Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 09:26 PM   #136
Elana
Mouseketeer

Prices up

We are picking up from Tampa on Sat. I booked about a month ago. And those were my best prices. I keep checking, but have a full size with a Costco discount for 2 weeks, at just under $300. Today, they are over $700 at many of the sites. I am not hopeful that I will get a better price.

When I started looking in Oct, the prices were over $800. I am happy with my price. But I also, will be checking until the last minute.
Elana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:46 AM   #137
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsneprincess View Post
I will second this. We have traveled President's day weekend for the last 4 years & I have always gotten my best rate last minute. I am holding out hope again.
Good to know. My problem is that we're leaving on the 5th and will be on a cruise ship on the 7th, so my prime obsessive-rate-checking days are away from home. And here I thought I would be able to leave my computer at home.

I just wish there were *some* coupon that would actually work with my rental period.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 08:01 AM   #138
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Except for that dip at the 6 week out mark, I haven't even seen the 200's again. Lowest has been just under $400, all the way up to $900. I really think it's picking up before the end of Presidents Week that's hurting me.
People in the March, April and May threads are getting better deals than us poor February folks.
I guess I should be happy with the $250. I won't stop looking until the day before we leave though.
I'd even be tempted to use Priceline or Hotwire but I am worried about getting something off airport or with a questionable company. Do they at least let you know if the location is in the airport before you lock in a bid?
Old 01-30-2013, 09:52 AM   #139
pigletto
DIS Veteran

So in doing some searching I came across some low rates for Sixt. It's not onsite but there is a shuttle. A van for our dates is coming in at 270. We don't need a van, and like I mentioned earlier I don't want to use anything offsite but the price is very good compared to other van rentals so I thought I'd mention it.

You have to go on their site and go under their specials tab. I followed the one for the Elantra for 20.99 a day (which is sold out of course) but it offered me the van for not too much more.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:33 PM   #140
DanenRox
Disney Junkies

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelcoupons View Post
If anyone is picking up their vehicle before Feb. 4, I got a weekly rental with Budget using the last minute code > http://www.rentalcodes.com/last_minute.html for $79/week. Total with all fees and taxes was $155. The larger vehicles are discounted quite a bit too. Always a good idea to check those last minute discounts before you leave I guess.
Thank you so much. I'm happy with $136 for an 8 day (Sun-Sun) mid siize rental!
DanenRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:39 AM   #141
Joan S.
DIS Veteran
Needs to 'fess up to DH about the next WDW trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwongclan View Post
I just booked a minivan with Budget for Feb 14-17 picking up at Cape Canaveral and dropping off at MCO. I used the code BCD X474200 and my total came to US$135++ for a grand total of US$153.91. No one way drop off fee either.
I'm quite happy but will check again in January.
HI, I used this code in October 2012 and got a great rate and had no problems I would like to use it again but cannot remember WHERE it came from ?? I checked on Mousesavers and do not see it?? Does anyone KNOW what this code is LINKED to?? Thanks, Joan
Old 02-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #142
hygienejean
Are we still trying to figure out the "big project?"
The answers are probably right in front of us

Are the best deals going to be from the airport only? Are there any other pick up centers close to WDW that are a good place to rent from? I know Dollsr has a pick up place near Down Town Disney, National is in the Dolphin... Will I be able to get a reasonable rental there or should I just stick with getting our mini van from the airport? My dates are 2/15 - 2/25 but I was thinking I could pick up the vehicle on the 17 to save $ but right now I don't seem to be saving much at all! lol.
hygienejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:03 PM   #143
kitkatsmom
Loves Disney!

Angry Frustrated with Presidents weekend

Trying to rent a car fro Feb 15 to Feb 22. Didn't even have a clue this was presidents weekend at first.

I can't get anything for under 399. + for those dates.
I am so frustrated. All the coupon codes I try have black out dates for the dates I need the rental.

Has anyone had success at renting a car during president weekend/week with a code they could share with me.

Thank you!!!

POR 4/04
POLY 5/09

OffSite
4/2011
2/2013
kitkatsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:51 PM   #144
mmdis
Earning My Ears

did you try the dollar "city special" that helped for my 8-18th..
Old 02-03-2013, 02:53 PM   #145
DizDragonfly
Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I love a good poll! Errrr wait, that doesn't sound right ....
I'm just glad I'm not being stalked by the TagFairy. That could be embarrassing!

I'm so spoiled by National. I really don't want to rent from anyone else. But, their darn prices are so high! We pick up our rental in 8 days and there's been no movement in the prices, up or down, in weeks!
Old 02-03-2013, 06:50 PM   #146
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizDragonfly View Post
I'm so spoiled by National. I really don't want to rent from anyone else. But, their darn prices are so high! We pick up our rental in 8 days and there's been no movement in the prices, up or down, in weeks!
I hear you. I feel the same way about Alamo. It's always been the cheapest for us and I love their service and the ease of getting our vehicle with the Kiosk. However Alamo couldn't touch the price I got with Enterprise (250 for a full size for 9 days). In fact, the've been 300 to 500 higher. So I guess it's time to try something new. I'm actually pretty happy I found what I did because like you said, there has been no downward movement for well over a month.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #147
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkatsmom View Post
Trying to rent a car fro Feb 15 to Feb 22. Didn't even have a clue this was presidents weekend at first.

I can't get anything for under 399. + for those dates.
I am so frustrated. All the coupon codes I try have black out dates for the dates I need the rental.

Has anyone had success at renting a car during president weekend/week with a code they could share with me.

Thank you!!!
Keep watching, but I have tried everything. I think what's hurting my rental is that it starts on the 22nd which is at the end of Presidents week. Our best bet is going to be to watch what they release for last minute codes or try Priceline or Hotwire just before its time to go.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:44 PM   #148
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

We like renting from Alamo but their prices are too high. I decided to book a trip to WDW just 2 days ago. Yesterday, I was able to book a mid-size rental for 2/20 through 2/25 with Dollar using a link through BJ's for $250. I'm also going to be able to use a coupon for a free upgrade when I pick up the car.

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR, 2/15 (not sure which resort yet)

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH, 2/15 (not sure which resort yet)
CareHeartsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:00 PM   #149
DizDragonfly
Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I love a good poll! Errrr wait, that doesn't sound right ....
I'm just glad I'm not being stalked by the TagFairy. That could be embarrassing!

Last time I rented from National, I paid $240 for three weeks. So, you can see why I'm over current prices.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:30 PM   #150
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizDragonfly View Post
Last time I rented from National, I paid $240 for three weeks. So, you can see why I'm over current prices.
We rented from Alamo for only $68 for the week of Thanksgiving in 2011. After seeing prices over $500 from almost every company, I was happy to get the $250 rental from Dollar.

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR, 2/15 (not sure which resort yet)

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH, 2/15 (not sure which resort yet)
CareHeartsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: