Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2012, 07:16 AM   #1
Cruisefan2
DIS Veteran

Dcl transfers

If on my reservation there is no options form Wdw to pc does that mean they've sold out? Also would I get to port earlier of I do Wdw to airport to pc because I have hear if you come from Wdw the earliest you arrive at PC is 1:30....

4 night Bahamian Cruise on the Dream 2/17/13
7 night Medderiteranian Cruise on the Magic 7/30/11
7 night Eastern Caribbean on the Magic 2/11/06
Cruisefan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:37 AM   #2
erionm
DIS Veteran

You need to call your TA (if you used one) or DCL to add transfers.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2012, 09:33 AM   #3
disneyfaninaz
It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisefan2 View Post
If on my reservation there is no options form Wdw to pc does that mean they've sold out? Also would I get to port earlier of I do Wdw to airport to pc because I have hear if you come from Wdw the earliest you arrive at PC is 1:30....
DCL transfers never sell out, they just add more buses.

Anyway, if you arrange to take Magical Express from your WDW resort to the airport you could catch an earlier DCL Transfer. You need to call DCL and arrange the transfers. They cost $35 each way per person. If you catch Magic Express to take you to the airport, you will most likely have to take a very early bus and will have to take your luggage with you, but you can check with your resort bell services about whether or not DCL can pick up your luggage from the resort instead.

Personally, I think it's a bit of a hassle. I recommend getting your DCL transfer from your resort, having your luggage picked up in the morning. Enjoy a leisurely breakfast, catch your bus around 12:00 and get to port in time to check in, board immediately and get into your stateroom without having to carry your stuff around the ship.

Last edited by disneyfaninaz; 10-23-2012 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Corrected
disneyfaninaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:24 AM   #4
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

First, the price of a transfer is $35 one way per person or $70 round trip per person.

Second, if you take the bus from the resort, you will not arrive until between 1-2 PM. Yes you will be behind a number of people (and ahead of some). Pluses are you can walk on after check-in and most times be able to go straight to your room. Minuses - you can never have enough time on a Disney ship.

Third, if you take the ME back to the airport and check in to get the earlier bus to the port, you will most likely have the hassle of transporting your luggage.

It pretty much depends on what you really want. DCL transports although convenient are not always economical. You could possibly look into a car service or even renting a car one-way if you want to arrive earlier.
Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:28 PM   #6
Cruisefan2
DIS Veteran

Luggage is no issue and we are meeting two other families on the ship who are flying in day of...Based on that what is the recommendation?

Old 10-23-2012, 03:35 PM   #7
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Luggage is no issue and we are meeting two other families on the ship who are flying in day of...Based on that what is the recommendation?
Leave WDW a night early and stay at the Hyatt MCO the night before the cruise and then just take the DCL transfers from MCO. You can fully check in for the cruise at MCO. The Hyatt is a very nice hotel and they have a partnership with Disney so if you are taking DCL transfers the hotel will pick up your bags from your room and bring them down to the truck for transfer the ship.

First bus to the port leaves MCO around 9:40 am. Depending on what time your freinds are flying in you can wait for them at the airport or meet them at the port.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 1 time

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:00 AM   #8
Cruisefan2
DIS Veteran

We have a 10:30 port arrival time. In order to get to mco from Wdw you have to have flight info....how would you get around that? A phone call?
Thanks

Old 11-27-2012, 07:27 AM   #9
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We have a 10:30 port arrival time. In order to get to mco from Wdw you have to have flight info....how would you get around that? A phone call?
Thanks
You lie and give them a real flight number that you are not booked on--then do not allow them to tag your luggage (insist on taking it with you on the bus) Your departure time will be 3 hours before your "flight."

You could rent a car one way (there are several companies with outlets at/near WDW) and drop off near port. If there are 2 of you, the cost is about the same as transfers; more people and it becomes cheaper than transfers.

A 10:30 port arrival time? Are you sure? Unless they have changed it, the earliest window is 11-11:30. And they've never done a set time--it was always a 30 minute block.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:33 AM   #10
shburks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Are you trying to get to the ship earlier because your friends will be there earlier? What time do your friends' flight arrive? Unless they're super early arrival, I doubt they would arrive too far ahead of you.

You certainly could lie and take ME back to MCO and then get on the DCL transfers but that just seems like such a hassle. Personally I have a bit of an issue with lying (but that's just me) and dragging my suitcases all around when I could just let Disney do it, have a leisurely morning and meet up with my friends at 1:30 instead of noon.

DCL: Fantasy: December 2014 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW: Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
shburks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:42 AM   #11
meajuly5
DIS Veteran

I took a transfer from resort to ship. It went much smoother than when I went to port directly. Less waiting, went right to lunch and then room and had plenty of time to make changes and reservations. I wouldn't stress too much about t
meajuly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:20 AM   #12
2CME911
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Agree with all above PPs. Lots of ways you can handle this. Since you say you are meeting two other families on the ship I would suggest not waiting for them to arrive at airport and transferring together...you won't really know when they get there until, well, they get there, and waiting for them might add unnecessary stress. I like the Hyatt MCO idea, do as late a resort checkout as you can on D minus 1, take ME transfer to MCO with your luggage ( no tags per kcashner ), check into Hyatt MCO for the night, take DCL transfer in morning from MCO to PC. I don't think you need to be conflicted about any "lying" regarding the transfer from resort to MCO...you've already paid for it in your resort rate and you're entitled to utilize it. You're really just tweaking the system to suit your needs, but you have no secondary gain here to feel guilty about, at least in my opinion.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: