Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2013, 09:54 AM   #1936
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

Don't know if I can make HHN this year, but it looks amazing for 2013. They announced an Evil dead house ... Evil Dead II and Army of Darkness are some of all time favorite movies. Watching the remake tonight which HHN is probably based upon.

And 'Cabin in the Woods' !? One of the slickest horror-comedies I've seen in years. That movie has a ton potential for a HHN house ... as long as you include Mer-man

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:06 AM   #1937
jennyf2
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up

Just moved to FL last month (10 min from Disney)! I'll be watching for upcoming meet ups

Now living 10 minutes from DISNEY
jennyf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2013, 01:36 PM   #1938
pookie10
Looking for my Prince....again :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post
Don't know if I can make HHN this year, but it looks amazing for 2013. They announced an Evil dead house ... Evil Dead II and Army of Darkness are some of all time favorite movies. Watching the remake tonight which HHN is probably based upon.

And 'Cabin in the Woods' !? One of the slickest horror-comedies I've seen in years. That movie has a ton potential for a HHN house ... as long as you include Mer-man
That was the weirdest most random movie. I didn't see it coming .. It was interesting
Old 07-20-2013, 02:00 PM   #1939
Brocktoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie10 View Post
That was the weirdest most random movie. I didn't see it coming .. It was interesting
I'm a huge Joss Whedon fan, with Buffy being one of my fav TV series. Since Joss and much of Team Buffy were behind 'Cabin in the Woods', I pretty much knew the viewer was in for something different. But yeah, if you go in expecting a standard horror flick, that notion goes out the door within the opening credits, and just gets crazier ... I like to think of it a as a loving homage and middle-finger to all the horror genres through the decades. Not a huge fan of the ending, but it makes sense taking into account the rest of the movie.

Start the HHN house in the Cabin ... and then you can easily move into much crazier things for the attraction (not going to spoil for those who haven't seen the movie)

- Neil Peart
Old 07-20-2013, 02:52 PM   #1940
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnico2012 View Post

Any single princesses in Central NJ?
ok she is totally cute!!!!

NJDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:58 PM   #1941
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Hi everyone!

The very kind NJDiva hipped me to this thread. I'm a Floridian transplanted to Atlanta, and I looove Disney! :-) I always enjoy meeting fellow Disney fans, and ultimately I'd love to make friends who would enjoy visiting the parks together! I look forward to getting to know you all and "Have a Magical (Fri)Day!"

~Kari
so glad you made it over!!!

NJDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:08 PM   #1942
pookie10

Quote:
I'm a huge Joss Whedon fan, with Buffy being one of my fav TV series. Since Joss and much of Team Buffy were behind 'Cabin in the Woods', I pretty much knew the viewer was in for something different. But yeah, if you go in expecting a standard horror flick, that notion goes out the door within the opening credits, and just gets crazier ... I like to think of it a as a loving homage and middle-finger to all the horror genres through the decades. Not a huge fan of the ending, but it makes sense taking into account the rest of the movie.

Start the HHN house in the Cabin ... and then you can easily move into much crazier things for the attraction (not going to spoil for those who haven't seen the movie)
I liked the end, I am not a happy ending kinda gal
Old 07-20-2013, 10:19 PM   #1943
DIS_MERI
Mouseketeer

Thinking about doing one of the tours while down in December, what would you guys recommend? I am leaning towards one of the AK tours, especially the Wild Africa Trek, since DH really preferred AK, especially the animals themselves. But, might consider one of the Epcot water ones or one of the holiday themed tours (and wouldn't rule out doing more than 1). I would love to do the sunrise safari, but currently no club level rooms via DVC....any thoughts appreciated
Old 07-20-2013, 10:58 PM   #1944
pookie10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIS_MERI View Post
Thinking about doing one of the tours while down in December, what would you guys recommend? I am leaning towards one of the AK tours, especially the Wild Africa Trek, since DH really preferred AK, especially the animals themselves. But, might consider one of the Epcot water ones or one of the holiday themed tours (and wouldn't rule out doing more than 1). I would love to do the sunrise safari, but currently no club level rooms via DVC....any thoughts appreciated
I havent done any of them! But I am a huge animal nut! I say go for one in AK for sure!!
Old 07-20-2013, 11:15 PM   #1945
Brocktoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIS_MERI View Post
I've done a bunch of tours over the years. I have the Wild Africa Trek scheduled for 10/26, so I'll let you know how it is, but it's received great reviews!

My recommendations:
1) EPCOT Segway Tour - Don't think it may be offered anymore, but if it is, jump on this tour

2) Keys to the Kingdom - Informative and you get to see the utiladoors. A must do for all diehard Disney fans.

3) Fort Wilderness Segway Tour - Off Road Segway riding along with a tour of lesser known WDW property. It really isn't very WDW focused, but it's probably the most fun tour on property, and offers a ton of Segway riding time.

4) Steam Train Tour - It's early in the morning, but it was an incredible tour and gives an amazing insight into Walt's passion for trains. If you're not interested in trains though, it can be a bit boring.

- Neil Peart
Old 07-21-2013, 02:00 PM   #1946
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Don't think I will do HHN this year. Last year and the year before I discovered that I am not easily scared by the houses. I mostly just wave, smile and laugh. . .odd since it is supposed to scare the crap out of me. . .lol. I think I would rather do MNSSHP again though. Fun and you are expected to laugh and have fun. . .lol.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:53 PM   #1947
Bluefox
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the kind words of welcome!

I was reading a news blurb about this couple who were recently jailed due to swindling seniors. They even used some of the money for their wedding/honeymoon at DisneyWorld (had a pic of them looking all cozy in front of the castle, jerks!!). Luckily they have been caught, and one commentator had this to say :

"We're going to Prisonyland!"

Gave me a very good chuckle ;-) I wonder if that's anything like a "Fungeon"?
Old 07-22-2013, 03:42 AM   #1948
StephyDee
One day the tag fairy will pity me enough to give me an awesome tag. Until then?.....BACON AND DUCKS! >:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Thanks for the kind words of welcome!

I was reading a news blurb about this couple who were recently jailed due to swindling seniors. They even used some of the money for their wedding/honeymoon at DisneyWorld (had a pic of them looking all cozy in front of the castle, jerks!!). Luckily they have been caught, and one commentator had this to say :

"We're going to Prisonyland!"

Gave me a very good chuckle ;-) I wonder if that's anything like a "Fungeon"?
Hey, at least in Prisonyland, EVERYONE can be a CM! Think about it; food prep, janitorial services, mousekeeping (probably with real mice lol), and even character performers! They're the ones providing the entertainment in Prisonyland, like prison fights and escape attempts!

Love those Mickey soaps and toiletries? You'll have plenty in Prisonyland! Just don't drop 'em!

Want thrilling experiences and rides that you won't soon forget? Well then don't miss out on SEWING! LICENSE PLATE SIMULATOR! Oh, and don't forget ROCK BREAKAGE: THE RIDE! 1,200 lbs of stone just begging for your trusty pickaxe and sledgehammer! Can you break them all before the warden takes you away? Come on down and find out!

Lastly, every night they end their magical day by showing a beautiful blinding display of lights and sounds, like searchlights and sirens for those trying to escape! Makes everybody that witnesses it cry from sheer joy (or terror if you wanna be a realist )

Don't even get me started on one of their most prestigious hotels *coughcellblockscough*on property, THE CONTEMPTORARY!

.....man, I had way too much fun with that.

My Ultimate Dream: To see Walt Disney World during Christmas time...and not worry about how much it costs to reach that dream...*sigh*

Last edited by StephyDee; 07-22-2013 at 03:48 AM.
StephyDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:26 AM   #1949
pookie10

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephyDee View Post

Hey, at least in Prisonyland, EVERYONE can be a CM! Think about it; food prep, janitorial services, mousekeeping (probably with real mice lol), and even character performers! They're the ones providing the entertainment in Prisonyland, like prison fights and escape attempts!

Love those Mickey soaps and toiletries? You'll have plenty in Prisonyland! Just don't drop 'em!

Want thrilling experiences and rides that you won't soon forget? Well then don't miss out on SEWING! LICENSE PLATE SIMULATOR! Oh, and don't forget ROCK BREAKAGE: THE RIDE! 1,200 lbs of stone just begging for your trusty pickaxe and sledgehammer! Can you break them all before the warden takes you away? Come on down and find out!

Lastly, every night they end their magical day by showing a beautiful blinding display of lights and sounds, like searchlights and sirens for those trying to escape! Makes everybody that witnesses it cry from sheer joy (or terror if you wanna be a realist )

Don't even get me started on one of their most prestigious hotels *coughcellblockscough*on property, THE CONTEMPTORARY!

Wow yeah you did lol !!! I'm booking my next trip to prisony land!! You sold me!!! Do they have time shares I wonder? Lol
Old 07-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #1950
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyfigment View Post
I'm sure she will enjoy it, I Dont like scary movies but love hhn.

Gotta love being able to buy a drink while standing in line and let's not forget about the blood bags, yum!

Bill and teds is hysterical, looking forward to the return of rocky horror picture show this year as well!
She enjoyed the 2 blood bags I managed to sneak out of the place last year and bring back to her.

I think I finally talked her into accepting the idea of my forking over the extra money for the Express Passes. I don't think she really grasped the idea on how much we will need them that night if we want to not spend most of the night in lines.... but I was able to sell her on them by mentioning that we'd most likely, with express, be able to see everything we would want to see within HHN and get out by 12 or 1am so we can spend some time at Citywalk before making the trek back to our hotel.

She is liking the idea of being able to get some dancing in during our trip, so the chance to do it later that night was a big thing for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyf2 View Post
Just moved to FL last month (10 min from Disney)! I'll be watching for upcoming meet ups
We have the annual F&W meet happening at the end of October, plus some people were talking about getting together for the Friday the 13th's Villians Limited Time Magic event. I try to post details on the first post to keep things in a central location for people to get updates.

Feel free to join us around here. We can be a lot of fun, and if you'd like to be added to the 'official' list of people for specific meets, just let us know and I'll make sure you are added to the lists so you can get the info when it's sent out.

Quote:
I liked the end, I am not a happy ending kinda gal
Oh you poor thing. The happy ending is the best part! It can be more relaxing and enjoyable than the rest of the experience leading up to it.

Although sometimes you gotta remember to ask for it since they don't always include it automatically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephyDee View Post

Quote:
Wow yeah you did lol !!! I'm booking my next trip to prisony land!! You sold me!!! Do they have time shares I wonder? Lol
Of course they do! It's called Work Release.

DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: