Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2013, 01:06 AM   #1951
TheOptiMystic
Earning My Ears

Hey,

Just saw the last few posts about HHN and "Cabin In The Woods" and thought I'd throw my .02 in.

Went to HHN last year, which was actually my first trip to Orlando ever where I did not go to Disney. I made it an exclusive Universal trip, which was certainly a change. I have to say I was really disappointed with HHN. It was sold out on the night I went (a Thursday), and there were just too many people. I was there from the event opening until closing time, which was seven or so hours, I think. In that entire time period, I think I only got into four houses total. I could not believe the wait times for some of them, which were up to two hours or so at some points. And when you finally got in, you were rushed through so quickly there was no time to really see anything, let alone get scared.

I hadn't been to HHN for several years before that, and I don't remember it being anywhere nearly that hectic or unenjoyable. Kudos to Universal-it's a wildly successful event, and the rest of my vacation there was stellar, but there were just too many people for it to be any fun.

And as far as CITW, I concur that it was a phenomenal movie. I knew just by being a Joss Whedon film, it was going to be good, but I had no idea what to expect. The trailers didn't give anything away, and it wound up being the best horror/comedy mix I've ever seen. You'd literally be jumping out of your seat and trying to catch your breath from laughter a minute later. It was definitely a love letter of sorts to the horror genre, while at the same time tearing it apart and poking fun at it. I recommend it to everyone I know who hasn't seen it.
TheOptiMystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:19 AM   #1952
pookie10
Looking for my Prince....again :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOptiMystic View Post
Hey,

Just saw the last few posts about HHN and "Cabin In The Woods" and thought I'd throw my .02 in.

Went to HHN last year, which was actually my first trip to Orlando ever where I did not go to Disney. I made it an exclusive Universal trip, which was certainly a change. I have to say I was really disappointed with HHN. It was sold out on the night I went (a Thursday), and there were just too many people. I was there from the event opening until closing time, which was seven or so hours, I think. In that entire time period, I think I only got into four houses total. I could not believe the wait times for some of them, which were up to two hours or so at some points. And when you finally got in, you were rushed through so quickly there was no time to really see anything, let alone get scared.

I hadn't been to HHN for several years before that, and I don't remember it being anywhere nearly that hectic or unenjoyable. Kudos to Universal-it's a wildly successful event, and the rest of my vacation there was stellar, but there were just too many people for it to be any fun.

And as far as CITW, I concur that it was a phenomenal movie. I knew just by being a Joss Whedon film, it was going to be good, but I had no idea what to expect. The trailers didn't give anything away, and it wound up being the best horror/comedy mix I've ever seen. You'd literally be jumping out of your seat and trying to catch your breath from laughter a minute later. It was definitely a love letter of sorts to the horror genre, while at the same time tearing it apart and poking fun at it. I recommend it to everyone I know who hasn't seen it.
To our fun filled group!! I agree with your take on Cabin in the woods, my son and i sat to watch it, and we were like huh???? LOL...I liked the fantasy/horror aspect...it was good. I love how the trailers made it just seem like another slasher film.
pookie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2013, 10:20 AM   #1953
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie10 View Post
Wow yeah you did lol !!! I'm booking my next trip to prisony land!! You sold me!!! Do they have time shares I wonder? Lol
I believe they have Lifetime shares, if you gain entrance the right way

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
MICKEY88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:36 AM   #1954
pookie10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post
LOL Excellent!!! And food service! Man...sounds amazing!!! I wonder what kinda people I am going to meet there
Old 07-23-2013, 11:25 AM   #1955
jillyb
DIS Veteran

TheOptiMystic...love the name!

June 2008 @ Pop Century
Thanksgiving 2010 @ Pop Century

Will We Stay or Will We Go - Thanksgiving Pre Trip/Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2413919

It's Going to be a Capitol Vacation! Washington, D.C. August 13-18, 2009 Pre-Trip/Trip Report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post32476006
jillyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:47 AM   #1956
TheOptiMystic
Earning My Ears

Awww, Thanks!
Old 07-23-2013, 12:14 PM   #1957
pookie10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
TheOptiMystic...love the name!
Omg , I just got it when you said that! LOL
Old 07-23-2013, 02:54 PM   #1958
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Hey,

I really gotta get around to watching CITW now.

As for HHN... Last year was super busy compared to prior years. The Walking Dead house brought in a lot of people to the event who weren't really HHN people to begin with. That crowd, combined with the growth the event has been getting annually anyways, and the result was no more "slow" nights like there were years ago.

It also means, if you want to enjoy the event, and only have a single night to do so, Express passes are not really an optional addition, but a requirement. If you know what to expect and get the express, it's still a blast.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #1959
pookie10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
I really gotta get around to watching CITW now.

As for HHN... Last year was super busy compared to prior years. The Walking Dead house brought in a lot of people to the event who weren't really HHN people to begin with. That crowd, combined with the growth the event has been getting annually anyways, and the result was no more "slow" nights like there were years ago.

It also means, if you want to enjoy the event, and only have a single night to do so, Express passes are not really an optional addition, but a requirement. If you know what to expect and get the express, it's still a blast.
Ok, sounds fun... who wants to pay for me to go to universal for HHN??? LOL I LOVE THE WALKING DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2013, 03:29 PM   #1960
TheOptiMystic
Earning My Ears

Yeah, I would've definitely gotten the ExpressPass had I known. As I said, it had been several years since I last went to HHN, and plus it was a weeknight. I was totally taken by surprise, and it was truly money wasted. I would encourage everyone to take your advice and definitely get ExpressPass for this event. I was kicking myself all night.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:17 PM   #1961
jillyb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOptiMystic
Awww, Thanks!
Ohhhh...and handsome too!

June 2008 @ Pop Century

Will We Stay or Will We Go - Thanksgiving Pre Trip/Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2413919

It's Going to be a Capitol Vacation! Washington, D.C. August 13-18, 2009 Pre-Trip/Trip Report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post32476006
Old 07-24-2013, 12:24 AM   #1962
TheOptiMystic
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Ohhhh...and handsome too!
Oh stop! I just picked a few halfway decent pictures. But thanks anyway! That was very sweet.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:33 AM   #1963
jillyb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh stop! I just picked a few halfway decent pictures. But thanks anyway! That was very sweet.
Well you know we Southern girls are very sweet lol

BTW: I know what a Rennie is!

June 2008 @ Pop Century

Last edited by jillyb; 07-24-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #1964
TheOptiMystic
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Well you know we Southern girls are very sweet lol

BTW: I know what a Rennie is!
Ha! Nice!

And yes, the Southern girls are sweet, indeed!
Old 07-24-2013, 12:33 PM   #1965
Bluefox
Earning My Ears

OMG you guys are killing me!!

Prisonyland...truly the crappiest place on earth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post
Quote:
LOL Excellent!!! And food service! Man...sounds amazing!!! I wonder what kinda people I am going to meet there
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephyDee View Post
Hey, at least in Prisonyland, EVERYONE can be a CM! Think about it; food prep, janitorial services, mousekeeping (probably with real mice lol), and even character performers! They're the ones providing the entertainment in Prisonyland, like prison fights and escape attempts!

Love those Mickey soaps and toiletries? You'll have plenty in Prisonyland! Just don't drop 'em!

Want thrilling experiences and rides that you won't soon forget? Well then don't miss out on SEWING! LICENSE PLATE SIMULATOR! Oh, and don't forget ROCK BREAKAGE: THE RIDE! 1,200 lbs of stone just begging for your trusty pickaxe and sledgehammer! Can you break them all before the warden takes you away? Come on down and find out!

Lastly, every night they end their magical day by showing a beautiful blinding display of lights and sounds, like searchlights and sirens for those trying to escape! Makes everybody that witnesses it cry from sheer joy (or terror if you wanna be a realist )

Don't even get me started on one of their most prestigious hotels *coughcellblockscough*on property, THE CONTEMPTORARY!

.....man, I had way too much fun with that.
Quote:
Wow yeah you did lol !!! I'm booking my next trip to prisony land!! You sold me!!! Do they have time shares I wonder? Lol

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: