Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 12:18 PM   #16
KMarston
Mouseketeer

In 2009 we got to EPCOT over an hour before opening. There may have been 50 of us gathered there. Someone in green (The Mayor?) invited all of the early birds into the park and the gates were locked behind us. There was a short presentation (I'm partially deaf so I can't tell you what exactly was said) then we were led to the area beyond Innovations and were entertained by a high school marching band. Everyone was then lead into Soaring to ride! After the ride finished they invited anyone who would like to to remain for an additional ride. My DS was so excited and I was getting very dizzy, so I closed my eyes and made it through. Again they invited the crowd to remain. I looked at DS and said, I'll be waiting at the exit! He rode it 4 times in a row! When he exited the masses where just storming the place!

We've only missed rope drop once in all of my years going to Disney and that was because it was hailing and storming! We've had quite a few surprises by being there early. The family in front of us at MK was asked to join the opening ceremony one year.
KMarston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:12 AM   #17
MinnieMO
he touched the butt?!?!

I've always wanted to do a rope drop but my family are not really morning people so on this solo trip I wanna do as many as possible

What should I expect at the end of January as far as crowds at rope drop, I know it will be lower then our normal crowd levels through out the day(usual trips April-May)

Me 24 : 96 off-site
05 POR and 07,10,12,13,14 POP Century
MinnieMO is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: