Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2013, 04:34 PM   #1906
pookie10
Looking for my Prince....again :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC78 View Post
Ok, what is with this group and Cap'n Crunch Crunch Berries????? I couldn't sleep so hopped in here to catch up...while eating a bowl of Crunch Berries!!!! I kid you not! I almost want to take a pic of my cereal bowl just to prove it...or of the roof of my mouth that is all cut up from eating it!!!!! Why??? Why do I continue to eat cereal that shreds my mouth apart?? LOL
I have to buy the big **** box of them because my kids eat them like crazy animals
pookie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:57 PM   #1907
chabre
Earning My Ears

I am planning my second SOLO trip to WDW at the end of October, so I might join you on the October meet! Please put me on your maybe list.

I had years not reading the forums ( sin my first SOLO trip on 2010 ).

My name is Jonathan, 30yo ( today is my birthday! ), from Mexico City. Im a photographer. chabre.org and bodagrafia.com
chabre is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2013, 06:14 PM   #1908
amfie928
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chabre
I am planning my second SOLO trip to WDW at the end of October, so I might join you on the October meet! Please put me on your maybe list.

My name is Jonathan, 30yo ( today is my birthday! ), from Mexico City. Im a photographer. chabre.org and bodagrafia.com
Happy birthday!!
amfie928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:16 PM   #1909
amfie928
Mouseketeer

Is there anything better than a cold drink after a long day and traffic that really sucked?!!
Old 07-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #1910
DefLepard
<3 Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by amfie928 View Post
Is there anything better than a cold drink after a long day and traffic that really sucked?!!
The next cold one is always better...
Old 07-18-2013, 07:51 PM   #1911
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes. . .a glass or two of your favorite wine. . .lol. Its all in the taste. . .lol.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:54 PM   #1912
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
So just FYI...

It's looking like Rachel and I won't be able to make the October meet. Even though we will be in town, we will probably be spending Saturday and Sunday over at Universal since her parent's have finally decided to experience the Dark Side.
Well, at least you will be in the area. . .You could just gather a few folks (sane folks mind you) to join you poolside at your condo. '

Uh, I am guessing this would not include me. . .ROFL. . .
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
Old 07-18-2013, 07:54 PM   #1913
amfie928
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy

Yes. . .a glass or two of your favorite wine. . .lol. Its all in the taste. . .lol.
Well today was hardcore...an extra dirty vodka martini...shaken
Old 07-18-2013, 07:54 PM   #1914
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OOOOOOOHHHHHH. That is my fave martini. . .
Old 07-18-2013, 08:08 PM   #1915
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Unfortunately I don't have any other groomsmen. The two were her brother and my brother as Best Man. I don't really have many friends, a small number of male friends... and even fewer who I would consider close enough (either distance wise or friendship wise) to ask to be in the wedding party.

As for the bar.... I'll relay what you suggested to Rachel and her mom. They are the ones who are making all the arrangements. I'm honestly not even sure what our options are since it's on base and they won't even let us provide the keg (her uncle works for a distributor so he can get beer at wholesale)
Good input. You only need someone to stand with you. I do know that most of your good friends are of the female nature. . .not the best for standing in at a wedding. Do you have a dad, cousin, uncle, or brother in law who lives near? Even a close DIS friend would be awesome. My Best Girl (don't like the term "matron of honor") I met here on the DIS. . .of course we lived about 30 seconds from each other and became instant friends after we finally met in person. The person standing with you doesn't have to have known you for years. The only requirement is that you trust them and would like to have them with you on your day. I had a hard time. My best girl is awesome, but I probably wouldn't have asked her if I had other family and longer friendship obligations. I will tell you that the girls that I asked have significance. . .HUGE significance in my life. My sis in law is just awesome and I do love her. My Best Girl has always been there for me in the very few years that I have known her. . .my other sis in law (brother's wife) brings completion to an otherwise tumultuous relationship that is on the right footing now. She is awesome and I am proud to have her as part of the family.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:56 PM   #1916
taramoz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh yes, and extra olives too!!!
Old 07-18-2013, 09:07 PM   #1917
DIS_MERI
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
Good input. You only need someone to stand with you. I do know that most of your good friends are of the female nature. . .not the best for standing in at a wedding. Do you have a dad, cousin, uncle, or brother in law who lives near? Even a close DIS friend would be awesome. My Best Girl (don't like the term "matron of honor") I met here on the DIS. . .of course we lived about 30 seconds from each other and became instant friends after we finally met in person. The person standing with you doesn't have to have known you for years. The only requirement is that you trust them and would like to have them with you on your day. I had a hard time. My best girl is awesome, but I probably wouldn't have asked her if I had other family and longer friendship obligations. I will tell you that the girls that I asked have significance. . .HUGE significance in my life. My sis in law is just awesome and I do love her. My Best Girl has always been there for me in the very few years that I have known her. . .my other sis in law (brother's wife) brings completion to an otherwise tumultuous relationship that is on the right footing now. She is awesome and I am proud to have her as part of the family.
To expand on this a little, I had my bestie as my MOH and then my other 2 brides(matrons??) I'd known less than a year because I'd met them through DH (and both their husbands were groomsmen). So, they weren't lifelong friends, but they *are* people that will stand by our sides for the rest of our lives (even if that ends up being from a distance). Find someone that you are comfortable with and just enjoy it.

Although, personally, I would suggest someone at least nearing 6 foot tall, for aesthetics in the pictures
Old 07-19-2013, 11:21 AM   #1918
Bluefox
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone!

The very kind NJDiva hipped me to this thread. I'm a Floridian transplanted to Atlanta, and I looove Disney! :-) I always enjoy meeting fellow Disney fans, and ultimately I'd love to make friends who would enjoy visiting the parks together! I look forward to getting to know you all and "Have a Magical (Fri)Day!"

~Kari
Bluefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:52 AM   #1919
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chabre View Post

to the group! I'll add your name to the list!

Quote:
Well, at least you will be in the area. . .You could just gather a few folks (sane folks mind you) to join you poolside at your condo. '

Uh, I am guessing this would not include me. . .ROFL. . .
I'll make sure peeps have my cell # since I'll still be in the area. I'm not sure what all our plans will end up being so I don't want to commit, but I don't think we'll have any issues meeting up with people SOMETIME during our trip.

Quote:
Dad... Dead. cousins/Uncles... LONG story, but the readers digest version is we don't get along anymore after we won the lawsuit. Brother-in-law... Only one, and he's the groomsman who ended up getting deployed.

We will figure something out. push comes to shove we may end up raiding her extended family for candidate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIS_MERI View Post
To expand on this a little, I had my bestie as my MOH and then my other 2 brides(matrons??) I'd known less than a year because I'd met them through DH (and both their husbands were groomsmen). So, they weren't lifelong friends, but they *are* people that will stand by our sides for the rest of our lives (even if that ends up being from a distance). Find someone that you are comfortable with and just enjoy it.

Although, personally, I would suggest someone at least nearing 6 foot tall, for aesthetics in the pictures
HAHA!! Good point. I'm sure we will figure something out, so I'm not TOO concerned at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Hi everyone!

The very kind NJDiva hipped me to this thread. I'm a Floridian transplanted to Atlanta, and I looove Disney! :-) I always enjoy meeting fellow Disney fans, and ultimately I'd love to make friends who would enjoy visiting the parks together! I look forward to getting to know you all and "Have a Magical (Fri)Day!"

~Kari
to the group! Always love having new people join us around here, so feel free to jump into the fun and hijinks!

(And FYI... I'm an Atlantan transplanted to PA. )
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #1920
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

I know I'm gonna go to HHN sometime during tge trip. If not multiple times. Maybe we can meet up then DC. I didn't get to meet POTCaddict last year. So I would love to this year. First round is on me

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: