Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2013, 05:01 PM   #1891
pookie10
Looking for my Prince....again :(

If I tried really hard maybe I could look like a guy lol ok prolly not
Old 07-16-2013, 05:44 PM   #1892
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie10 View Post
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2013, 05:44 PM   #1893
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

DC. I am thinking of I Love You Man now becuase of your situation. Lol. You know. You KINDA look like Jason Seigal
Old 07-16-2013, 07:11 PM   #1894
pookie10
Looking for my Prince....again :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfanjosh3252 View Post
DC. I am thinking of I Love You Man now becuase of your situation. Lol. You know. You KINDA look like Jason Seigal
That's a great movie.. Maybe go to an online friend finder lil
Old 07-16-2013, 09:40 PM   #1895
StephyDee
One day the tag fairy will pity me enough to give me an awesome tag. Until then?.....BACON AND DUCKS! >:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
You must first learn to except that Disney isn't all pixie dust and magic.... And then you will be able to enjoy the darker side of all things disney without feeling bad.
Yeah, I've been seeing the darker side of Disney for a while, and I'm starting to enjoy it pretty well without the guilt, but the little kid in my head always goes "Mickey doesn't say THAT! What is Buzz doing? Noooooo!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie10 View Post
Maybe you can get whoever made Penelope Cruz look like Jack Sparrow in the last POTC movie. Although that might just make you look like....well....Jack Sparrow. A very dapper one if you end up wearing a tux.

My Ultimate Dream: To see Walt Disney World during Christmas time...and not worry about how much it costs to reach that dream...*sigh*
StephyDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:47 AM   #1896
ChipmunksRock
Earning My Ears

I'm going to make plans for the singles meet in late October. I am so excited to have found this board & all the nice helpful people here! I'm still learning the ropes of this thread, but I'm sure I'll learn fast!

Sent by Mary-Ellen
ChipmunksRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:54 AM   #1897
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:
I told her "Just tell me when and where to show up and I'll be there."

I'm letting her (and her mom) do most of the planning of the wedding since she knows what she wants and it means so much more to her than to me. (I'm a guy, so I'm not going to care as much about having "the perfect centerpiece", or flowers, etc etc etc.) I think for the most part everything is coming together nicely. The BIGGEST issue is we aren't even sure if I'm gonna have a best man or any groomsmen now. I asked my Brother to be my Best Man... but then his wife went and got pregnant (after YEARS of trying)... and they are having twins.... and she's due about a month before the wedding. So it's not 100% that my brother will be able to make the trip up from Atlanta for the wedding.

Then HER brother was supposed to be the other groomsman, but after spending years in the airforce they finally decided in May that he was going to get deployed overseas for the summer, and he's not due back until just after the wedding.

But beyond that little hicup which we don't have much control over, I haven't heard of any other showstoppers. My personal biggest question now is paying for the open bar and the honeymoon. (We are taking the official honeymoon trip a month after the wedding so that we can have her parents look after Gus for a couple days before joining us at Disney)
I would so do the "best diva...ummm...woman" thing for you...and seriously, how appropriate would it be for you to have a "harem" around you on your wedding day? and you know there's no way of making me look like a guy

NJDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #1898
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfanjosh3252 View Post
But am I a Man? Or am I a Muppet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephyDee View Post
Yeah, I've been seeing the darker side of Disney for a while, and I'm starting to enjoy it pretty well without the guilt, but the little kid in my head always goes "Mickey doesn't say THAT! What is Buzz doing? Noooooo!"

Do not underestimate, the POWER, of the darkside!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephyDee View Post
Maybe you can get whoever made Penelope Cruz look like Jack Sparrow in the last POTC movie. Although that might just make you look like....well....Jack Sparrow. A very dapper one if you end up wearing a tux.
Hmmm... That might cause a different kind of problem. As much as she loves me, I'm not sure how my odds would look if she had both me and Capt. Jack at the alter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipmunksRock View Post
I'm going to make plans for the singles meet in late October. I am so excited to have found this board & all the nice helpful people here! I'm still learning the ropes of this thread, but I'm sure I'll learn fast!

Sent by Mary-Ellen
to the group! I'll make sure I add your name to the list for the October meet. I'll try to get the first post updated with info on the meet as it's decided upon, and normally we'll PM everyone on the list with some details shortly before the meet.

In the mean time.... Don't be a stranger around here! we always love having new people join in the fun around here, and we can be a very fun group to chat with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDiva View Post
I would so do the "best diva...ummm...woman" thing for you...and seriously, how appropriate would it be for you to have a "harem" around you on your wedding day? and you know there's no way of making me look like a guy
Oh god....

I hadn't thought about the harem in ages. I'm not sure how much people outside the SSC would appreciate that though during the ceremony.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:05 PM   #1899
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I told her "Just tell me when and where to show up and I'll be there."

I'm letting her (and her mom) do most of the planning of the wedding since she knows what she wants and it means so much more to her than to me. (I'm a guy, so I'm not going to care as much about having "the perfect centerpiece", or flowers, etc etc etc.) I think for the most part everything is coming together nicely. The BIGGEST issue is we aren't even sure if I'm gonna have a best man or any groomsmen now. I asked my Brother to be my Best Man... but then his wife went and got pregnant (after YEARS of trying)... and they are having twins.... and she's due about a month before the wedding. So it's not 100% that my brother will be able to make the trip up from Atlanta for the wedding.

Then HER brother was supposed to be the other groomsman, but after spending years in the airforce they finally decided in May that he was going to get deployed overseas for the summer, and he's not due back until just after the wedding.

But beyond that little hicup which we don't have much control over, I haven't heard of any other showstoppers. My personal biggest question now is paying for the open bar and the honeymoon. (We are taking the official honeymoon trip a month after the wedding so that we can have her parents look after Gus for a couple days before joining us at Disney)
Awesome. . .

As for groomsmen and a best man. . .Just as people you know and trust. Keep your brother as Best Man until closer but then ask one of your other groomsmen to stand in if he can't be there. It happens. My biggest hiccup is the wedding is on a Saturday evening and my son, who is supposed to walk me down the aisle, can only leave base (stationed in Guantanamo Bay) on Saturday or every other Tuesday. He was planning on only using a week of leave, but may need to use more. The hiccup is only if he doesn't have more. . .lol.

Tony has opinions on what should and shouldn't be done at a banquet (he is a server after all). He HATES buffets and does not want one at the wedding. I really don't care. . .its all about good tasting food and a great party atmosphere for me. One piece of advice. . .if you are planning on having an open bar, use the pre-paid option. If you go with a "pay per drink" with a cap you will go over your cap and they may or may not tell you that you are over. . .Its happened to many of my friends. Just some advice.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:20 PM   #1900
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
Awesome. . .

As for groomsmen and a best man. . .Just as people you know and trust. Keep your brother as Best Man until closer but then ask one of your other groomsmen to stand in if he can't be there. It happens. My biggest hiccup is the wedding is on a Saturday evening and my son, who is supposed to walk me down the aisle, can only leave base (stationed in Guantanamo Bay) on Saturday or every other Tuesday. He was planning on only using a week of leave, but may need to use more. The hiccup is only if he doesn't have more. . .lol.

Tony has opinions on what should and shouldn't be done at a banquet (he is a server after all). He HATES buffets and does not want one at the wedding. I really don't care. . .its all about good tasting food and a great party atmosphere for me. One piece of advice. . .if you are planning on having an open bar, use the pre-paid option. If you go with a "pay per drink" with a cap you will go over your cap and they may or may not tell you that you are over. . .Its happened to many of my friends. Just some advice.

Unfortunately I don't have any other groomsmen. The two were her brother and my brother as Best Man. I don't really have many friends, a small number of male friends... and even fewer who I would consider close enough (either distance wise or friendship wise) to ask to be in the wedding party.

As for the bar.... I'll relay what you suggested to Rachel and her mom. They are the ones who are making all the arrangements. I'm honestly not even sure what our options are since it's on base and they won't even let us provide the keg (her uncle works for a distributor so he can get beer at wholesale)
Old 07-17-2013, 06:35 PM   #1901
cnico2012
17 visits to date...

Any single princesses in Central NJ?

My Disney daughter!
cnico2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:26 AM   #1902
KC78
Mouseketeer

Ok, what is with this group and Cap'n Crunch Crunch Berries????? I couldn't sleep so hopped in here to catch up...while eating a bowl of Crunch Berries!!!! I kid you not! I almost want to take a pic of my cereal bowl just to prove it...or of the roof of my mouth that is all cut up from eating it!!!!! Why??? Why do I continue to eat cereal that shreds my mouth apart?? LOL
September 2009-MNSSHP-BWV and AKV-Kidani
November 2010-DD's 6th B'day-OKW
Oct/Nov 2012 HALLOWEEN and DD's 8th B'day-AoA-LM and CSR
December 2013-Christmas-SSR

KC78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:15 PM   #1903
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnico2012 View Post

Any single princesses in Central NJ?
to the group!

I believe we have a few. I know we definately have a Diva.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC78 View Post
Ok, what is with this group and Cap'n Crunch Crunch Berries????? I couldn't sleep so hopped in here to catch up...while eating a bowl of Crunch Berries!!!! I kid you not! I almost want to take a pic of my cereal bowl just to prove it...or of the roof of my mouth that is all cut up from eating it!!!!! Why??? Why do I continue to eat cereal that shreds my mouth apart?? LOL
Because they are so damned tastey?
Old 07-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #1904
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

For the fans of 'I Love you Man', you may have already seen it, but they were showing the following during the Rush 'Time Machine' tour. Pistol and Joben finally meet Rush ... the humor may vary, but as huge Rush fan I loved it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq3yjfoorsU

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:22 PM   #1905
DCTooTall

So just FYI...

It's looking like Rachel and I won't be able to make the October meet. Even though we will be in town, we will probably be spending Saturday and Sunday over at Universal since her parent's have finally decided to experience the Dark Side.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: