Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2013, 11:36 PM   #2011
pookie10
Looking for my Prince....again :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramoz View Post
I can say it is accurate, I saw him last year! Not even a new baby slowed him down ! Sad I am missing y'all this year if a meet happens, but we need to talk about a meet in the new year as well for those that cannot make Oct...
Yes, Lets!! I want to come!
pookie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:24 PM   #2012
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLalovesWDW View Post
Evening folks!! Just got off a plane this morning from FL attending 2 family funerals. Will be back down on the 16th to attend a wedding and a job interview (haaaaaaaaaay!!) I Went back to page 1 for the F&W meet up and before I book my flight and stuff, wanted to know who is going and if anything is planned?? I see everyone is a maybe lol. Lemme know looking to be there Oct 24-27. Thanks
I'm not sure anyone has confirmed they will actually be at the meet yet... Other than probably Jagfanjosh who is our official organizer this year.

I know Rachel and I won't be able to make the official meet over the weekend because I'll be taking her parents to Universal (to avoid the F&W weekend crowd).... But we'll be in the area from the 24th-11/6 if anyone wants to get together outside of the official meet.

Quote:
I can say it is accurate, I saw him last year! Not even a new baby slowed him down ! Sad I am missing y'all this year if a meet happens, but we need to talk about a meet in the new year as well for those that cannot make Oct...
Is that an offer to plan it?

DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2013, 05:46 PM   #2013
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

Ok
The PA Ren FAirre starts this weekend
the first 2 weekends they have buy one get one free special on tickets with special code when you order online

Please note: Faire coupons will be available at the coupon partners below starting July 23, 2013. See below for participating locations.
wawa hess, turkeyhill and burger king

the past 2 years there has been talk of either a meet at the fairre or of individuals going I once again will be getting a season pass and attending most weekends. so if anyone is interested in a meet, or just meeting up with me... let me know

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
MICKEY88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:10 PM   #2014
DefLepard
<3 Disney

October is an awesome time for F&W Fest, it's slow and you can enjoy the kiosks at a pleasurably pace.

Enjoy the planned Dis meets or the mini Dis meets

Best wishes for all in the upcoming month's ... meets or just a good time

Nom Nom

Last edited by DefLepard; 08-02-2013 at 06:17 AM.
DefLepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:13 AM   #2015
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well ya know. . .Middle of March is looking good for a meet. . .lol. Lots of friends from past versions of the Singles thread will be there. . .plus some from this version. Just sayin.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:51 AM   #2016
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLalovesWDW View Post
Evening folks!! Just got off a plane this morning from FL attending 2 family funerals. Will be back down on the 16th to attend a wedding and a job interview (haaaaaaaaaay!!) I Went back to page 1 for the F&W meet up and before I book my flight and stuff, wanted to know who is going and if anything is planned?? I see everyone is a maybe lol. Lemme know looking to be there Oct 24-27. Thanks
I'll be down 10/23 - 10/31. I've got a few dinners planned with my parents and my schedule is starting to fill up with F&W events as the info is released, but I should be around for whatever may be going on during that timeframe.

If anyone is interested in doing any F&W Events or tours, here's what I've got booked or plan to attend:

- F&W Mixology Seminar 10/25 6 PM
- F&W 3D Dessert Discovery W/ Sweet Seat Upgrade 10/25 8 PM
- Wild Africa Trek 10/26 12:30 tour slot

Most likely I'll add some of the daily culinary/wine demos depending on what the presenter schedule looks like when it's released. Last year I really enjoyed the Niege Apple Wine and Yachtsman Steakhouse demos. And the highlight last year was attending the Lasseter Winery seminar for ~$14 and getting to meet John Lasseter.

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:15 AM   #2017
Donald_Quackers
Quacktastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post
Ok
the first 2 weekends they have buy one get one free special on tickets with special code when you order online

Please note: Faire coupons will be available at the coupon partners below starting July 23, 2013. See below for participating locations.

the past 2 years there has been talk of either a meet at the fairre or of individuals going I once again will be getting a season pass and attending most weekends. so if anyone is interested in a meet, or just meeting up with me... let me know
On a similar note, the Bristol Renaissance Faire in Kenosha, WI is still going on weekends through Labor Day (including Labor Day Monday). I won't be there this weekend but intend to be there the next Saturday, 8/10, for those interested.

Apr '12 -- Disney Fantasy 7 Nights
Dec '10 -- Disney Magic 7 Nights/4 nights @ POFQ
Dec '08 -- Disney Wonder 4 Nights/2 nights @ Pop Cent. / Dec '07 -- Coronado Springs
Dec '04, '05 / Oct '03 -- Off Site/Vacation Home
Sleep Apnea diagnosed June 2012
Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!
Donald_Quackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:35 AM   #2018
1Grumpy9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post
Ok

Depending on how my foot is doing by the next to last weekend in August (Aug. 23-25), I might try to go to the Ren Faire on the 24th. That is the same weekend as my family reunion. I will let you know closer to the time. There is no way I can walk the Faire grounds with a boot on.

We Can't Be Stuck on the Stairs Again TR

1Grumpy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:47 AM   #2019
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post
For the folks heading down during the F&W Fest, it looks like the kiosk menus have been posted. I'm especially happy that they are stepping up on the beer front, and look to have some really good choices this year. Really looking forward to enjoying the Dogfish Head Namaste, Cigar City White, Rogue Choc Stout, and Innis/Gunn while strolling Epcot.

Also planning on doing the 3D Dessert party w/ the Sweet Seats option on 10/25.
ok, I have 5 minutes to drop a quick note...this has been a crazy week for me, 3 nights in a row I've been awaken for some major issue going on either at work or at home so I have had zero sleep this week...however, I did receive my TIW list of events for F&W and the menus for the kiosks....yeah...I'm gonna be fat and happy by the end of the week but poor. I saw a lot of the events I want to go to like the kitchen memories and party for the senses...OMG so can't wait!!

Last edited by NJDiva; 08-02-2013 at 12:09 PM.
NJDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:46 PM   #2020
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDiva View Post
ok, I have 5 minutes to drop a quick note...this has been a crazy week for me, 3 nights in a row I've been awaken for some major issue going on either at work or at home so I have had zero sleep this week...however, I did receive my TIW list of events for F&W and the menus for the kiosks....yeah...I'm gonna be fat and happy by the end of the week but poor. I saw a lot of the events I want to go to like the kitchen memories and party for the senses...OMG so can't wait!!
I'm already down close to 10 lbs in preparation for this year's F&W. Even with all the walking in the parks, I still gained 8 lbs last year.

I know some folks that attended Emily Ellyn's Kitchen Memories last year, and loved it. I've done the Discovery of Cholcoate event, and thought it was well worth it. I also had tickets to the Swan/Dolphin Classic last year, but accidentally embalmed myself at CT/BigE's shindig and somehow missed that event

Really curious to see the daily food/wine deminar schedule, but I heard that info may not be released until just before F&W reservations open.

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #2021
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post
I'm already down close to 10 lbs in preparation for this year's F&W. Even with all the walking in the parks, I still gained 8 lbs last year.

I know some folks that attended Emily Ellyn's Kitchen Memories last year, and loved it. I've done the Discovery of Cholcoate event, and thought it was well worth it. I also had tickets to the Swan/Dolphin Classic last year, but accidentally embalmed myself at CT/BigE's shindig and somehow missed that event

Really curious to see the daily food/wine deminar schedule, but I heard that info may not be released until just before F&W reservations open.
well I may not end up going to some of the high end events over the weekend since I will be with someone who really can't afford to spend that kind of cash...but I do intend on going to a few of the daily mixology and culinary demonstrations. I went to one of each last year and decided I needed to continue the trend....

NJDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:08 PM   #2022
amfie928
Mouseketeer

Wish I could attend ...last year was my first f&w but it was a hectic trip and only spent one day at Epcot. This year is an early September trip.
amfie928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 03:08 AM   #2023
pookie10
Looking for my Prince....again :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
Well ya know. . .Middle of March is looking good for a meet. . .lol. Lots of friends from past versions of the Singles thread will be there. . .plus some from this version. Just sayin.
I was planning on a mid march trip with the kiddos, I would totally come!!!
pookie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:33 PM   #2024
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Maybe it would keep people off the old thread if we posted here at least every day. Someone should take charge. I am 6 months away from my wedding and DC is less than 2 months. I think we are both having issues with keeping this thread active. DC? Any comments on this?
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #2025
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
Maybe it would keep people off the old thread if we posted here at least every day. Someone should take charge. I am 6 months away from my wedding and DC is less than 2 months. I think we are both having issues with keeping this thread active. DC? Any comments on this?
Eh..... I'm just surprised they didn't lock some of the old threads yet.

Either way, the SSC has always gone thru slow periods, be it a weekend or even a slow week or two. That's nothing new at all. I'm not too concerned about this thread dieing out....Although I'll freely admit i've been slacking on my advertising of this thread in the Singles Profiles thread. anybody want to welcome the new people and invite them over here?
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: