Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #61
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
I just read update after update today as I try to recover from being sick in Disney during Christmas! Thanks for providing so much entertainment! I am amazed that you all had so much energy to keep on going.
Oh no sick over christmas and while being in Disney, I'm so sorry to hear that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle83 View Post
I'm all caught up I'm sorry you got sick at Disney, that's the worst!
I hear ya! I'm just glad that I wasn't in a park that night.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:39 PM   #62
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Hi all guess who is going to disney world tomorrow?! This girl! I'm taking a quick little trip to visit my sister. I really don't know what our plan is this trip all I know is that I will be in the magic kingdom all thursday. My main reason of going is to see the new fantasyland

Good Morning Sunshine

Its time to get up, Hollywood Studios was calling our names. We were over halfway down with our trip so the lack of sleep has caught up with us. Brittany was one of the first ones ready but the first to hop back in bed to rest while the rest of us started moving

We were all about ready, one quick pic before we head out. Randy on his phone, Brittany in bed, Me smelling my Norway Laila perfume and Chelsea just being Chelsea.

It seemed like the lack of sleep has gotten the best out of some of us, when we waited at the bus stop we all took a different bench and played on our phones. We all secretly hate each other

I’m a professional photo bomber….takes quite some skill

We were soon on our way to Hollywood Studios. The bag check line was forever long, Alicia decided to let us in on a tip, there is a bag check person that hangs out on all by himself all the way to the far left. Because we were on the bus we had to walk all the way to the parking lot because a fence blocked it off. A family coming from the parking lot decided to follow us. Instead of waiting in the long line we got right inside to the main entrance. Time to get us some toy story mania fastpasses!!!

Alicia took all our tickets and got us fastpasses for 9:15. Since the standby line wasn’t so long we decided to hop on in. As you can see we were all thrilled for the day a head of us

Since some of the party was on the crabby side I chose to go by myself. Once our ride was over we headed to RNR. We hopped into the stand by line which wasn’t to long at all.

A snipe shot of my toms that Alicia took

We got to the preshow fairly quickly, then piled out to wait in line to get on the ride. The lovely time came when we had to choose the person to ride by themselves, I decided to go by myself because I had yet to ride with a stranger.

I rode with a dad whose family was sitting behind him. The only thing I remember of him was that he tried to keep his camera out but unfortunately he got caught and the CM had him put it away. We were sent to the lunching pad but was stopped for a couple minutes when I heard them say my row number. The cast member took a walk over to see if the camera was put away, luckily it was and we were off!

Since we were there we decided to go visit the ghosts. I can’t even really remember what happened, guess it wasn’t too memorable. Once we got off we had time to spare before we could use our toy story fastpasses, Alicia suggested waiting and getting ToT fastpasses because we were there. Then it was crabby central, the part of the trip I don’t like to remember….

We had to wait a bit before we could get fastpasses, Alicia and Andy went to get a snack or something while Brittany Chelsea and I waited on the curb by the fastpass distributor. This is when crabby Brittany came into play “Do we not get a say on what we want to do” to were I shot back “What would you like to do” she shot back “I don’t care whatever…” Then we sat there in awkward silence as we waited for Alicia and Andy. We got fast passes for TOT and went over to Toy Story Mania.

I decided that I would ride with Chelsea this time since I have been riding by myself all day, Brittany ended up saying something along the lines of what you don’t want to ride with me so I switched lines and went with her.

After the ride was over the normal Brittany came back and it was time to enjoy our time in Hollywood studios! Brittany decided to get a churro, the same churro stand that we went to on our last yolo trip when she dropped it and had to get a new one.

While Brittany was getting a churo the citizens of Hollywood were coming out getting ready to do a show. I LOVE THEM!!! Sadly I did not see Paige Turner who happens to be my favorite citizen. We watched them for a little bit, until we had to use our ToT fastpass.

show us your fastpass!

It was nice to have everyone happy once again!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 09:49 PM   #63
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

You all sat on different benches?! I bet people were thinking you guys were not having a good time with each other.

That should've been the first clue to how the day was going to go...I'm glad to see it turned around though!

I love your Toms! I saw some Mickey and Minnie ones; I am really thinking about buying them!
Old 01-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #64
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
You all sat on different benches?! I bet people were thinking you guys were not having a good time with each other.

That should've been the first clue to how the day was going to go...I'm glad to see it turned around though!

I love your Toms! I saw some Mickey and Minnie ones; I am really thinking about buying them!
Seriously though it was just not our morning!
Thank you so much! I found the design online but the price to get them was crazy so I decided just to make them myself.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:45 PM   #65
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Hi all! I just arrived home from another yolo trip to the world! It was definitely a different trip but it was a lot of fun like always! I will probably start another trip report soon for that trip.

Not The Sun But The Moon

While waiting in line we decided to split up in hopes of getting the front and so we all weren’t stuck in the back. Me Chelsea and Brittany sat in the back while Alicia and Andy got the front..

After having a fun time with them ghosts, it was time to grab some lunch. We weren’t really sure where we wanted to eat so we decided to walk around until something grabbed our attention.

The catering company seemed to have what everyone was interested in. This was also my first time eating here. We all pretty much chose the same thing, the buffalo chicken sandwich. While reading “Buffalo” chicken sandwich I was hoping for a spicy chicken sandwich. This was not the case, the picture showed the chicken covered in sauce the real sandwich only have some sauce and ranch mix together.

Although it wasn’t spicy it was still good, nice and filling. For dessert we all got the cute Halloween cupcake. There was no thinking for me when I saw the this I wanted it. It was a carrot cake cupcake with cremesicle frosting. I was just not a big fan of the frosting.

After such a filling lunch we didn’t know what we wanted to do. Brittany suggested the back lot tour, we decided since we were over in that area we could just get it done and let our bellies digest. While walking in the line we were discussing how we always wanted to be apart of the preshow.

That’s when a CM called out asking for volunteers, our hands pretty much shot up in the air. Alicia, Brittany, Chelsea and I went up to the front and gave all our stuff to Andy. We were then taken to a little room area where they gave us pants, jackets and shoes. Next they ran through the different parts and then asked us which parts we wanted to do.

Alicia was the person who got all the water dumped on them, Chelsea was the captain of the ship and Brittany and I played the comedic role that swabbed the deck. It was a lot of fun! The only bad thing was how hot you get in the pants and jacket. (I put the youtube link of our performance at the end of this!)

After all the excitement it was time to go ride the ride. I really enjoy looking at all the props that are stored.

Early in the morning andy was mad that he forgot his sunglasses, being the nice person I am I let him use mine for the day. I think the pink cheetah print look real good on him

When Alicia was accepting into the DCP for costuming me and Brittany were really hoping that she would be working in the costume shop in Hollywood Studios so we could see her on the Back lot tour. Sadly that did not happen.

After the Back Lot Tour we walked down the Streets of America where we took a real short photo shoot…

LADIES AND GENTLMEN IT’S THE MUPPET SHOW!!!!
I told brittany about the key under the mat before we went on our trip. I want to say the summer of 07 I was obsessed with finding out hidden things in Disney World. I had 4 different folders for each park and a list of secrets and stories. I don’t even know where those folders went.

Anyways we grabbed our 3D glasses and we were on our way

I got to see my favorite part of the preshow
By the light of the silvery moon….not the sun but the moon!

Soon it was time to raise the curtain, it’s time to light the lights, its time to meet the muppets on the muppet show tonight!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7vb7NpmtOs

Old 01-14-2013, 05:42 PM   #66
Isthatyoutiger
DVC Member SSR Jan 2007

Love reading your TR's They are so fun to read
Welcome back from your 2nd trip this year I can't wait until my trip in August Those Halloween cupcakes look so good The youtube video was awesome. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun Can't wait to read more

August 1998 Offsite -August 2000 Wilderness Lodge - December 2001 CBR - June 2003 AKL - December 2004 WL - January 2007 WL (20 yr Anniversary) - Joined DVC SSR Jan 2007
-June 2007 SSR - June 2008 SSR - August 2009 SSR - August 2010 DVC AKL Kidani Village - November 2011 Family B-Day Celebration DVC AKL Jumbo House -
Upcoming Trip - August 2013 BCV & Vero Beach
Old 01-15-2013, 11:24 AM   #67
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isthatyoutiger View Post
Love reading your TR's They are so fun to read
Welcome back from your 2nd trip this year I can't wait until my trip in August Those Halloween cupcakes look so good The youtube video was awesome. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun Can't wait to read more
Thank you so much! The cupcakes were so yummy it was my first time ever having carrot cake and I fell in love.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #68
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Star Wars Weekend!

After watching the Muppets 3D me and Brittany wanted to go on star tours because star wars weekend! And now that Disney owns Star Wars every weekend is star wars weekend. Andy can’t really handle simulation rides so him and Alicia decided to pass and hung out near by.

While waiting in the line Brittany kept saying how much she wanted to be the rebel spy. When we went on it in may the rebel spy camera wasn’t working so we had no rebel spy. This time around we were in the very back row and me just joking around said yes I’m going to be the rebel spy. Brittany thought I was being serious and asked if I would switch seats with her.

Good thing we didn’t change seats because her face came up on the screen as the rebel spy! She couldn’t handle her excitement and we were laughing a good amount of the ride.

I texted Alicia to see where they went too, they ended up walking back to TOT and they would meet us right after they were done. Not knowing what to do Brittany told me to pose with the random star wars thing.

We started walking and decided to go see Ariel. It’s been quite some time since I saw the show anyways. On our way over we made a stop to take a quick picture…

It was time to go under the sea, I texted Alicia saying that we were going to see Ariel and we would meet them back at the animation academy. After the show we were off to draw! One of my favorite things to do at Hollywood Studios! Alicia and Andy were nowhere to be found so as we waited we decided to play be that statue.

Alicia and Andy soon arrived and we got in line for the next drawing class. Soon it was time for our class we went down a row to our drawing desk. In this class we were going to be learning how to draw Woody from toy story. I was really excited because I LOVE LOVE LOVE toy story and Woody is one of my most favorite disney characters! Sadly we didn’t take any pictures like before with our rapunzle drawings.

After drawing we decided to head back to the Gflo to get ready for dinner. Once we arrived we had a good hour to either swim or just relax in the room. Since the lack of sleep caught up with us we all decided to take a quick nap. Brittany set her alarm and we were all passed out.

I ended up waking up feeling nice and rested. I then thought in my head how the alarm should be going off soon after ten minutes I got out of bed and checked my phone we slept way longer and had to be to dinner in a good 20 minutes!!!

I told everyone to wake up and get ready we have places to be! That was probably the quickest we all got ready. Brittany told us how her alarm did go off but no one woke up so she went back to sleep. Haha only us!

Lets just say it was a real good thing we were eating at the Magic Kingdom and we were only a monorail stop away! I was really excited to eat at the place we choose tonight. It has been on my list of places to eat for a good amount of time. We weren’t even planning on eating here when we made our ADRs but a couple of weeks before we left we switched them around and I’m real glad we did.

We made our way to liberty square and check in at Liberty Tree Tavern!
We waited a good amount of time maybe 15-20 minutes, I was ready for food please call my name!

They called our party, Andy was ready to go!

BRING ON THE FOOD!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:17 AM   #69
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

I am really loving this report!!! Oh my goodness, I am totally crushing on your Toy Story Toms...they are amazing!!!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
Old 01-16-2013, 11:01 AM   #70
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Loving your TR...great pics!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:13 AM   #71
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
I am really loving this report!!! Oh my goodness, I am totally crushing on your Toy Story Toms...they are amazing!!!
Thank you soo much! When I first saw the toy story toms online I knew right away that I needed to make myself a pair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Loving your TR...great pics!
Thank you! I'm glad you are enjoying it
Old 01-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #72
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Bring On The Food!

We were seated and our waited took our drink orders and told us what our meal was. The dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern is family style all you care to eat Thanksgiving dinner. The server took a pen and circled the dinner on the menu which I’m pretty sure he wasn’t suppose to do and now they were going to have to throw that menu out.

First they came out with our drinks. The cups here are super cute

Then it was the waiting game till our food came….

MICKEY MOUSE!!!!

First to come out were some rolls and salad

The rolls were good, I just try not to fill up on bread before the main dish comes out. The salad though was plain and seemed like the lettuce was in the dressing for to long, Andy on the other hand loved the rolls….

Then every thing came out at once, trying to find room to place all the dishes on the table was a challenge but we seemed to manage.

First we have green beans, they were delicious! I’m a weirdo who actually loves greenbeans, what kind of person am I?!

Next was one of my most favorite things in the entire dinner, the mashed potatoes and gravy. I could serious live on mash potatoes

Then there was some squash (I think that’s what it was) I actually did not try it.

The main course of meats and stuffing, at first we were worried about the lack of stuffing but then we found out that all the stuffing was under the pile of meat. Thank goodness!

last but not least was the best mac and cheese I have ever had in my life! At first I thought it tasted a lot like KFC’s mac n cheese but when I came home and had KFC I found out that this was not the case. But really this bowl of cheesy goodness was too delicious.

so we all stuffed our face with some real good disney food. I mostly filled up on the sides and not the meat. Our waiter came back again to check up on us and asked if we needed anymore of anything. We asked for more mashed potatoes and more mac n cheese. By the time it came out I felt like I was going to explode. I made sure to eat some of it, but Alicia on the other hand had no problem eating more.

After we were all done with our meal it was time for dessert! I don’t know if my stomach was ready for the challenge. Our waiter took all our dishes and gave us little bowls.

Dessert tonight was house-made apple craisin cake with ice cream. This was very good I wish I had more room for it!

Overall Liberty Tree Tavern was wonderful and I would definitely go again. If you decide to go for dinner be prepared for a lot of food.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #73
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

I'm In The Parade...

While we were about to leave Liberty Tree Tavern the Main Street Electrical Parade was just starting. Our plan was to head over to Splash and Big Thunder and since the parade was blocking our way we just had to watch the parade. Oh well!

Sorry for the hot mess!

So we decided we should probably make our way all the way to the ending of the parade so it wont be as hard to beat the crowds. Alicia was the leader and we all formed a train. We walked in front of all the frontierland stores as we followed the America float to the end. Me and Brittany then used our imagination and started to dance our way to the end pretending we were in the parade…

Don’t want to loose Andy!

Finally the parade was over and we rushed over to Big Thunder to grab a fastpass. Then we hopped into the Splash Mountain line. Brittany was supporting her child crewneck sweater ever so nicely

The line for splash was on the longer side, so of course everybody did what they were great at….playing on their phones

The line started picking up speed and we were almost there!

Its never a Disney trip without Brittany planking something.

Soon we were getting in our log and on our way to the laughing place! Chelsea was the brave one who decided to take to front. What a champ!
I was pretty excited to go visit myself again, in our May yolo trip Alicia’s friend Bobby who was a CM at the time told me I reminded him of this little fellow

So now I will forever love the little raccoon with a lazy eye
Now back to our journey to our laughing place. We pointed out and shouted FSU (which again Bobby tried telling me about this in May but sorry I know a lot of hidden Disney gems. Like I said in an earlier post I’m pretty much obsessed with finding and learning new things so a lot of it I already know.)

What do you know next thing we know we are being dropped into a brier patch!

After Splash our fastpasses were good to we hopped in the fastpass return of Big thunder.

It’s the wildest ride in the wilderness!!!

way to ruin the photo chels!

After our wildest ride was over we grabbed more fastpasses and made our way over to adventerland. There we got in line for the jungle cruise, which I believe, is the best at night. Our skipper was Matt, skipper Matt, he was a really good skipper most of the time I get stuck with those skippers who don’t seem to be thrilled with there job. So because Skipper Matt was so good I instantly fell in love with him….

Next we went to visit George, Yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me. This ride is probably my least favorite ride. It just gives me the creeps, the scary animatronics and that one time when both me and Alicia saw a creeper just handing out watching boats pass by, um yeah not a fan.

We made our way back to frontierland to use our Big Thunder fastpasses, but alas once again we were stopped by the Main Street Electrical parade. It was just starting and there was no one really standing at the end of the parade route so we had a really nice view.

Oh hey Peter Pan

Soon the parade ended and we were on our way to the wildest ride in the wilderness!

Old 01-21-2013, 10:32 AM   #74
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

The LTT meal looks so delicious! I'm obsessed with mashed potatoes too, so I could probably make an entire meal out of that. My mom's homemade mashed potatoes is probably my favorite part of Thanksgiving! And that is a LOT of food!

I love riding Splash Mountain at night! Your ride photo is pretty epic as well.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
Old 01-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #75
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
The LTT meal looks so delicious! I'm obsessed with mashed potatoes too, so I could probably make an entire meal out of that. My mom's homemade mashed potatoes is probably my favorite part of Thanksgiving! And that is a LOT of food!

I love riding Splash Mountain at night! Your ride photo is pretty epic as well.
I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who could live on mashed potatoes.
Splash mountain is perfect at night! Thats like the prime-time to ride it if you don't want to wait in a long line in the blazing sun!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: