Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2012, 11:23 PM   #16
elaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmgreenesq View Post
You guys as scaring me with all the hate for the Beach Club Club Level. I've due to check in for my first Club Level stay at WDW and I'm staying at the Beach Club.

I picked the Beach Club because of its proximity to EPCOT and the finish line of the Wine & Dine Half Marathon (a short stagger). I went Club Level because only my wife and I are going on this trip. No kids on this trip and I wanted something extra special.

I normally stay at one of the unremarkable motels in Kissimmee or on I-drive and day trip the House of Mouse. The only and only time I stayed on property was at the Port Orleans French Quarter.

Please tell me I didn't waste my money.

Rick
I really liked the BC
Old 10-24-2012, 05:43 AM   #17
DeluxePrincess
Humming the Farm Town song...

I've only stayed at BWI CL and thought it was overrated. The lounge area itself was nice but wasn't overly impressed with the food or CMs for the price it cost.
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2012, 05:50 AM   #18
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxePrincess View Post
I've only stayed at BWI CL and thought it was overrated. The lounge area itself was nice but wasn't overly impressed with the food or CMs for the price it cost.
This is kind of how I feel about CL in general. We spent 10 nights at WL CL in July. Don't get me wrong, we LOVED the WL!! We also loved the CL CM's and thought they were absolutely wonderful. The food was really yummy. The only negative is the cost. We decided to splurge because it was our 10 year anniversary and I definitely don't regret it....we absolutely enjoyed our experience but I can't see myself paying for it again.

The dollar for dollar value is not even close. I would say that you could probably get what we got out of the lounge for about $150?!? And you have to pay at least $100/night extra (if on a great discount) to $250/extra per night if paying rack rates.

I'm glad we got to experience it, and I think we picked an excellent CL to try. But, IMHO, the extra expense is not worth it for our family.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:37 AM   #19
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You guys as scaring me with all the hate for the Beach Club Club Level. I've due to check in for my first Club Level stay at WDW and I'm staying at the Beach Club.

I picked the Beach Club because of its proximity to EPCOT and the finish line of the Wine & Dine Half Marathon (a short stagger). I went Club Level because only my wife and I are going on this trip. No kids on this trip and I wanted something extra special.
I know! My family is staying BC CL this trip and I sure do hope we love it! We have only stayed CL one time and that was at AKL. It was amazing. We normally do not think we need it but because a portion of our trip is during Thanksgiving time we wanted to use the resort more. I have to say that so far, the IPO has been wonderful.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:43 AM   #20
tinkermommyof3
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I normally stay at one of the unremarkable motels in Kissimmee or on I-drive and day trip the House of Mouse. The only and only time I stayed on property was at the Port Orleans French Quarter.

Please tell me I didn't waste my money.

Rick
We like CL so we just don't have a room for our entire stay. It is nice to be able to wander down the hall without going to a QS location to get a beverage or snack when not in the parks. It is nice to have another place to sit and read or watch TV (if seating is available). There is a place to go before your room is ready on check-in day and while waiting for ME on check-out day. It just helps us relax more on our vacation. We don't feel that is a waste of our money. We hope you have the same experience.

Last edited by tinkermommyof3; 10-24-2012 at 06:48 AM.
tinkermommyof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:44 PM   #21
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionMouse View Post
You might want to focus on one that may fit your expectations, rather than one to avoid. Sort of the same line of thought we apply to selecting a restaurant. You also do not know what clubs people have stayed at and what their expecting.
Great answer MissionMouse. We have stayed CL in several resorts and BC is our absolute favorite. But we enjoy the BC resort so it stands to reason we would love BC lounge.

Have we always found a seat. No..... Not at peak times. So we avoid peak times (a good WDW trick if I may say so myself). Our CM's have always been wonderful. Can I say they are always wonderful. No. I'm not always there so I guess there could be a bad one.

So you folks that are wanting to try BC CL I say go try. You may love it like I do.

MickeyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:30 PM   #22
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

We've stayed CL at the WL and GF (both SL & RPC). I didn't care for GF SL. RPC is my favorite, but WL runs a close second. I wouldn't advise someone not to stay SL just because I didn't care for it as everyone's likes and dislikes are different and what I didn't like about it, someone else might love. Same goes for any other CL. Alot of people have commented that CL wasn't worth the extra money for the food you get. I would have to agree with that as the difference in cost for a regular room and CL can buy alot of snacks & drinks, but we don't stay CL for the food. We like having the lounge to sit and relax instead of sitting in the room or around the resort. The lounge is also convenient to go to in the morning when others are getting ready. With all of that said, I would try the CL that appeals to you as you won't know if it's to your liking unless you experience it for yourself. Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:41 PM   #23
Tinkerkell007
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
I have stayed at 4 Club levels. I would rank in order:

1. Poly
2.Wl
3.YC
4.BC.

BW,GF and AKl are on my bucket list. I have a feeling they will rank above Yc and BC.
I agree with other posters that BC is not that great. Polyi by far hadsthe best kids selections and offerings. They also had a variety of fruit not sure what pp was talking about. The best thing about the Poly Cl is the Pog juice and the alcoholic Poly punch. Yum.
Well as I said, when I was there they did not. So, I don't know. When were you there? I was there a little less than a month ago and that was what I experienced.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:59 PM   #24
osugal
Mouseketeer

We stayed BC CL last fall and absolutely loved it. It's our favorite. The lounge is smaller than the others but it makes it cozy. We never once were not able to get a table. Loved the food and the CMs. Don't be nervous. You'll have a great time. Oh and you will be in Epcot in less than 5 minutes.
osugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:07 AM   #25
IWISHFORDISNEY
Cant get enough of the mouse!
It was tricky with only one bathroom
I will never ever forget that embarrassing episode of being farted upon

Location: The First State but wishing it was the Sunshine State...

Here is my ranking of the ones we stayed at in order of liking them:
1. Poly Castle view (most amazing time but it was my sons 1st birthday and the staff went over an above what they needed to do for the party we had) 2011

2. AKL (great staff and very attentive for my older sons birthday) 2006
3. CR (the view was amazing) 2010
4. BC 2003
5. GF eeehhh (we stayed sugarloaf RPC may be better) 2009
6. WL really didnt like this at all our room was a suite very far away and the staff was not helpful at all. 2007

This year we are doing YC so I can fill you in on that in a few days

Old 10-25-2012, 09:07 PM   #26
MissionMouse
DIS Veteran

We also enjoyed our BC Club level stay. Its easy to take a break from SAB. Its also easy to get food from the QS location downstairs and bring it up to the club to relax. Daytime offerings are like all clubs - minimal. Evening food offering were nice. Noting we notice the decline in all resort club offerings and mainstreaming of offerings too. Easy example are PR Club no longer offer pineapple bread or Kona beer...focus on cost over theming.

BC itself is a great location to Epcot and DHS. It actually a lounge about the size of two standard rooms. Food and beverage line was kept clean and stocked. CMs were as engaging to the level you engaged them with a nice smile they would go to the staging area to get items not on the line. An example is get QS downstairs and bring it up to the lounge. Ask for a beer or two..no problem.

Overall, Disney is what you make it and you don't have to break the bank to capture the magic which is actually inside you. Over planning can lead to disappointment.

Disney World - Magic Kingdom Entrance - Walk Around The World Brick Owner
Boardwalk Inn Photos
Typhoon Lagoon Photos
Wishes-Fireworks from PR & MK Photo Album - 30 Photos
Sea World and Marriott Rennaissance SW - Photo Album - 40+ Photos
Disney World Park and Deluxe Resort Photographs
MissionMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:54 PM   #27
Epcotgal
Mouseketeer

We had good experiences at both BC and Poly CL. But we didn't expect pampering or an endless buffet either. We've stayed Concierge Level at nice hotel chains in many cities. I think some have unreal expectations of CL at WDW.
Epcotgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:27 PM   #28
TJA
DIS Veteran

We have only tried 3 club levels. Our order, favorite to least favorite:
1) BC
2) CR
3) Poly
We love all 3, though, but I ranked them for this thread. BC will always be our favorite as the CM's have gone out of their ways to make our stays very special. We love the cozy lounge too. CR was a surprise love for us due to the layout of the lounge and the absolute amazing view. It feels weird ranking poly last because we really loved the food and special beverages offered there, but the overall feel of staying concierge didn't feel special to us. We had zero interaction with CM's. However, we would stay there again -- it's not that we didn't like it -- we just rate BC and CR a bit better.
2006 ~ YC & BC
2007 ~ Poly & BC & CR
2008 ~ POR & WL & BC
2009 ~ CBR & BC CL
2010 ~ Poly & CR / BC CL
2011 ~ BC CL & Poly CL
2012 ~ WL & BC CL / CR CL
2013 ~ BC CL & Poly CL & WL CL
2014 ~ Poly CL TPV & BC CL, Poly CL TPV again
TJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:05 AM   #29
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

Of our three CL stays, I would rank GF (we've stayed in both RPC and SL) first, WL second and Poly third.
dreamcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:37 AM   #30
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

We've stayed at a few years ago and what you must look at is justifying cost over what they provide.... Years ago CL was decently priced and offerings were bigger through out the day.....

CL, was it nice...yes . Different.... Yes. Worth the cost.... No! They have out priced themselves on cost vs offerings..... As for helpful, what.... You serve yourself so CM's don't do alot, other than the IPO, but most people already have all their dining reservations... And they can't get you into hard places that are booked..so what do you really get for the $$$...?.

Overall, CL is a waste to us anywhere anymore.... Our best CL stay back in the day was at WL, but that's years ago and we've looked at the cost per day, and we do a grocery stop and load our regular room with more stuff than CL offers at half the cost,,,....if its your bag to splurge on CL, more power to you... Anymore we feel its a waste of money and pass.

DIS Dads Club Member

Last edited by pepe of ohio; 10-26-2012 at 07:32 AM.
pepe of ohio is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: