Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2012, 01:15 PM   #1
courtneylauren
Disney College Program Fall Advantage 2014 Vacation Planner

Bus monitor screens

Hello!
I saw this on Mouseplanet's weekly update. I think this is huge for the Disney resorts and am surprised it took this long for the addition!! Does anyone have information on Disney's plans to incorporate this at the other resorts, hopefully in the near future?? Hoping it will be added at Contemporary soon!

New monitors are being piloted at at the bus stations at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. These screens display more specific arrival times for buses to various destinations. Photo by J. Jeff Kober.

Follow me on my journey!
Twitter/Instagram: @courtneysuchart
Follow me on Twitter! Follow me on Instagram!

My Disney College Program Blog: http://www.courtneydcp.com
courtneylauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:57 PM   #2
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneylauren View Post
Hello!
I saw this on Mouseplanet's weekly update. I think this is huge for the Disney resorts and am surprised it took this long for the addition!! Does anyone have information on Disney's plans to incorporate this at the other resorts, hopefully in the near future?? Hoping it will be added at Contemporary soon!

New monitors are being piloted at at the bus stations at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. These screens display more specific arrival times for buses to various destinations. Photo by J. Jeff Kober.
There was an article on October 11th HERE. According to some forum discussions I read, so far the times have not been accurate at all and haven't been really useful to guests. Perhaps they'll work the glitches out over time.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:36 PM   #3
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quite honestly, I don't want them anywhere. Can you see flocks of folks anxious to get to rope drop, looking at their watches, not relaxing, calling over to Jimmie and Susie that they HAVE to be right there, right now because the bus will be arriving in less than a minute and then.....

The bus doesn't get there exactly on time.

I'm on vacation, I want to relax, not stick to some schedule posted for Type As to obsess over it. I can avoid that in the parks, I can't avoid it waiting for a bus at my resort where I'm supposed to be forgetting about real life for a while.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: