Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2012, 03:12 PM   #1
mouseketeermama
Mouseketeer

What is your least favorite Club Level

Trying to decide which CL to avoid.

Just a married to my raising our littleand tiny
mouseketeermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:15 PM   #2
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Beach Club!!!! Very small, rooms can be very far away! Hallways dirty and dingy..
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2012, 03:19 PM   #3
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I have not done Poly or WL but out of all of the others, BC is also my least favorite.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:59 PM   #4
baler31
DIS Veteran

Beach Club, same reasons as above. Small lounge, not as engaged CM's. Have not not stayed at AKL.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:35 PM   #5
gogo
DIS Veteran

Beach Club was also my least favorite because of small lounge, food was lacking especially evening appetizers and CM's were not too helpful. I was not overly impressed with the Poly CL. It was always crowded and the food usually seemed messy and not kept very neat. I know the Poly is an older resort but the lounge furnishings just felt drab. I thought the lagoon view room in the Hawaii building was one of the best I've ever experienced at Disney. It was really special.
gogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:10 PM   #6
lala3291
DIS Veteran

BC CL was our least favorite as well. Our first CL stay there was in 2005, and we had a Deluxe room on the first floor. The room was way too far away for us with it being on the fifth floor, and we did not utilize the lounge nearly as much as we would have liked to.

We decided to use CL at the BC again in March of 2011. We had a standard room on the fifth floor. The CMs there were not engaging or friendly at all, especially compared to the CMs at the BWI where they are so wonderful. We were not impressed with the lounge offerings either. Also, the lounge was very small and our family of 5 had a hard time finding a place to sit, especially in the mornings. We usually brought our food back to the room.

I don't mean to be a downer, I love WDW, but we won't be returning to CL at the BC. We would stay sometime in the future at the BC without CL.

March '98- BC March '00- BWI Feb. '04- BWI Sept '05 BC Nov. '06 -GF Oct. '07- GF August '08-GF Feb. '09- BWI May '10- BWI March '11- BC May '11- BWI July '11- BWI Nov. '11- GF Feb. '12- BC July '12- Poly Nov. '12- GF New Year's '13- Poly Feb. '13- POR June '13- WL August '13- YC Dec. '13- GF March '14- BC July '14- BWI March '15- Poly
Nov. '15- GF
lala3291 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:35 PM   #7
Kimberle
WL Vet

Did all you stay at BC Club before OR after it was expanded and remodeled?
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level
Kimberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:41 PM   #8
MissionMouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouseketeermama View Post
Trying to decide which CL to avoid.
You might want to focus on one that may fit your expectations, rather than one to avoid. Sort of the same line of thought we apply to selecting a restaurant. You also do not know what clubs people have stayed at and what their expecting. Personally, we have stayed at WL, PR, GF, BWI, BC and AKL club levels. We would rate the WL on the bottom. I would also note club level is in decline in its offerings, so the price has to be right to get our attention these days. You can also make your own ADRs ensuring no errors. IPO's can't make that claim.

Disney World - Magic Kingdom Entrance - Walk Around The World Brick Owner
Boardwalk Inn Photos
Typhoon Lagoon Photos
Wishes-Fireworks from PR & MK Photo Album - 30 Photos
Sea World and Marriott Rennaissance SW - Photo Album - 40+ Photos
Disney World Park and Deluxe Resort Photographs
MissionMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:19 PM   #9
elaw
DIS Veteran

I've stayed at all except CR and POLY and BWI was my least favorite of all of them ... It's certainly not horrible by any stretch of the imagination but since i think they are all pretty good, I'll resort to nit picking here for the sake of argument. So here it goes ....
Compared to the others, The lounge is an awfull long way from the main elevators and I didnt really like having a CM desk in the lounge (facing us as we were eating). They also seemed to be the only CL that didn't have a fridge for beverages ... just a tub filled with ice.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:23 PM   #10
lbv7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberle View Post
If the current BC lounge was expanded, I would hate to see the size of the previous one.
The one that exists today is by far the smallest of any of the CL lounges of the Deluxe Resorts. At times it is impossible to get a table, sort of ruining the CL experience.
lbv7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:20 PM   #11
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberle
Both. It went from being a closet to a walk-in closet.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:29 PM   #12
Tinkerkell007
Mouseketeer

I've stayed at Poly CL, BC CL, and AKL CL. I'd rank them as BC being my fav and Poly being my least fav.

BC is my favorite because of the offerings. I'm sort of a picky eater and they had more food I liked there. AKL was good, but again I'm sorta picky so I didn't like too many things they had to offer. Poly was my least favorite because of the breakfast and desserts. I felt out of all the CL Poly lacked the most choices here. I thought that it was going to be the best but I was dissapointed. Usually CL have all sorts of fruit for breakfast (i.e. blueberries, strawberries, melons, pineapple, etc.) but Poly offered only melon. The dessert was the same story. They had 2 things offered and most nights they were not worth the walk down the hall.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:53 PM   #13
padawans
DIS Veteran

I have stayed at 4 Club levels. I would rank in order:

1. Poly
2.Wl
3.YC
4.BC.

BW,GF and AKl are on my bucket list. I have a feeling they will rank above Yc and BC.
I agree with other posters that BC is not that great. Polyi by far hadsthe best kids selections and offerings. They also had a variety of fruit not sure what pp was talking about. The best thing about the Poly Cl is the Pog juice and the alcoholic Poly punch. Yum.
padawans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:28 PM   #14
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Can only speak for poly and WL and they were both amazing. Loved loved loved. I've heard awful things about bc.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:18 AM   #15
rmgreenesq
Toadi Acceleratio Semper Absurda

You guys as scaring me with all the hate for the Beach Club Club Level. I've due to check in for my first Club Level stay at WDW and I'm staying at the Beach Club.

I picked the Beach Club because of its proximity to EPCOT and the finish line of the Wine & Dine Half Marathon (a short stagger). I went Club Level because only my wife and I are going on this trip. No kids on this trip and I wanted something extra special.

I normally stay at one of the unremarkable motels in Kissimmee or on I-drive and day trip the House of Mouse. The only and only time I stayed on property was at the Port Orleans French Quarter.

Please tell me I didn't waste my money.

Rick
rmgreenesq is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: