Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 02:44 AM   #1
kristin08
Mouseketeer

Quick service that's more like a snack...

Have one leftover quick service credit for our group of 3 for our upcoming trip and wondering what to do with it! I wanted to use it at Main Street Bakery for the two pastry/snacks and a drink and split between the 3 of us, but because of a split stay that extra credit wont be available that day. So what other quick service places in the other 3 parks have a setup similar to Main Street Bakery? We dont want a full meal type thing, but more snack type things to try.

Thanks!!
Old 10-25-2012, 05:39 AM   #2
FiggieFan
DIS Veteran

Hi! The dining plan credits expire at the end of your trip, so you will not be able to use a left over credit for an upcoming trip.

Per the Dining Plan documents on-line:
"All unused meals and snacks and the ability to use your Resort refillable mug expire at midnight on your package reservation checkout date."

FiggieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2012, 07:09 AM   #3
kristin08
Mouseketeer

Hey sorry for the confusion. The credit will not be left over from a previous trip, but rather we have no place to use that one credit at this moment in time. So really an unassigned quick service credit. But we are doing a split stay so I wanted to use it at Main Street Bakery, but we have planned to use all the quick service credits for the first leg of the split stay already.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:41 AM   #4
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

The bakery in France in the World Showcase in Epcot has the same set up to use QS as Main Street Bakery,
Starring Rolls Bakery in Hollywood Studios comes to mind as well. I'm sure there are others.

Some resort food courts (not in parks) will let you use your QS credit for 3 snacks. A combo of any 3 items considered a snack credit. Example drinks, pastries/baked goods, chips, ice cream, etc. We've done this at several resorts.

minniebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:49 AM   #5
THEJOEL
Excited & Overwhelmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebeth
The bakery in France in the World Showcase in Epcot has the same set up to use QS as Main Street Bakery,
Starring Rolls Bakery in Hollywood Studios comes to mind as well. I'm sure there are others.

Some resort food courts (not in parks) will let you use your QS credit for 3 snacks. A combo of any 3 items considered a snack credit. Example drinks, pastries/baked goods, chips, ice cream, etc. We've done this at several resorts.
The bakery in France is a great choice!
Last year we got a cheese plate, Napoleon and a bottle of water for a CS. Go get a glass of wine to go with it.
THEJOEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:47 AM   #6
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

I had some QS credits left and wanted to try to trade them in for 3 snacks on my last day as I heard I might be able to do so from the DisBoards. I asked at many places and was told that I might have better luck if I went to a place that doesn't only serve snacks but meals as well. Even some of those places said no. I finally was able to do so at AoA's food court where we were staying. The CM said that she could do it for me since I checked in before they made changes to the dining plan and that they will no longer be able to trade QS for the 3 snacks. Good luck doing so. Depending on who you talk to, you might be able to.

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR, 2/15 (not sure which resort yet)

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH, 2/15 (not sure which resort yet)
CareHeartsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:54 AM   #7
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

Also, Starring Rolls in DHS would work that way.
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:35 PM   #8
kristin08
Mouseketeer

Thanks! The French bakery sounds perfect!
Old 10-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #9
brymolmom
DIS Veteran

We like to use CS credit on the nachos at the Mexico CS place- GREAT to share as a snack.
brymolmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:43 PM   #10
pixie08
DIS Veteran

We had a situation with a split stay. You can pay out of pocket, and then have it refunded to you once you dining plan kicks in if that is easier. Ask at the hotel, the BW was awesome about it.

pixie08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: