Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
KAYLI'S DAD
Mouseketeer

Anyone received upgrade for multiple rooms

Ive read a lot of stories of people getting upgrades and was curious if anyone has ever gotten upgrades with multiple rooms in their party. We would love a upgrade but Im afraid if we ever got one they wouldnt give it to all of us in the party. We have 3 rooms booked.
2006 Disneyland
2008 POFQ
2009 AS Movies
2010 AS Music
2012 POFQ
2013 POLYx2
2014 AOA
KAYLI'S DAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:59 AM   #2
jbridges88
Earning My Ears

Room Upgrades

My Family has been to Disney over 14 times in the last 10 years (Wife and I go back alone for food and wine occasionally) and the only time we were ever offered an upgrade was during a trip at the end of March, very off peak. I have heard alot of stories but have rarely seen it or heard of upgrades happening unless your resort is extremely over or under-booked, or upon entering your room for the first time, you have a terrible experience.

BTW, Poly is our favorite resort.

Tip, if your taking the monorail to Epcot, walk to the main gate and back especially if your on the right hand side of the property as it appears from the parking lot. It saves alot of time and work especially on the way back to the room.

Enjoy!

Last edited by jbridges88; 10-25-2012 at 05:00 AM. Reason: misspelling.
jbridges88 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2012, 05:27 AM   #3
Kimberle
WL Vet

I don't think upgrades are very common. They are generally given when a room in the booked category is not available (overbooking, maintance, etc.). I've never been upgraded on my many trips.
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level
Kimberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:40 AM   #4
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAYLI'S DAD View Post
Ive read a lot of stories of people getting upgrades and was curious if anyone has ever gotten upgrades with multiple rooms in their party. We would love a upgrade but Im afraid if we ever got one they wouldnt give it to all of us in the party. We have 3 rooms booked.
Upgrades are pretty rare. You wouldn't think that since you read about them so often on the disboards. But no one comes back and starts a thread about how they were NOT upgraded.

Upgrading 3 rooms would be even rarer and I wouldn't even entertain the idea. But even if one member of your party is offered an upgrade, it may only be so that their room will be located closer to the other members of the party (such as being upgraded to a water view while the other families are in garden view across the hall).

Marionnette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:05 AM   #5
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

We were offered a Magic Kingdom view room several years ago when we were staying at the Poly. We did thank the CM but had to turn it down because there was only one room available and we wanted our family to stay together.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:13 AM   #6
Missytara
I'm all ears!

The prospect of getting an upgrade is pretty uncommon and not anything you have any control over. Getting multiple upgrades is going to be downright impossible. It is a bad way to start off your trip when you expect something that is pretty far fetched that you are going to get.

You say that you read lots of stories about upgrades. These types of threads come up weekly. About 10 - 14 people will respond that, yes, indeed they did receive an upgrade. But considering the fact that there are over 32,000 rooms at Disney that can be occupied in one week, that is a rarity; not lots of stories.....

Quite frankly, over the past few years, Disney has added booking categories based on requests at the values and moderates. And people are paying for it; waterview, riverview, preferred, etc. It makes the prospect of upgrades even less; people are willing to pay for it and if it is something you want, you should be prepared to pay for it too.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:24 AM   #7
krhst25
Mouseketeer

There were three of us two years ago that linked our reservations. One of us ( not me) received an offer for an upgrade via email. When she called she was the only one eligible.

krhst25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:28 PM   #8
mmtwinmama
Mouseketeer

In August, we were 3 families traveling. All were booked for GV rooms at BC, with one booked for CL.
Upon check in, the other two families were upgraded to CL. All three were given lagoon view rooms on the 5th floor.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:52 PM   #9
cruisingkat
DIS Veteran

We got an upgrade once from a Moderate to a Deluxe. Our daughter was running in the Princess half marathon this past Feb. and had booked a royal room at POR. We booked at POFQ (both POR and POFQ were host hotels) so we could get the grandkids the morning of the run (4am) to cheer on their mom. The royal rooms weren't ready for her stay, so they upgraded her to Yacht Club (another host hotel). She called all excited about her upgrade and I asked her about the kids and how we were supposed to get them since a lot of the roads would around Epcot would be closed. She called Disney, explained the situation and got us upgraded to Yacht Club also. However, she wasn't able to get her brother and his family (they came to help cheer her on) upgraded.
cruisingkat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: