Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2013, 11:13 AM   #2056
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDiva View Post
Ok, I did it!! I made my seminar reservations! I called at 8(ish) and I was on hold for 27 minutes, which I knew was gonna happen and I stayed on line and made 5 reservations
Next Tueday may be dangerous....
This morning was a nightmare with the F&W bookings going live for all. I've booked events for the past 7 years, and I've never delt with such a screwed up IT system as what was encountered today. Even the CMs on the phone said the updated system is a mess. It's going to be a meltdown when Fast Pass+, magic bands, and DME website are linked/launched for all visitors.

At least I was able to get the 2 events I wanted. For Friday 10/25 I got the Distillery Mixology seminar at 6 PM, and then I get to head over to the 3D Dessert party right afterwards for Sweet Seats to indulge in more feasting and drinking that night.

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:33 PM   #2057
Hedobaby
Earning My Ears

Location: I live in Devon England But I am a Floridian who grew up addicted Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Of course you could join in. We are still working out the details, but it's scheduled for th weekend you arrive.

If you want to officially be added to the list, all you have to do it ask and I'll get your name added. I usually try and keep the first post of this thread updated with all details once they become available. Usually a week or 2 before the meet the organizer will send out a PM on the board to everyone with more details and contact information to help everyone find each other once there. (Funny thing...Walt Disney World is a big place and our groups surprisingly isn't the only ones who decide to visit. Imagine that! )
Giggles!

Yes sounds like a lot of fun! I am Sarah! Nice to meet you! I am coming with my friend Sue and we are each bringing our kids.. but her daughter is 16 and old enough to look after my son who is 6, so we can have a bit of grown up time to enjoy the booze!
Hedobaby is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2013, 01:33 PM   #2058
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyann29 View Post
I thought the day couldn't get worse.. But it turned out to be a crapper. Headed to the gym to work it off an start fresh tomorrow..
One thing I learned years ago... NEVER say "it can't get any worse". Someone has a really mean sense of humor and somehow ALWAYS finds a way to make it worse when I say that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie10 View Post
I am known as the baby whisperer....Need a sitter???? I'm licensed!
The Fiance' was a Nanny prior to my stealing her away....

....BUT.... Don't tempt us with babysitting offers. You never know when we might end deciding to take you up on the offers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedobaby View Post
Giggles!

Yes sounds like a lot of fun! I am Sarah! Nice to meet you! I am coming with my friend Sue and we are each bringing our kids.. but her daughter is 16 and old enough to look after my son who is 6, so we can have a bit of grown up time to enjoy the booze!
I'll get you added to the list.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:57 PM   #2059
jewels1916
Why do all my dreams extend just around the riverbend?

Hi everyone! I'm not so much new to the boards but I haven't posted in a while (and never on this thread) but it seems like y'all are all having fun so I wanted to jump in and say hi!

Courtney
'89 - off site (age 4) - DMom DDad Me '94 - off site (age 9) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DGrandparents '99 - All-Star Movies (age 14) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DSister '02 - All-Star Sports (age 16) - Contest of Champions - Dance Team '06 - Wilderness Lodge (age 21) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DSister '08 - Contemporary (age 23) - Finished Grad School - DMom DDad Me Dec. '09 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (age 24) - MVMCP - BFF Kelly Me May/June 2010 - POFQ/Pop (age 25) - BFF Kelly and Disboards BFF PiperMae Oct. '12 - Land and Sea Boardwalk/DCL Dream (age 27) - MNSSHP - BFF Joey and Fam Feb. '13 - Polynesian (age 27) - Sister's 21st bday - DMom, DDad, DSis Aug. 2014 - POR (age 29) - Villains Unleashed - First Solo!

jewels1916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:00 PM   #2060
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels1916 View Post
Hi everyone! I'm not so much new to the boards but I haven't posted in a while (and never on this thread) but it seems like y'all are all having fun so I wanted to jump in and say hi!

Courtney
to the group! Feel free to pull up a chair, order up a drink, and join in the fun! We always love it when new people join us.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:16 PM   #2061
Hedobaby
Earning My Ears

Location: I live in Devon England But I am a Floridian who grew up addicted Disney

Quote:

I'll get you added to the list.
Thanks, our dates are oct 25th until November 4th
Old 08-13-2013, 06:57 PM   #2062
jewels1916

So where's the bartender? ;-)
'89 - off site (age 4) - DMom DDad Me '94 - off site (age 9) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DGrandparents '99 - All-Star Movies (age 14) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DSister '02 - All-Star Sports (age 16) - Contest of Champions - Dance Team '06 - Wilderness Lodge (age 21) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DSister '08 - Contemporary (age 23) - Finished Grad School - DMom DDad Me Dec. '09 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (age 24) - MVMCP - BFF Kelly Me May/June 2010 - POFQ/Pop (age 25) - BFF Kelly and Disboards BFF PiperMae Oct. '12 - Land and Sea Boardwalk/DCL Dream (age 27) - MNSSHP - BFF Joey and Fam Feb. '13 - Polynesian (age 27) - Sister's 21st bday - DMom, DDad, DSis Aug. 2014 - POR (age 29) - Villains Unleashed - First Solo!

Old 08-13-2013, 07:40 PM   #2063
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels1916 View Post
So where's the bartender? ;-)
Good question... Anybody know his current status?

Either way... The bar is open even if the bartender isn't around. We also have a few people around here who enjoy mixing up drinks for our new members.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:32 PM   #2064
bettyann29
Heres my contribution for today...
It looks like everyone is trying to divert their eyes elsewhere
I cant eat the ones that are not folded or creased.. Does that make me crazy??

Location: Dallas/ Ft Worth Texas-- Dreaming of one day being closer to the House of the Mouse..

After the last 2 days, I could use a double!
bettyann29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:38 PM   #2065
Donald_Quackers
Quacktastic!

I could use a stiff drink, but can't -- liver issues right now and I don't need any problems before my next trip down to visit the Fantasy.

Anyone here going to be down in WDW for Christmas, 12/22-12/28?

Apr '12 -- Disney Fantasy 7 Nights
Dec '10 -- Disney Magic 7 Nights/4 nights @ POFQ
Dec '08 -- Disney Wonder 4 Nights/2 nights @ Pop Cent. / Dec '07 -- Coronado Springs
Dec '04, '05 / Oct '03 -- Off Site/Vacation Home
Sleep Apnea diagnosed June 2012
Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!
Donald_Quackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:01 AM   #2066
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Good question... Anybody know his current status?

Either way... The bar is open even if the bartender isn't around. We also have a few people around here who enjoy mixing up drinks for our new members.

the bartender recently moved..again.. he just started a new job monday and worked 2 9 hour days in a row, he's hurting but will survive. he is living in the middle of no where and they want a fortune to start internet service so it might be a little while 'till we see him again

in the mean time, welcome to all the new people

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
MICKEY88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:20 AM   #2067
bettyann29
Heres my contribution for today...
It looks like everyone is trying to divert their eyes elsewhere
I cant eat the ones that are not folded or creased.. Does that make me crazy??

Location: Dallas/ Ft Worth Texas-- Dreaming of one day being closer to the House of the Mouse..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald_Quackers View Post
I could use a stiff drink, but can't -- liver issues right now and I don't need any problems before my next trip down to visit the Fantasy.

Not me, but that would be an awesome time to go!! I went during December once and loved it!
bettyann29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:23 AM   #2068
Hedobaby
Earning My Ears

I am dreaming about having a drink during F & W and just chilling for eat to the beat! Some really great acts on when we are there!
Old 08-14-2013, 10:07 AM   #2069
jewels1916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald_Quackers View Post

My next trip looks like it's going to be December of 2014 (so far away!!!) but I love Disney at Christmastime - it's extra magical!!

Old 08-14-2013, 01:05 PM   #2070
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post
the bartender recently moved..again.. he just started a new job monday and worked 2 9 hour days in a row, he's hurting but will survive. he is living in the middle of no where and they want a fortune to start internet service so it might be a little while 'till we see him again

in the mean time, welcome to all the new people
ouch...

At least he's still surviving.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: