Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #496
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramoz View Post
Not to make everyone jealous, but it has been just beautiful in Houston, sunny and 70's, we have been very lucky here!! You can all make me jealous this summer, promise!
Brat !!!

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
MICKEY88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:08 PM   #497
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post
Brat !!!
Seriously! You let a member of your crew act like that? tsk tsk tsk...
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 06:10 PM   #498
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

Is someone gonna have to walk the plank?
Old 02-04-2013, 06:38 PM   #499
Disneyandphilliesfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramoz View Post
Not to make everyone jealous, but it has been just beautiful in Houston, sunny and 70's, we have been very lucky here!! You can all make me jealous this summer, promise!
Have any room for a vistor ?
Disneyandphilliesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:26 PM   #500
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offsides View Post
What kind of guitars do you have?
Currently have an Alvarez solid top acoustic, Fender American Telecaster, and an old Ibanez SR bass. Recently sold my Ibanez 7-string Universe, and eventually I'll replace it for something I'm more comfortable with.

I don't really get much time to play anymore, but it's still good stress relief to zone out and play every now and again.

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:28 PM   #501
DefLepard
<3 Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post
I don't really get much time to play anymore, but it's still good stress relief to zone out and play every now and again.
"ahmen" to that, when you haven't played in awhile and need to hit the right chords playing along with the radio... it is like ear/soul magic

Kinda like the visual feeling of walking down main-street and seeing the Castle, which might induce magical tears ....
Old 02-05-2013, 02:40 AM   #502
MICKEY88
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Seriously! You let a member of your crew act like that? tsk tsk tsk...
sigh......... look at those eyes, and that smile... they make the Captain weak..

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:42 AM   #503
MICKEY88
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfanjosh3252 View Post
Is someone gonna have to walk the plank?
Never, she be one of The Captain's favorites..

a gentle flogging will modify her behaviour

Old 02-05-2013, 04:29 AM   #504
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone, sorry I have been a bit away from this thread. Wedding planning has its drawbacks as I actually "have" to plan. Honestly, the hoops you have to jump through. I feel as though I am back at my high-stress executive assistant job. . .lol.

Anyway, wanted to welcome all the new faces around here. Feel free to start topics or random rants. . .that always gets the thread moving. You would be surprised at how many pages can be used up based on one simple comment or rant. This thread is about fun, so have fun.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:00 AM   #505
DMass
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post
Currently have an Alvarez solid top acoustic, Fender American Telecaster, and an old Ibanez SR bass. Recently sold my Ibanez 7-string Universe, and eventually I'll replace it for something I'm more comfortable with.

Right now I have a Gibson LP studio, "El Rojo"(aka "Freddy Fender") the Mexican Strat, an Epiphone acoustic and an Epi violin bass which needs to be fixed. They've been in a closet waiting to be played again, but other than the LP(and maybe the bass) I think I'm going to trade them in.
I started playing guitar again a couple years ago after almost a decade off. Took a while to build those calluses up.

Also just bought a Yamaha MOX8 keyboard that is awesome.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:28 AM   #506
Disneyandphilliesfan
Mouseketeer

One thing I learned from the ladies I met on this thread is that alot of them want to move to Orlando but they can't afford to do it alone. So how many people here want to move there and maybe get a 3 bedroom apartment and be roomies? I think its a great idea spend a year living together and then you will know if you really want to live there.
Disneyandphilliesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:52 AM   #507
DIS_MERI
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
Hey everyone, sorry I have been a bit away from this thread. Wedding planning has its drawbacks as I actually "have" to plan. Honestly, the hoops you have to jump through. I feel as though I am back at my high-stress executive assistant job. . .lol.

Anyway, wanted to welcome all the new faces around here. Feel free to start topics or random rants. . .that always gets the thread moving. You would be surprised at how many pages can be used up based on one simple comment or rant. This thread is about fun, so have fun.
DH and I decided a couple of days before the wedding that it would totally be worth it to pay DD16 $10K to elope when her time comes (and our wedding "only" cost $5K....coulda gone to Disney instead....even with a family of 7!). On his way back to the church from his 3rd trip home (fortunately less than a 10 min drive) he called and said "I think it would be worth at least $15K" lol
Old 02-05-2013, 10:15 AM   #508
tinker_princess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
I remember noting a year or two ago in one of this thread's predecessors that it seemed like if you joined the thread you had to either be a nurse or a teacher due to the high numbers of both that we had in here.

It just goes to show, the more things change around here, the more they stay the same.
Well you just got another nurse joining.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:29 AM   #509
DMass
DIS Veteran

Oh, another nurse.

(rolls up sleeve) I've got these red spots on my....
Old 02-05-2013, 12:30 PM   #510
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

I'm deciding where to stay for my bday trip in April. I know I'm eating at Flying Fish for my bday dinner. Unless Be Our Guest opens up or I change to something else I've already tried.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: