DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2012, 05:25 PM   #1
Robbi
DIS Veteran

DVC purchase through Disney vs resale purchase

I searched and could not find a thread.
We have 300 pts at the Boardwalk Villas that we bought direct from Disney in 2005. I am considering purchasing more points. The pts. are much more expensive through Disney. What are the perks buying through them vs going through a resale company? Thank-you.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:38 PM   #2
spacepoints
Earning My Ears

The main thing you lose with buying resale is the ability to reserve and use your points at non-DVC locations ie no cruises, adventures by Disney, Disney collection hotels, etc. These are commonly thought to be less bang for your buck anyway. So you have to consider if you use your points in that manner or not.

As a general caveat though, Disney can continue to place restrictions on points acquired through resale or even if purchasing direct.

Anyone please jump in and correct me if I'm wrong.

You'd be saving a lot of money purchasing resale, but have to contend with ROFR.

spacepoints is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2012, 07:28 PM   #3
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
I searched and could not find a thread.
We have 300 pts at the Boardwalk Villas that we bought direct from Disney in 2005. I am considering purchasing more points. The pts. are much more expensive through Disney. What are the perks buying through them vs going through a resale company? Thank-you.
You lose nothing of value IMO. You'll always have the same rights as everyone else in the club (qualified or not) for your home resorts and any club resorts. It's likely you'll have RCI or other exchange options as well. You lose the ability to do cash exchanges like DCL, DC, CC and I'll predict you'll eventually lose BVTC. I'll also predict you'll lose the ability to combine contracts going forward but that shouldn't affect you for an upcoming purchase.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:06 PM   #4
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much, I appreciate the information. Next add on will be through a resale company.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: