Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 08:55 AM   #631
taramoz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
Okay, back to working on October SSC meet. Who would be interested? Gotta know.
Ok, me, I am interested again! Was so fun last year!
Old 02-15-2013, 10:26 AM   #632
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

I am supposed to be taking my Godchildren down sometime in October but I don't know the date yet. their trip is from Monday to Friday so I am coming down the weekend before to go to F&W. so if the trip works out to be at the same time, I'm in.

NJDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #633
tabbytrekker
Mouseketeer

Hello!

I'm just currently on lunch at work - and browsing through the disboards.

I've seen this tread before but never posted. So I just thought I'd say hi and that I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
tabbytrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:13 PM   #634
providince
Mouseketeer

Hey everyone. Contemplating a solo trip. You all have almost convinced me.
providince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:55 PM   #635
tabbytrekker
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by providince View Post
Granted I'm only planning my second solo trip - and my coworkers think I'm insane - but I can't wait! So I highly suggest trying it at least once!
Old 02-18-2013, 02:14 PM   #636
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
LOL, I am thinking anymore "special" or "fun" would have been sooooooo far over the top we might have all gotten kicked off the DIS. . .lol
I'm not sure though if Brock's Parent's would've ever been able to face him again though if things got any more...interesting...

Quote:
We just can't skip the Annual October SSC meet. I volunteer to organize. But just remember, I said organize. . .what happens after you all get to WDW is up to you. . .lol.
Quote:
Okay, back to working on October SSC meet. Who would be interested? Gotta know.
I'd be interested in stopping by and saying hey.... BUT... I know that I won't be able to make it down to WDW until the end of October/Early November this year. My Time and $$$ will also be severely limted compared to the past too since I'll be down there during our first real out-of-town trip since the wedding at the end of Sept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabbytrekker View Post
I'm just currently on lunch at work - and browsing through the disboards.

I've seen this tread before but never posted. So I just thought I'd say hi and that I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Quote:
Originally Posted by providince View Post
to the group guys! Feel free to join in the conversations around here. You'll have a blast!

DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:52 PM   #637
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
I'm not sure though if Brock's Parent's would've ever been able to face him again though if things got any more...interesting...

I'd be interested in stopping by and saying hey.... BUT... I know that I won't be able to make it down to WDW until the end of October/Early November this year. My Time and $$$ will also be severely limted compared to the past too since I'll be down there during our first real out-of-town trip since the wedding at the end of Sept.
Mr Too Tall, I expect to see you both in September. Not sure Tony will be traveling with me as we are working on our own nuptials. If you all could make it down for a moment it would be great. . .totally understand if that idea gets nixed. . .the rest of us will stand in for you. . .lol.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:54 PM   #638
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Since Brocktoon's parents are currently honorary members of the SSC, they can come and go as they please. . .plus, their company is actually welcome. . .lol.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:51 PM   #639
jillyb
DIS Veteran

Huh...for some reason I stopped getting notifications for new posts.

I'm going on my first solo trip/cruise in January 2014...can't wait!! Anybody else planning that far ahead for a solo trip?

June 2008 @ Pop Century
Thanksgiving 2010 @ Pop Century

Will We Stay or Will We Go - Thanksgiving Pre Trip/Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2413919

It's Going to be a Capitol Vacation! Washington, D.C. August 13-18, 2009 Pre-Trip/Trip Report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post32476006
jillyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:05 PM   #640
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

Quote:

Quote:
Since Brocktoon's parents are currently honorary members of the SSC, they can come and go as they please. . .plus, their company is actually welcome. . .lol.
INSPIRATIONAL SPEECH ...

I've learned that a man's worth is not determined by literally becoming fall-down drunk (in front of my parents and newly met DISers) ... but by his ability to wake up the next morning and fight through a hangover of the Gods, to go on drinking around the F&W fest, and then the Boardwalk, and then Jellyrolls late into the night ....

... STANDING OVATION !!

Seriously though, anybody who wonders what adult stuff there is to do around WDW has never partied with the SSC folks. From CT/Erik's crazy soiree, through F&W and Jellyrolls the following night ... what a crazy blur

If I make it to the next SSC, somebody better be appointed as my appropriate responsible adult to spot for me. As has been seen, too much alcohol + Brocktoon is sort of like feeding a Mogwai after midnight

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:30 PM   #641
taramoz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post
INSPIRATIONAL SPEECH ...

I've learned that a man's worth is not determined by literally becoming fall-down drunk (in front of my parents and newly met DISers) ... but by his ability to wake up the next morning and fight through a hangover of the Gods, to go on drinking around the F&W fest, and then the Boardwalk, and then Jellyrolls late into the night ....

... STANDING OVATION !!

Seriously though, anybody who wonders what adult stuff there is to do around WDW has never partied with the SSC folks. From CT/Erik's crazy soiree, through F&W and Jellyrolls the following night ... what a crazy blur

If I make it to the next SSC, somebody better be appointed as my appropriate responsible adult to spot for me. As has been seen, too much alcohol + Brocktoon is sort of like feeding a Mogwai after midnight
Let's not forget you falling asleep in the hallway ! Classic, good memories!
Old 02-18-2013, 10:17 PM   #642
tabbytrekker
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
Huh...for some reason I stopped getting notifications for new posts.

I'm going on my first solo trip/cruise in January 2014...can't wait!! Anybody else planning that far ahead for a solo trip?
December 2013 solo for me! Cruise (first one ever) then Disney World. I feel insane for planning this far out. Well, also because my original plans actually got booked last October, but just changed them somewhat recently.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:43 AM   #643
ATLJR
Earning My Ears

Hi to all! Been lurking for a while.

Just joined the club after ending a 5 year relationship.
ATLJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:09 AM   #644
Disneyandphilliesfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLJR View Post
Hi to all! Been lurking for a while.

Just joined the club after ending a 5 year relationship.
Welcome to the party.Male or Female tell us more about you.
Disneyandphilliesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:29 AM   #645
ATLJR
Earning My Ears

Thank you!

Male, recently turned the big 3-0, from Atlanta.

My Passions: I am very blessed to have an amazing career, being outside (love to fish, snorkel, hike), travel, sports

How I Found This Place: My younger sister works for Disney and convinced me to sign up for the Everest Challenge when I told her I was wanting to do a 5K. She told me to browse this site for info.

If anyone has any questions I am an open book.
ATLJR is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: