Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 08:33 PM   #46
chirurgeon
I am a delicate flower and need my sleep
I'm trying to avoid Emeldaitis

No mention of precipitation. And it was after dark so no sun.
CBR 4/00, YC 12/02, ASSp 6/05, AKL/BWI 12/06, ASSP/POFQ 6/07, POFQ/AKL 12/08, PCC 1 5/09, Dolphin/POP 2.0 12/09, POFQ/BCV 04/10, PCC 2.0 12/10, POR 12/11, ABD BSM 7/12, PCC 4.0 12/12, BC 4/13, ABD BSM 7/14
chirurgeon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:36 AM   #47
Capt_BJ
So Many Times

wrt impacts to port operations at Canaveral:

local news said that a couple of ships that can't make Nassau port calls will come to Canaveral instead so I suspect Sat DCL should not have a problem other than a bumpy ride to get here. This morning, MONARCH arrived on schedule.

Florida Today:

Officials with Disney Cruise Line said the Disney Fantasy and Disney Dream, which depart Port Canaveral today, will substitute stops at Castaway Cay with days at sea. Two Carnival cruise ships plan to dock in Port Canaveral, new stops added because of the hurricane.

Some of the ships from Norfolk and Miami are coming to Port Canaveral. The passengers will be able to go to the beach and well still sell shore excursions to the area attractions, said Vance Gulliksen, a spokesman for Carnival Cruise Lines. Right now, the storm is not impacting any of our Port Canaveral-based ships.
County officials say the ships will bring a boost to the local economy.

WDW more than I can count incl EPCOT opening
40+ cruises including
DCL x 7 incl inaugural years of Magic and Wonder
retired 29 yr USCG, 12 years at sea, 4 in Command
Capt_BJ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2012, 08:29 AM   #48
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

When CC is cancelled, do they arrange any "extra" activities on board? Also if it has been cancelled due to bad weather/windy conditions ect, do they reschedule CC for the day at seat on the four days or longer cruises? Obviously taking into account weather ect

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:35 AM   #49
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Sandy has bee nreported to be passing over Great Abaco island this morning and that island is off in the distance from CC (you can see it from CC) so I am sure CC is getting pounded today.

We have been to CC right after a hurricane and even those most of the trees were still standing (with many missing leaves) there was massive discoloring of the vegetation from the salt water. All the vegetation was brown...not green and tropical. Also, even though they tried to remove all the chairs from the beaches many wound up in the water and people were finding them as they snorkeled.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:44 AM   #50
luv2cruisedisney
Mouseketeer

Sandy Update

just saw this on Google News

"On Friday morning, the hurricane’s center was about 15 miles (25 kilometers) east of Great Abaco Island in the Bahamas and 480 miles (770 kilometers) south-southeast of Charleston, South Carolina. Sandy was moving northwest at 10 mph (17 kph) with maximum sustained winds near 80 mph (130 kph)."

Sounds like it is going right over CC

Hope everyone is ok

We were re-routed a few years ago, missed St Thomas, and had the greatest sea day ever. It's what you make of it
Old 10-26-2012, 11:24 AM   #51
ssawka
DIS Veteran

I know it is all for the safety of the crew and passengers when they have to cancel CC, but I think it would be interesting to start a thread and track how often CC has to be canceled. I mean I think that would help to set expectations since DCL pushes CC as one of the selling points for taking a DCL cruise over other cruise lines.

Please show your support for GKTW!

"A man should never neglect his family for business." -W. Disney

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." -W. Disney

"Adults are only kids grown up..." -W. Disney

(Me) (DD 12)

ssawka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:51 AM   #52
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssawka View Post
I know it is all for the safety of the crew and passengers when they have to cancel CC, but I think it would be interesting to start a thread and track how often CC has to be canceled. I mean I think that would help to set expectations since DCL pushes CC as one of the selling points for taking a DCL cruise over other cruise lines.
This has actually been done a few different times. Someone had a whole spreadsheet for years about all the times the ships missed CC and what month it happened in.

Sorry I do not have a link.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:08 PM   #53
clten
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I actually started one this year but gave up on it because I ended up spending a lot of time stalking each cruise meet thread and having to follow up with people to get the info. Most who saw my requests were helpful but it was more work than I wanted to deal with so I dropped the thread somewhere around March/April and let it fade into oblivion. Might work better if it was a sticky and when each cruise came back it, people might be reminded to self-report.
clten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:42 PM   #54
houseofstaggs
Earning My Ears

Boo!
houseofstaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:05 AM   #55
ssawka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clten View Post
I actually started one this year but gave up on it because I ended up spending a lot of time stalking each cruise meet thread and having to follow up with people to get the info. Most who saw my requests were helpful but it was more work than I wanted to deal with so I dropped the thread somewhere around March/April and let it fade into oblivion. Might work better if it was a sticky and when each cruise came back it, people might be reminded to self-report.
Ya, that is too much for one person! I was thinking something like the DVC threads where people used to post when there were no rooms available.

Please show your support for GKTW!

"A man should never neglect his family for business." -W. Disney

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." -W. Disney

"Adults are only kids grown up..." -W. Disney

(Me) (DD 12)

ssawka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:47 AM   #56
Beermam42
Grit and bear it

Castaway Key in Jan

Quote:
Oh, I hope that doesn't happen on our January cruise. That is one of the main reasons we are doing the cruise. The only other DCL cruise we've been on was the MR cruise on the Wonder. I understand that things happen though, so if it happens to us, we'll try to make the best of it.
Good chance it will be at min cool if not cold. Good luck. Taking the Magic out of Galveston in Feb going way further south.
Beermam42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: