Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2012, 11:51 AM   #1
Mom2Four
Mouseketeer

POFQ Newbie !!!!

Hi disers. Planning a last minute trip down and have a few questions about POFQ. Do the rooms have flat screen tvs since the renovations in 2011? How about a pool bar? Does the food court have nice offerings?? Any tips on best locations? It will just be my husband, myself, and our 19 month old. We will have a car. Any other tips/insight/experiences would be great! TIA!!

Polynesian
Shades of Green
AKL
All Star Sports
Beach Club Villas ,
Boardwalk Inn
Old Key West
Saratoga Springs
All Star Family Suites
Wilderess Lodge Villas
Mom2Four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:09 PM   #2
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Yes to flat screen and pool bar. The food court is known for it's Beingets! There is a great POFQ thread on the board, be sure to read page 1, lots of info.
Also there is an Unofficial POR/POFQ web site that has loads of info, Andre looks after both and does a great job.
http://www.portorleans.org
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2012, 12:09 PM   #3
BrownHP800
Mouseketeer

We are going to PQFQ for the first time in just over 2 weeks. I can not wait.

Here is a great site with info on both Port Orleans resorts.

www.portorleans.org

Lots of pictures and information.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:37 PM   #4
Mom2Four
Mouseketeer

we are going Nov 9th- 13th !

Polynesian
Shades of Green
AKL
All Star Sports
Beach Club Villas ,
Boardwalk Inn
Old Key West
Saratoga Springs
All Star Family Suites
Wilderess Lodge Villas
Old 10-24-2012, 12:44 PM   #5
MHSweb79
DIS Veteran

We love POFQ. Any building is fine - we've had Building 1 for our last 4 visits and it was great. We've even done a split stay with POFQ and the Polynesian, and we liked POFQ better!

The food court is OK. You may have to wait a long time for those beignets - they make them to order, so if there are a few folks in front of you it can tak a while. I didn't think they were any different from fried dough anywhere else, but YMMV.

You can also go up to the food court at POR, which I have heard is much nicer. Then there's the boat to Downtown Disney, with lots more food options.

Have a great time!
MHSweb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:47 PM   #6
Mom2Four
Mouseketeer

Wow i am excited! I love the Poly but if you liked POFQ better that is so cool!!! Can I ask what you liked better about POFQ?

Polynesian
Shades of Green
AKL
All Star Sports
Beach Club Villas ,
Boardwalk Inn
Old Key West
Saratoga Springs
All Star Family Suites
Wilderess Lodge Villas
Old 10-24-2012, 08:47 PM   #7
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M
Yes to flat screen and pool bar. The food court is known for it's Beingets! There is a great POFQ thread on the board, be sure to read page 1, lots of info.
Also there is an Unofficial POR/POFQ web site that has loads of info, Andre looks after both and does a great job.
http://www.portorleans.org
Doing a board search for beignets-- glad to find this! DH has never had them...
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:56 AM   #8
lov2b@disney
DIS Veteran

Mom2four. We are there for the same dates, also first time at POFQ!!

lov2b@disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:52 AM   #9
LovesTimone
DIS Veteran

Yes they have the flat screens and pool bar, the resort is the smallest of the mod's so really anywhere is good, there are elevators so no worries with the stroller. We prefer away from the pool, get's very loud in the evenings. With a little one I would go for the 3rd floor if you can.The riverveiw is great and there is a play ground for some running around, you can also head over to riverside to use their playground and foodcourt.

Foodcourt is a foodcourt, if you hit it in the off hours not much of a wait, you can also catch a ride on the boat to DTD, try EOS great breakfast sandwiches, beautiful ride down there.

Enjoy your stay, and have a magical time.
LovesTimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:16 AM   #10
skriegerjr
Monorail Maven

As a POFQ veteran, please allow me to humbly suggest building 5 facing the grass courtyard (where they show the movies.) We've stayed there every single time and love it. The location is just a hop, skip & a jump from the pool, short walk to parking lot/bus stop, and quite close to the main building & food court. Food court is decent food, we love the beignets! Pool bar is great too! If time permits, don't miss the boat ride to DTD very relaxing and nice change of pace.

Sent from my HTC HERO CM7.1 using the DISBoards App

"Any review by me is based on my own personal experience and isn't necessarily indicative of similar experiences in the future, for myself or for other guests. Please use the review at your own risk, and know that it is worth exactly what you paid for it..."

skriegerjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:23 AM   #11
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Another FQ vet. It is our favorite resort! I was also going to suggest building 5 river view since we stayed there our first time at FQ and we never ran into a soul the entire time when walking to the bus stop or back to our room. Nice and quiet. We've stayed in building 5 mostly, but also building 3. Anywhere would be good I think. We are also a huge fan of the boat to DTD. In fact when we were at Disney in April, we took a bus to FQ to ride the boat to DTD since we weren't staying at FQ that trip.

For all of you going to FQ soon, have a magical trip!
Old 10-25-2012, 07:33 AM   #12
Jillianv29
Mouseketeer

We just got back 3 weeks ago and loved it as well. There really is no bad building but I love building 5 ( we had a river view room). Food court is hit or miss. I enjoyed POR food court better. Have fun!!!
Jillianv29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:11 AM   #13
TexDisneyMom
Mouseketeer

We love POFQ! This will be our third stay there. Check to see if the jazz musician will be playing while you are there. We love to sit in the bar, have a drink and listen to him.

DH ME DD DS
Beach Club July 2004; Wilderness Lodge July 2006; Disney Cruise on the Wonder 3-07 & Wilderness Lodge; Polynesian July 2007; Disneyland Pardise Pier March 2008; POFQ March 2009; Disney Cruise on the Magic July 2009 & Beach Club; Beach Club - MNSSHP October 2009; Dolphin - MVMCP December 2009;POFQ - MVMCP December 2010; Polynesian July 2011; POFQ - December 2012; Disneyland December 2013; Dolphin - MNSSHP October 2014;
TexDisneyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:57 PM   #14
NateTiff
Earning My Ears

We loved staying there! We're going back in a couple months and decided we're gonna stay there again! You'll love it!
NateTiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:15 PM   #15
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Food court has great offerings but is small! My advice is to go during off times. We didn't abide by that and ended up having to sit in the lounge a couple times.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: