned the big 3-0, from Atlanta.

My Passions: I am very blessed to have an amazing career, being outside (love to fish, snorkel, hike), travel, sports

How I Found This Place: My younger sister works for Disney and convinced me to sign up for the Everest Challenge when I told her I was wanting to do a 5K. She told me to browse this site for info.

If anyone has any questions I am an open book.
Welcome! Sorry to hear about your relationship.
tabbytrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:08 PM   #650
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

I just want to throw out a date suggestion for the Mostly Not Singles Anymore Meet in October. Te 3rd weekend is the 18th&20th. Crowd calendar looks good and its the middle of the month. Just a tentative suggestion.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:22 PM   #651
ATLJR
Earning My Ears

DCTooTall,

I am safely nuzzled in the Suburbs of Gwinnett County. But I know exactly what you mean HAHA
ATLJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:48 PM   #652
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post
I suggest a Pirate flag..
Well, Seeing as how at least one of your Crew will likely be in attendance, I could see that working. You should make sure you make it at the very least though. You know... To Document the occasion.

BTW... Text me your mailing address.

Quote:
DCTooTall,

I am safely nuzzled in the Suburbs of Gwinnett County. But I know exactly what you mean HAHA
Know the area well. Spent a LOT of time in that area over the years.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:05 PM   #653
Offsides
I enjoy being a girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramoz View Post
Ok, me, I am interested again! Was so fun last year!
After all the comments it sounds like it would be a blast. I would be interested but it'd probably have to be towards the end of October. I'm not sure what my school schedule will be like then.

Quote:
Hi to all! Been lurking for a while.

Just joined the club after ending a 5 year relationship.
Welcome!
Old 02-19-2013, 10:10 PM   #654
MICKEY88
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Well, Seeing as how at least one of your Crew will likely be in attendance, I could see that working. You should make sure you make it at the very least though. You know... To Document the occasion.
it's the obvious choice, any other kind of flag and you might end up with hundreds of brazilians following..

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:16 PM   #655
taramoz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post
it's the obvious choice, any other kind of flag and you might end up with hundreds of brazilians following..
Agreed.

Are we tracking who is a yes/no/maybe?
Old 02-19-2013, 11:03 PM   #656
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Agreed.

I think we should pick a date and time first. . .That would help with the yes/no/maybe part that DC adds to the first part of the forum. . .I like the end of October to Beginning of November dates. . .or the end of September to beginning of October dates. . .those are my picks. . .
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:25 PM   #657
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

End of Oct might be good. We can still have F&W and maybe we can all meet up at MNSSHP as well
Old 02-19-2013, 11:51 PM   #658
MICKEY88
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Agreed.

put me down as a maybe

Old 02-20-2013, 05:57 AM   #659
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

The Pyrate needs to find his way out this year. . .I know its been a rough year but you need a vacation and a release.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:09 AM   #660
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Agreed.

You can put us down as a maybe. We have so much happening this year and not sure if we can make it, but are going to try. We did have a blast last year.

ctnurse is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: