Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2012, 07:18 PM   #1
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

ADR right before park closes

We will be staying at the Beach Club. We booked a late dinner at Teppan Edo that is 10 minutes before park closing. When we are done I assume we can exit the park...can we exit at the WS gateway in the back near the Beach Club?

Here are our ADRs that have been tweaked a dozen times...any thoughts?
1/25 fly in and land at 1:40pm...dinner at San Angel 5:30...late hours at Epcot til 11pm
1/26 Yak and Yet lunch at 1:30 and Teppan Edo dinner at 8:50 (Epcot closes at 9pm)
1/27 Kouzzina dinner at 5:15...late hours at MK til 11pm
1/28 Garden Grill dinner at 5:30 (not doing late hours at HS)
1/29 Ohana 16th birthday dinner for DS at 9:15pm also finale to trip

Teppan, Kouzzina and Garden Grill are firsts for us. Y&Y and Ohana are family faves/must do's.

Just discovered that Teppan Edo does not take TIW card and we will be using that. What would you replace it with: Chefs De France, Via Napoli (or would you just go there to grab a pizza for lunch? How big is the large pizza there...14 inches?) or Mama Melrose?

Last edited by lovin'fl; 10-23-2012 at 07:47 PM.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:02 AM   #2
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Tweaked again...any thoughts? I think we got it this time....maybe?!?!
1/25 fly in and land at 1:40pm...dinner at San Angel 5:30...late hours at Epcot til 11pm
1/26 Yak and Yet lunch at 1:30 and Chefs De France dinner at 8:30 (Epcot closes at 9pm and I heard we can walk back to BCV through the IG after park closing)
1/27 Kouzzina dinner at 5:15...late hours at MK til 11pm
1/28 Garden Grill dinner at 5:30 (not doing late hours at HS)
1/29 Ohana 16th birthday dinner for DS at 9:15pm also finale to trip

Might walk in for lunch at Via Napoli. How big is the large pizza there...14 inches?

Last edited by lovin'fl; 10-26-2012 at 05:49 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2012, 12:17 PM   #3
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Regarding IG - it will be open. My family likes to eat late dinners and enjoy walking out of a quiet park (we generally stay at BW).
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:00 AM   #4
vdub322
Are we there yet?

We will be there the same time as you...1/24-1/31...and we are also planning to do TIW. From what I understand, Yak and Yeti doesn't accept it either. Teppan Edo is a favorite of ours that we won't be doing this trip, and we wanted to try Yak and Yeti, but was disappointed to see they don't accept it. I think they do give an Annual Pass discount if you have that.

I would love to try Kouzzina for dinner, since my husband loves Greek food and we are staying at BWV. And I think that 'Ohana is the perfect finale for your trip!

Enjoy!

vdub322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:36 AM   #5
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdub322 View Post
We will be there the same time as you...1/24-1/31...and we are also planning to do TIW. From what I understand, Yak and Yeti doesn't accept it either. Teppan Edo is a favorite of ours that we won't be doing this trip, and we wanted to try Yak and Yeti, but was disappointed to see they don't accept it. I think they do give an Annual Pass discount if you have that.

I would love to try Kouzzina for dinner, since my husband loves Greek food and we are staying at BWV. And I think that 'Ohana is the perfect finale for your trip!

Enjoy!
Yak and Yeti takes AAA discount and it's one of our must do's. We go for a lunch and then share a couple things amongst all of of us...though this time I may splurge and let everyone order their own thing. Did you make ADRs? It appears to not be a big problem getting ADRs (except a few places like BOG). We may end up changing things up along the way...though Ohana will likely stay as the last night (DS turns 16 on the 31st). Do your kids have a few days off around then too? My kids have off on the 28th and 29th and they only have a half day on the 25th...but they will miss a whole day on the 30th.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:42 AM   #6
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I had lunch at Yak & Yeti yesterday. It was very good. Vdub322, you are correct...they do not accept TiW, but they do give a discount on entrees only for AP holders (they will need to see you AP for approval by a manager).
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:44 AM   #7
vdub322
Are we there yet?

We currently don't have an ADR there, but DD13 wants to try it so bad and I've heard such great things about it! Right now we have an ADR at Tusker House for lunch on the 26th. Not sure if we will keep it. I am really leaning toward Y&Y so it's helpful to hear that it's a 'must do' for you.

We are trying to go more "freestyle" this time, so it's good to see that there's a lot of availability left. I hope it stays that way! We have three ADRs scheduled right now...BOG for dinner on the 25th, Tusker House for lunch on the 26th (might change to Y&Y and use our AP discount!!!!!) and Le Cellier on the 28th (our wedding anniversary). We want to try to schedule same-day ADRs in the morning when we decide our park.

Is San Angel a repeat or must do for you? I really would like to try a TS meal in Mexico...

Old 10-27-2012, 08:34 PM   #8
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We currently don't have an ADR there, but DD13 wants to try it so bad and I've heard such great things about it! Right now we have an ADR at Tusker House for lunch on the 26th. Not sure if we will keep it. I am really leaning toward Y&Y so it's helpful to hear that it's a 'must do' for you.

We are trying to go more "freestyle" this time, so it's good to see that there's a lot of availability left. I hope it stays that way! We have three ADRs scheduled right now...BOG for dinner on the 25th, Tusker House for lunch on the 26th (might change to Y&Y and use our AP discount!!!!!) and Le Cellier on the 28th (our wedding anniversary). We want to try to schedule same-day ADRs in the morning when we decide our park.

Is San Angel a repeat or must do for you? I really would like to try a TS meal in Mexico...
We were going to 'freestyle' it too, but have ended up making ADRs and even changed them several times. I figure we can cancel (except for Ohana and GG as they took a credit card hold) and go somewhere else if our schedule doesn't work. I am envious of you BOG ADR. I had an available resie pulled up and DH said 'nah' when I asked if we should book it. Then, while reading some threads here on CC about BOG, he says to me "we should book this place"....ughhhh. They're wasn't anything available anymore. That's ok though...I think we've got a good selection now. San Angel Inn will be a 2nd visit for us. Our kids really like Mexican food and while SA is not the best Mexican out there, it does have the awesome ambiance. And I am dying to get a blood orange margarita. Le Cellier is one of our faves too. We tried like crazy to get it last Xmas day for our big family trip (with the inlaws)...no luck (I did get a table for 7 and held out for a while for a 2nd table for 8). We'd like to try Tusker House...my SIL's family LOVE it. Well, I am really excited to get down there. My SIL and BIL are there now for the F&W. They went to Jiko tonight....mmmmm. I text her every day to see where they are going for dinner. They did the F&W last night and really liked it. They are coming home early, tomorrow, to get home before the big storm. I hope we don't have any troubles with weather for our trip. Are you flying? Where do you fly out of? We are flying on Southwest from BWI. Last Xmas we flew on Jetblue from Reagan Intl and that was the 1st time we flew as DH likes to save money by driving (UGGGHHH). He wanted to go so bad in January that he was willing to shell out for airfare...thank goodness.

Last edited by lovin'fl; 10-27-2012 at 08:44 PM.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:39 PM   #9
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment_jii View Post
I had lunch at Yak & Yeti yesterday.
Lucky!!!
Old 10-28-2012, 09:10 AM   #10
vdub322
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
We were going to 'freestyle' it too, but have ended up making ADRs and even changed them several times. I figure we can cancel (except for Ohana and GG as they took a credit card hold) and go somewhere else if our schedule doesn't work. I am envious of you BOG ADR. I had an available resie pulled up and DH said 'nah' when I asked if we should book it. Then, while reading some threads here on CC about BOG, he says to me "we should book this place"....ughhhh. They're wasn't anything available anymore. That's ok though...I think we've got a good selection now. San Angel Inn will be a 2nd visit for us. Our kids really like Mexican food and while SA is not the best Mexican out there, it does have the awesome ambiance. And I am dying to get a blood orange margarita. Le Cellier is one of our faves too. We tried like crazy to get it last Xmas day for our big family trip (with the inlaws)...no luck (I did get a table for 7 and held out for a while for a 2nd table for 8). We'd like to try Tusker House...my SIL's family LOVE it. Well, I am really excited to get down there. My SIL and BIL are there now for the F&W. They went to Jiko tonight....mmmmm. I text her every day to see where they are going for dinner. They did the F&W last night and really liked it. They are coming home early, tomorrow, to get home before the big storm. I hope we don't have any troubles with weather for our trip. Are you flying? Where do you fly out of? We are flying on Southwest from BWI. Last Xmas we flew on Jetblue from Reagan Intl and that was the 1st time we flew as DH likes to save money by driving (UGGGHHH). He wanted to go so bad in January that he was willing to shell out for airfare...thank goodness.
We are flying Southwest from BWI too! We live in State College, PA and BWI is an easier drive than PIT or PHL and cheaper than State College or Harrisburg. Plus, we wanted a nonstop flight. DH insisted on driving before too! We drove in April and the kids hated it, and (just like you!) DH was so excited to go back again soon that he agreed we should shell out the $$ to fly. I can't wait to leave my house and be there the same day!

I want to try Jiko so bad!! AKV is our home resort and we stayed there in April for the second half of a split stay. This trip was orignally booked there too, but we decided to change to BWV so we could enjoy more time at Epcot...we love it and the kids do too! And I would LOVE to go during F&W...hoping to do that for a future trip.

I hope the BOG reservation is worth it. I'm not super excited about the menu, but we are excited about the new Fantasyland and my DDs are huge Beauty and the Beast fans. I called and booked it the day reservations opened up.

I might try SA Inn for this trip. The kids love the "pyramid" and Mommy loves margaritas! And especially TIW-discounted margaritas!

Old 10-28-2012, 09:12 AM   #11
vdub322
Are we there yet?

Also, I hope your family has safe travels! The storm is heading right for us too and I really hope we don't lose power. Hopefully there is no extreme weather around the time of our trips!!!

Old 10-28-2012, 08:51 PM   #12
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

SIL and BIL are home safe (thanks for your wishes)...sad to leave FL, but glad to be home for the storm. Jiko is delish!!! I was nervous to try it but so glad we did...it's our fave signature place (though we haven't been to them all). I agree with you on the TIW discounted margaritas...one of the reasons we like the TIW card over getting the DP. I think that BOG will be neat to try. I'd like to at least try a CS lunch there, but if it's too crazy crowded then we'll pass.

I too love that we'll get there the same day with flying. We're getting there around 2-something. We'll go to the resort, check in, buy park tickets and head over to Epcot for extra magic late hours. Works out perfectly.

We were in State College this summer for a softball tourney. Love that area. It was a nice drive from here...very scenic. We went to Penn St to get ice cream at the creamery (actually went twice in one weekend...mmmm, it was good). Hopefully you guys won't have too much of an issue with this storm. I did hear that out west, in the mountain areas, there would be snow. Are you guys going to get snow? Well, hopefully this won't be as bad as they're saying. I really am hoping my basement doesn't flood. Stay safe!

Last edited by lovin'fl; 10-29-2012 at 09:05 AM.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:39 AM   #13
vdub322
Are we there yet?

The BOG counter service does look awesome! I think it's great that they have that option instead of making it TS all day. It is nice to not NEED the ADR in order to enjoy what looks like an amazing ambience!

We are arriving at Orlando at 1:40pm on the 24th. This is the first time we have ever done Magical Express so I hope everything goes smoothly. I'm very familiar with the Orlando airport because I lived in the Daytona Beach area for a few years. I hope the process doesn't take too long because I'm anxious to check out the Boardwalk area for the first time. I've only ever been in that area on the boats between Epcot and DHS, so it's all new to me! And I can't wait to check out the Beach Club because I would love to stay there sometime too! Maybe we will eat at Cape May or Beaches and Cream!

That's so cool that you are familiar with my area!! It is such a nice area. And we LOVE the Creamery!! DH works at PSU and I drop by for some ice cream every time I visit him. We are expecting 4-8 inches of rain and high winds. The schools are all closed and I am hoping we don't lose power!

Old 10-29-2012, 10:46 AM   #14
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment_jii View Post
I had lunch at Yak & Yeti yesterday. It was very good. Vdub322, you are correct...they do not accept TiW, but they do give a discount on entrees only for AP holders (they will need to see you AP for approval by a manager).
Lucky Duck!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: