Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2012, 06:42 AM   #16
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

we check in on Thanksgiving Day. So far all of our interactions with IPO have been wonderful so I am hoping that is an indication of how things will be once we arrive.

We have booked a Standard view as that was all that was available when we booked. Can anyone tell me if the SV rooms are on the same floor as the lounge?I checked a map but I found it hard to determine where rooms were located in connection to the lounge.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:55 AM   #17
MickeyMinnie1971
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyg56
we check in on Thanksgiving Day. So far all of our interactions with IPO have been wonderful so I am hoping that is an indication of how things will be once we arrive.

We have booked a Standard view as that was all that was available when we booked. Can anyone tell me if the SV rooms are on the same floor as the lounge?I checked a map but I found it hard to determine where rooms were located in connection to the lounge.
The SV CL rooms are on the 5th floor. The lounge is also on the 5th floor.

MickeyMinnie1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2012, 11:20 AM   #18
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heard02 View Post
Just want to say that Beach Club's club level is absolutely amazing! Their service is outstanding! Worth every single penny and soooo worth it!
Glad you had a great stay .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
We've stayed CL at BC, YC and GF RPC. Although all were wonderful and our favorite is BC! The lounge is a little small but we thought it was "homey". CMs were always so nice and helpful. Breakfast can be a little crazy at all the CL lounges, but we went early (as we are rope drop fantatics) and never had a problem getting a table and chairs.
If you don't mind me asking, how would you compare YC CL to GF RPC? We've stayed WL CL, GF SL & GF RPC and while RPC is my favorite, WL CL runs a close second (and I didn't care at all for GF SL). We are trying YC CL for the first time next summer and I'm curious as to other people's opinions between the two who have stayed at both .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchamber99 View Post
I just read a thread in which many stated that BC CL was their least favorite CL. It is interesting how people can have such vastly different opinions. We have our first BC CL stay in June, so I'll have my own opinion then.
I agree . We have tried several different resorts and although we have our favorites, there isn't one we wouldn't return to as we've had great stays at all of them; however, there are people who won't return to certain ones for whatever reasons (CLs included).

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post
Just curious regarding the bolded. The "deluxe room" you mentioned. Is this different than a regular CL level room located on the fifth floor? Is this another level of concierge? We are hoping to stay at the BC after Thanksgiving and were wondering about the Concierge level accomodations.
There is only one level of concierge at the BC and there are (I think) 6 or 8 deluxe rooms, all with CL access; however, they are not located on the CL floor. The deluxe rooms are larger and offer more space than a regular room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyg56 View Post

Have a great trip . All regular CL rooms are located on the CL (lounge) floor.
Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:33 PM   #19
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post
Just curious regarding the bolded. The "deluxe room" you mentioned. Is this different than a regular CL level room located on the fifth floor? Is this another level of concierge? We are hoping to stay at the BC after Thanksgiving and were wondering about the Concierge level accomodations.
There are six deluxe cl rooms at BC. They are not on the fifth floor but have cl access. The rooms are much larger than regular BC rooms. The trade off is you don't have the convenience of walking down the hall to the cl clounge.

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
DisneyMomx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:35 PM   #20
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Mickeynut - Although GFRPC was lovely we just feel that BC and YC CL are 'cozier". GF RPC did put on a bigger spread but BC and YC CL cms were friendlier. Just personal taste. We wouldn't hesitate to stay at any of those
CLs again!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
DisneyMomx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:33 PM   #21
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
Mickeynut - Although GFRPC was lovely we just feel that BC and YC CL are 'cozier". GF RPC did put on a bigger spread but BC and YC CL cms were friendlier. Just personal taste. We wouldn't hesitate to stay at any of those
CLs again!
Thanks for your input. We enjoyed our BC stay (regular room, not CL) and I am looking forward to trying the YC next summer .
Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:37 PM   #22
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Tell CM Neil that he rocks! He's been so great to us the past 2 years.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:39 PM   #23
rmgreenesq
Toadi Acceleratio Semper Absurda

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchamber99 View Post
I just read a thread in which many stated that BC CL was their least favorite CL. It is interesting how people can have such vastly different opinions. We have our first BC CL stay in June, so I'll have my own opinion then.
And I have my first ever Club Level stay at any Disney property in two and a half weeks. It's at the Beach Club. I read that prior thread and resolve to form my own opinion.

I'm already impressed by the pre-arrival itinerary planning people. This trip is just for my wife and myself. I asked for suggestions from them for somthing romantic for dinner on Sunday evening. I further complicated their work by stating that I did not have theme park tickets, an annual pass, or any other way of getting into the parks.

They came back with a 7:35 pm table for two at the California Grill. They tell me that the food is pretty good and it is a fabulous place to watch the Magic Kingdom's fireworks from. So I'll tell my wife to pack something nice to wear. She has no clue this is coming in two and a half weeks.

Rick
rmgreenesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:47 PM   #24
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmgreenesq View Post
And I have my first ever Club Level stay at any Disney property in two and a half weeks. It's at the Beach Club. I read that prior thread and resolve to form my own opinion.

I'm already impressed by the pre-arrival itinerary planning people. This trip is just for my wife and myself. I asked for suggestions from them for somthing romantic for dinner on Sunday evening. I further complicated their work by stating that I did not have theme park tickets, an annual pass, or any other way of getting into the parks.

They came back with a 7:35 pm table for two at the California Grill. They tell me that the food is pretty good and it is a fabulous place to watch the Magic Kingdom's fireworks from. So I'll tell my wife to pack something nice to wear. She has no clue this is coming in two and a half weeks.

Rick
You are doing the right thing. In spite of what you read here, it's best to form your own opinion by experiencing it for yourself. Their IPO is absolutely fantastic. I really enjoyed working with them -- and found their willingness to help in stark contrast to another resort's IPO I dealt with last year.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:37 PM   #25
TJA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Tell CM Neil that he rocks! He's been so great to us the past 2 years.
Neil is one of the CM's that goes out of his way to make our stays very special. He spends a LOT of time making our girls' birthday pins very fancy and beautiful. There is another CM, small woman with curly brown hair, I think named Vilma or similar, who remembers us each trip and knows exactly what type of drinks and snacks we like. Staff is wonderful at BC CL. We have not received this type of treatment at any other CL we have tried (CR and Poly).
2006 ~ YC & BC
2007 ~ Poly & BC & CR
2008 ~ POR & WL & BC
2009 ~ CBR & BC CL
2010 ~ Poly & CR / BC CL
2011 ~ BC CL & Poly CL
2012 ~ WL & BC CL / CR CL
2013 ~ BC CL & Poly CL & WL CL
2014 ~ Upcoming Poly CL TPV
TJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:16 AM   #26
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Thank you all for your help! We are looking forward to this vacation and leave 4 weeks from today! cannot wait!
Old 10-25-2012, 10:12 AM   #27
Ricguz
Earning My Ears

It is nice to hear everyone's experiences that have stayed at the Beach Club CL but I need to tell you that each one of us has had good and not so good experiences at any resort we have stayed at. We have been to Disney at least a dozen times. The Beach Club for many reasons is by far the resort we have had the most positive experiences. You are going to have a wonderful time and dint worry about the Cl level. With any CL area. At peak times it's crowded and off times it great. We love the Beach Club area and it is convenience to other areas. The Cl is the icing on top of the cake. Have fun!!! We will be there again in Dec.
Ricguz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: