Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 02:31 PM   #61
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lana772 View Post
I read it on twitter. via Disneyland Live- Candy Canes will be made at both Disneyland and California Adventure this year. (via DiningInDisney)
It sounds like now they are making it official! I actually heard the info about Trolley Treats 5 months ago, and posted about it in the Christmas Superthread shortly thereafter. At that time, it was not official or confirmed - and was still subject to change.

I had also speculated on whether or not Trolley Treats would replace Candy Palace as the Candy Cane Headquarters, or if it would be added in as another place to get them...thus, opening up the field for more people to be able to get them!

It sounds like both Candy Palace and Trolley Treats will be making the canes!

(And by the way, Trolley Treats has some fun holiday decorations inside - there is ribbon candy on the garland strings hanging from the ceiling!)

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:14 PM   #62
tborengasser
Earning My Ears

Can't wait to get my hand on one!
tborengasser is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2012, 04:50 PM   #63
Carolwoodpr
DIS Veteran

Me neither, and I want the ribbon candy from Trolley Treats too. I remember that from childhood.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:08 PM   #64
jkh1978
DIS Veteran

Saturdays and Tuesdays in DCA starting nov 24 until Christmas

Last edited by jkh1978; 11-18-2012 at 09:45 PM.
jkh1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:25 AM   #65
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

Someone on another Fan Site is reporting that the first official day is the 23rd.

I have seen nothing official from Disney.

- Dreams

Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:34 PM   #66
Briarrose1306
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkh1978 View Post
Saturdays and Tuesdays in DCA starting nov 24 until Christmas
So is it going to be the same as in years past such as lining up and having to get the tickets just on these days now or are there going to be a lot more available than in the past?
Disneyland - BW Anaheim October 2013 Little Brother's Birthday Trip
Disneyland - BW Anaheim June/July 2013 First Solo Trip
Disneyland - DLH April/May 2013 Birthday Trip
Disneyland - BW Stovall's Christmas 2012 Family Trip
Disneyland - BW Stovall's October 2012 Little Brother's Birthday Trip
Disneyland - BW Stovall's July 2012 First Disney Trip with Boyfriend
Disneyland - BW Stovall's & Anaheim Valentine's 2012 Family Trip
Disneyland - BW Anaheim December 2011 Brother/Sister Trip
Disneyland - BWPPI May 2011 Father/Daughter Trip - The Beginning of the Annual Passport
14 Disneyland Trips between 1984-2010
Briarrose1306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:49 PM   #67
theluckyrabbit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Dreams View Post
Someone on another Fan Site is reporting that the first official day is the 23rd.

I have seen nothing official from Disney.

- Dreams
A CM in Trolley Treats told me on Saturday that the candy canes are being made at nights in preparation for sale starting Friday, the 23rd. She said they will be sold at TT and at Marceline's in DtD. Disney is doing this to avoid the insanity of people camping out and stampeding like in years past. She didn't know any info about the Candy Kitchen on Main Street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briarrose1306 View Post
So is it going to be the same as in years past such as lining up and having to get the tickets just on these days now or are there going to be a lot more available than in the past?
See my answer above. According the the CM in Trolley Treats, Disney is trying to make more candy canes available in a less chaotic manner. Just hope this CM's info is accurate.
theluckyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:53 PM   #68
SueTGGR
Disney visits as often as money will allow-donations accepted

I posted on the super thread but I called the phone # for the candy kitchen and found out they are making candy canes 11/23
Grew up around Disneyland until I was silly enough to move away. Now make yearly (or more) trips from Nor Cal And now hoping to help others find their Paradise!
SueTGGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #69
DisneylandPlanner
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckyrabbit View Post
A CM in Trolley Treats told me on Saturday that the candy canes are being made at nights in preparation for sale starting Friday, the 23rd. She said they will be sold at TT and at Marceline's in DtD. Disney is doing this to avoid the insanity of people camping out and stampeding like in years past. She didn't know any info about the Candy Kitchen on Main Street.
If this is what is being done it begs the question WHY do people buy them?
Honestly I was looking forward to getting one because I could see them making them on stage at Disneyland. Otherwise why not buy any old candy cane that was made at night off site???
Honestly I will not wait for a ticket or stand in line for these, so I guess one less person.

Here you leave the world of
yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy
and enter today

Last edited by DisneylandPlanner; 11-19-2012 at 05:51 PM. Reason: more thoughts
DisneylandPlanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:48 PM   #70
GeneralTso
DIS Veteran

I really don't mean to start a riot or be blasphemous, but it IS just a candy cane, right?
What makes it so special. Is it a magical Disney candy cane?
I don't get the hysteria.
GeneralTso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:00 PM   #71
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneylandPlanner

If this is what is being done it begs the question WHY do people buy them?
Honestly I was looking forward to getting one because I could see them making them on stage at Disneyland. Otherwise why not buy any old candy cane that was made at night off site???
Honestly I will not wait for a ticket or stand in line for these, so I guess one less person.
If what is posted above is indeed what is happening, they are still the same candy canes, made on-site. Does it matter if you see them making them or not? If so, curious why? I don't get that part. To be truthful, I don't get the entire candy cane thing, but of you know they are made fresh on-site, why does seeing it make the difference? Thanks for sharing.

- Dreams

Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:46 PM   #72
aan1701
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralTso
I really don't mean to start a riot or be blasphemous, but it IS just a candy cane, right?
What makes it so special. Is it a magical Disney candy cane?
I don't get the hysteria.
I said the same thing a few days ago. I was able to get one after reading a the hype last year. It was just a candy cane. That's it. Nothing special except its over priced price tag. After getting one I don't understand either so you are not alone.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards
DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.
aan1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:46 PM   #73
DisneylandPlanner
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Dreams

If what is posted above is indeed what is happening, they are still the same candy canes, made on-site. Does it matter if you see them making them or not? If so, curious why? I don't get that part. To be truthful, I don't get the entire candy cane thing, but of you know they are made fresh on-site, why does seeing it make the difference? Thanks for sharing.

- Dreams
I think it makes a big difference, it is why I always buy the candy they are making fresh in the candy window. So fresh and special to see the artisan skill p close. It is special to see them make it and then get to eat it. Otherwise I do think it is just an overpriced candy cane.
Just a point, this is my reasoning, I do not think this is why others by the candy canes.

Here you leave the world of
yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy
and enter today
DisneylandPlanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:52 PM   #74
lana772
Disneyland Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneylandPlanner

I think it makes a big difference, it is why I always buy the candy they are making fresh in the candy window. So fresh and special to see the artisan skill p close. It is special to see them make it and then get to eat it. Otherwise I do think it is just an overpriced candy cane.
Just a point, this is my reasoning, I do not think this is why others by the candy canes.
I agree. It's the experience not the candy.
lana772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:56 AM   #75
theluckyrabbit
DIS Veteran

And in addition to the whole magical experience, the candy canes look just beautiful. They are large and have the special sheen that comes from hand pulled sugar. Factory cut candy canes can't compare. We love to watch the candy makers make the canes and the joy of holding your own freshly made cane at DL is a holiday highlight. But we also have bought the ready made canes because those were shipped overseas as gifts, so the immediate freshness would have worn off anyway.
theluckyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: