Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2012, 03:22 PM   #1
toddthecow
Earning My Ears

Will this plan work?

I am trying to help my sis, husband and two kids arrange their first trip to WDW. Here's my plan for their four night stay while optimizing on free dining (if/when available) but assure they are comfortable and have two rooms and not totally breaking the bank.

Book a six night stay package that includes free DDP in a moderate resort for all four of them in one room.
I will also book a room for one adult at the room only rate for the first four nights of their stay with request that the rooms connect.

My plan is that this method will secure all of them the 6 days of DDP meals and provide one room for the kids and another one for the grown ups.

My questions for you experts are......
Will this work?
How challanging is it to book connecting rooms?
Is there another way to accomplish the goals that I may not know about?
toddthecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:31 PM   #2
Kristibo42
DIS Veteran

We have always gotten connecting rooms when booked. They tell you it's not guaranteed but we have never had a problem. We also stay at the value so at the moderate level I'm not sure about it. Are you set on the moderate? We enjoy the value and it cheaper. I know you only get the free CS dinning but you can upgrade to the other. With having 2 rooms there will be plenty of room.

Next trip July 2016 POP and AOA about 70 people
Dec. 2013 Pop Century to celebrate 25 anniversary Adults only
All Star Sports family trip 25 people Feb 2011
Pop Century September. 2009
Pop Century Adults only 20 year anniversary Dec 2008
Pop Century Big family trip 42 people July 2007
Contemporary and All Star Music Dec. 2006
All Star Music June 2005
Port Orleans- Riverside and Disney Wonder Nov. 2002
6th grade trip To Magic Kingdom had my first kiss on Tom Sawyers Island June 1977
Kristibo42 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2012, 04:00 PM   #3
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

I can't figure out what you're trying to accomplish....booking a six night stay, with FD, but they are there for only four nights?? Then book an addtl room only for one adult??
Connecting rooms are never a sure thing. I would try to book two rooms at a value..with FD and then upgrade to the regular FD plan.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:10 PM   #4
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink
I can't figure out what you're trying to accomplish....booking a six night stay, with FD, but they are there for only four nights?? Then book an addtl room only for one adult??
Connecting rooms are never a sure thing. I would try to book two rooms at a value..with FD and then upgrade to the regular FD plan.
I agree. You're going to pay for 2 nights when no one is there? I don't understand that, nor do I think it would work. Then there's the issue of having the same guest in 2 rooms, which I thought Disney would not let you do.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #5
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

I'm not sure if Disney is going to let one of the adults be booked in two different rooms. I would let them know at booking what you are trying to do so that there are not problems when checking in.

I know of two families who wanted connecting rooms and did not get them. One family was not able to get two rooms even in the same section. We had no problems with connecting rooms at POP, but you just never know.

Why not get a suite instead?
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
ADisneyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:11 PM   #6
DisneyFansInNYC
DIS Veteran

We are a family of 6 and need 2 rooms whenever we travel. I was told that if you need two rooms because of kids they have to guarrantee it. This is not just at Disney - we do this all over and have always gotten two rooms connecting. You can try that.

Our 2013 Disney Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLSzd7LSuFc
DisneyFansInNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:26 PM   #7
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFansInNYC View Post
We are a family of 6 and need 2 rooms whenever we travel. I was told that if you need two rooms because of kids they have to guarrantee it. This is not just at Disney - we do this all over and have always gotten two rooms connecting. You can try that.
This is not true... sorry. Connecting rooms are not guaranteed. We have had a member who was a single adult with multiple children unable to get them in the past. Just because the reservation person says they are does NOT mean they are. If you read all of the fine print you will see the ONLY thing you are guaranteed is a room on Disney property. They can move your resort or the category you paid for if needed.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: