Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2012, 04:26 PM   #31
dsneygirl
My little pirate is here
The mixed drinks always tasted yummy to me

Last trip was me, DH and our 6 year old. (baby just ate off our plates) We averaged $100/day using TiW and we had wine/cocktails with several meals. I think $150 is very reasonable unless you are a doing a buffet every day (about $30pp+) we also did a lot of lunches which is usually cheaper and a lot less busy in the restaurants. We also had our own bottled water.
FW 1980, 1984, 1988, DxL 1992, Canada Pavillon CM July 1997-July 1998, (Met DH at the BeaverTails shack) Off site Feb 1999 Engaged at Cindy's Sept 2000, DL GC Feb 2001, POFQ Sept 2001, Poly June 2002, Off site March 2003, FW Hallowe'en 2003, GF Xmas 2003, DisneyLand Oct 2004, FW May 2005 Joined DVC June 2005 SSR Oct 2005, OKW Dec 2005, DLH Mar 2006,DS's 1st Trip BCV & CBR Oct 2006, VWL & POR Dec 2006, BCV & POR May 2007, BWV & ASM Aug 2007, SSR Oct 2007 VWL Dec 2007, AKL/VWL Sept 2008, March 2009 Pop/BCV, Disney Wonder and AKV/BCV May 2009, AKL/VWL Sept 2009, OKW Dec 2009,Mar 2010 Disney Wonder and BLT, May 2010 AKL, Aug 2010 VWL/BCV,Dec 2010 AKL, Feb 2011 Disney Dream/VWL, May 2011 BLT, Sept 2011 VGC, Oct 2011 SSR, Aulani June 2012, BCV/VWL Sept 2012, AKV/BLT Sept 2013, Dec 2013 VWL/DisneyDream
(me)(DH)(DS 7) (DS 2)

dsneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:31 PM   #32
nanhol
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybones27
I think $150 is very reasonable. We are paying out of pocket this trip for the first time in a long time. We figured out on our last trip that we'd sometimes rather eat and appetizer instead of dessert or just have an app for dinner if we just weren't overly hungry by the time our ADR rolled around. We were very big into the DP, but we've noticed changes in our eating habits so OOP seems like a better choice.

Sometimes even though you want a sit down and quick service everyday doesn't mean the DP is always the best option. It's very easy to spend less then the dining plan since you'll most likely eat the way you want and not the way you feel you'll get the most value out .

I think $150 is definitely a good number, but what you should do is look at the menus of the sit down places and just do a rough gauge as to what your family will eat. This should give you a good amount that will be left for the day after those meals .
Aq

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
nanhol is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2012, 04:18 PM   #33
dawnball
bouncie bouncie...
You don't want the camels to spit on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by rznhal View Post
Major perk of OOP: NO MORE CS DESSERTS!!!!!
On our last trip, we could swap the dessert for a side salad at our resort. By our last day, the fridge was crammed full of salads and drinks that we were sure we'd eat later!

My personal goal for the upcoming trip is to stop getting desserts I don't really "want" - just because they're included. We'll see how I do with that!
dawnball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:16 PM   #34
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

$150/day seems high to me, and my family composition is similar to yours, its DH, me, and DS6. DH and I are also big sharers, though we love dessert, especially TS dessert.

Our plan is to do breakfast in the room, then we have a several TS lunches, but most likely I'll order an app and DH will order an entree and we'll share both of those plus a dessert. Then DS6 will get a meal. So about $60-75 for most of our TS's. For dinners we'll be doing mostly CS, so sharing one entree and DS will get his own, so under $25. I never order soda to avoid the calories, and DH only does about half the time, and we're not really frequent alcohol drinkers unless we're at home. I think we'll go home with extra $$ even budgeting $100/day, even if you throw in the inevitable churro (and given DS6's appetite some days, that may replace his CS meal ...).

Work up a spreadsheet though, just input the items from the menu that you'd be likely to order (or pick a median price and plug it in). I did one for us since I wanted to see if the DDP or TIW was worth it for us, and it wasn't. Its good to know when my Disney Reward card money I'm planning on using for our meals will run out, though.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: