Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2012, 07:23 PM   #1
Lyn-CA
DIS Veteran

WWYD re. early ADR at Crystal Palace

I'm holding an ADR for 8:35 am for Crystal Palace on a non-EMH day. I have been checking for days to see if an earlier one opened up but so far no luck. However, when I change the party size from 3 to 2, the 8:05 is available. It's for DH, myself and 2 year old DS.

Should I change it to a party of two? My DS eats breakfast around 7 am and we plan on having lunch at Be Our Guest when it first opens at 11 am so we're trying to space out breakfast and lunch more evenly especially since Crystal Palace is a buffet.

TIA
AoA/Wyndham Bonnet Creek 1/13*POR/CBR/Swan/Contemporary 12/07*Disneyland Grand Californian b-day trip 9/06*Disneyland Hotel b-day trip 9/04*AKL 8/03*Disneyland 12/02*Beach Club & Magic 5/00* Disneyland b-day trip 9/99*Sports & WL 9/98
BEFORE DISCOVERING TRUE DISNEY MAGIC:
Disneyland 12/89*Disneyland 7/86
Lyn-CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:28 PM   #2
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn-CA View Post
I'm holding an ADR for 8:35 am for Crystal Palace on a non-EMH day. I have been checking for days to see if an earlier one opened up but so far no luck. However, when I change the party size from 3 to 2, the 8:05 is available. It's for DH, myself and 2 year old DS.

Should I change it to a party of two? My DS eats breakfast around 7 am and we plan on having lunch at Be Our Guest when it first opens at 11 am so we're trying to space out breakfast and lunch more evenly especially since Crystal Palace is a buffet.

TIA
No, since you'll have 3 you shouldn't change it to 2. Even though he's not paying for the buffet, he'll need a place to sit. You don't want to make it for 2, show up with 3 and then have to wait even longer to be seated than if you would have just kept the original.

Just keep checking.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:45 AM   #3
GillianP1301
DIS Veteran

I would be nervous to book a lower number for fear of the scenario the pp said, of having to wait even longer than your original ressie once you got there. Have you checked for a table of 4? There was one of my ADRs last trip that I could only evern find times with 4 (we were also a party of 3) and ended up taking that one with no issue since, for the most part, there aren't any tables for 3 anyway, you're 3 people sitting at a table for 4.
Caribbean Beach Resort - Aug 2012 - First visit with DS4
Disneyland - 2003 - Solo business trip
WDW Offsite - 1997 - 5th Anniversary
WDW Offsite - 1992 - Honeymooon
WDW Offsite - 1986 - First WDW trip
GillianP1301 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: