Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2012, 09:48 PM   #1
thesupersmartguy
DIS Veteran

I had lunch today at Be Our Guest

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to chime in and share some of my experience from lunch at Be Our Guest.

First, Disney has really outdone themselves on this one. The overall teaming of the restaurant is amazing and enchanting, a true Fairytale.

Secondly, the ordering process is definitely high tech. You receive a "rose" prior to placing your order. The rose is actually a RFID chip that acts as a tracker for you and is linked to your order. The entire underside of your table is a network of information letting the servers know where the food should be delivered. They find your location using an app on an iPhone 3G with an extended life battery attached. Before you place your order, you swipe the rose over a set of Mickey ears. This starts your ordering process. The kiosks are similar to the ones used at Pecos Bills and Contemporary Cafe. Once your order is placed, you retrieve your silverware and drinks and choose a seat. The food is then brought to you in an enclosed case that is a replica of Ms. Potts tea cart. It takes about ten minutes to receive your food, but the quality is well worth the wait.

Thirdly, the food is superb! The restaurants quick service options are on par with most table service restaurants. I personally had French onion soup (nearly identical to the one at Les Chefs De France), Croque Monsieur which is a
Grilled Sandwich with Ham, Gruyere Cheese, and Béchamel, Braised Pork (Coq Au Vin Style)
Which is Slow-cooked Pork with Mushrooms, Onions, Carrots, and Bacon served with Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans Jardinière, Lemon Raspberry Cream Puff that was filled with Lemon Custard and what is simply called "The Grey Stuff". It was delicious. If you don't believe me, ask the dishes. To drink I had the standard range of Coke products to choose from.

The portions were sufficient for three people, and it was a grand total of $32.

I will definitely be returning time and time again.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask!

UPDATE: Had dinner at BOG tonight. Details on page 6.

As promised:

Happily living in Celebration, FL

Recent Trips To Disney:

8/08 YC Club Level Turret Suite and CBR Check Out My Trip Report UPDATED 1/28 with Turret Suite Pics!: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1922686

12/08 DTD Hilton CL and GF RPC Details Here:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2029616

Last edited by thesupersmartguy; 10-30-2012 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Had dinner
thesupersmartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:56 PM   #2
STILLWISHING
WDW Fan since 1973

Thanks for the review! Now I need to know about dinner

AMY
STILLWISHING is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2012, 09:59 PM   #3
BuzzLiteyear
To infinity and beyond....or just drop me off at the Contemporary Resort!

Location: 978.19 miles just East of due North of CR (1161 by roads)

I've been away from the boards for a few days, when did they start serving lunch?
BuzzLiteyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:01 PM   #4
jdcthree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesupersmartguy
Hi Folks,

Just wanted to chime in and share some of my experience from lunch at Be Our Guest.

First, Disney has really outdone themselves on this one. The overall teaming of the restaurant is amazing and enchanting, a true Fairytale.

Secondly, the ordering process is definitely high tech. You receive a "rose" prior to placing your order. The rose is actually a RFID chip that acts as a tracker for you and is linked to your order. The entire underside of your table is a network of information letting the servers know where the food should be delivered. They find your location using an app on an iPhone 3G with an extended life battery attached. Before you place your order, you swipe the rose over a set of Mickey ears. This starts your ordering process. The kiosks are similar to the ones used at Pecos Bills and Contemporary Cafe. Once your order is placed, you retrieve your silverware and drinks and choose a seat. The food is then brought to you in an enclosed case that is a replica of Ms. Potts tea cart. It takes about ten minutes to receive your food, but the quality is well worth the wait.

Thirdly, the food is superb! The restaurants quick service options are on par with most table service restaurants. I personally had French onion soup (nearly identical to the one at Les Chefs De France), Croque Monsieur which is a
Grilled Sandwich with Ham, Gruyere Cheese, and Béchamel, Braised Pork (Coq Au Vin Style)
Which is Slow-cooked Pork with Mushrooms, Onions, Carrots, and Bacon served with Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans Jardinière, Lemon – Raspberry Cream Puff that was filled with Lemon Custard and what is simply called "The Grey Stuff". It was delicious. If you don't believe me, ask the dishes. To drink I had the standard range of Coke products to choose from.

The portions were sufficient for three people, and it was a grand total of $32.

I will definitely be returning time and time again.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask!
Thanks for the review! Were all 3 dining rooms open?
Polynesian 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005/06
jdcthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:01 PM   #5
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

Is it open to the public now? I mean every day, not special days or CM days. If not when? We will be there Nov. 3. Sounds great!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:05 PM   #6
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

Oh ya! Where are the pictures??
Old 10-23-2012, 10:12 PM   #7
thesupersmartguy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by STILLWISHING View Post
Thanks for the review! Now I need to know about dinner
Dinner details will be forthcoming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzLiteyear View Post
I've been away from the boards for a few days, when did they start serving lunch?
They are doing test and adjust which started yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcthree View Post
Thanks for the review! Were all 3 dining rooms open?
Yes, all 3 dining rooms were open. The west wing wasn't forbidden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro Z View Post
Is it open to the public now? I mean every day, not special days or CM days. If not when? We will be there Nov. 3. Sounds great!
The soft openings for day guests should begin on October 28th. Nov 6th is the more official date. Both of these are subject to change without notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro Z View Post
Oh ya! Where are the pictures??
I will be posting them as soon as I activate a photobucket account and pull them off my phone.

Recent Trips To Disney:

8/08 YC Club Level Turret Suite and CBR Check Out My Trip Report UPDATED 1/28 with Turret Suite Pics!: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1922686

12/08 DTD Hilton CL and GF RPC Details Here:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2029616
Old 10-23-2012, 10:16 PM   #8
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

Sounds good! I will be there until the 8th and hoped to try it out! We will be eating at the TS early Dec. But your review has me looking forward to QS too!!
Old 10-23-2012, 10:17 PM   #9
BlovesC
home is where the Yeti is!
When the ride attendants ask me to tug on the yellow strap on my seatbelt, I never do it. I just stare at them in defiance

Location: Originally Jersey Shore, now Central FL (hopefully not for much longer)

Are you a CM? We tried to get into FLE a couple times today and was told it was closed for CM previews. Or did they open it later in the day?

B & C , Local AP/TiW holders & resort junkies!
12/08: CR & SSR|10/09: VWL| 1/10:AKL&POFQ| 10/10:AKL| 1/11:CR| 2/11:POFQ| 1/12:AKL|5/12:BC|
9/12:BC| 10/12:SSR| 1/13:ASMu| 5/13:BC| 6/13:POP| 8/13:WL| 10/13:POFQ| 12/13:Disney Dream| 1/14: ASMu| 3/14: BC
BlovesC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:21 PM   #10
thesupersmartguy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlovesC View Post
Are you a CM? We tried to get into FLE a couple times today and was told it was closed for CM previews. Or did they open it later in the day?
Be Our Guest was not part of the regular CM previews. I am a CM that was provided vouchers for a complimentary quick service meal by the company. I was told they chose CMs at random and provided them with the opportunity. I am so glad they chose me!

Recent Trips To Disney:

Old 10-23-2012, 10:23 PM   #11
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

How was the braised pork?

Will it be hard to find a seat do you think?
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:19 PM   #12
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

Sounds great! I can't wait for December when we will be there.
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:33 PM   #13
AUDramaQueen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108
How was the braised pork?

Same questions I had!

Will the seating area only be open to those dining there or will it be open to everyone like most other cs places? Hoping it's closed unless you eat there or else it would be a mad house!
Old 10-24-2012, 12:12 AM   #14
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

What are/will be the lunch hours? I just today planed a solo trip for the Princess Half and of course there are no dinner ADRs to be had 4 months out. I only have two afternoons/evenings I can make it to MK and I want to make sure I get there early enough to eat lunch here!
Old 10-24-2012, 06:09 AM   #15
magicaldisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
My question as well.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: