Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #1
lisakramer
Mouseketeer

Dream oct 14-18

Hi all - We are now back to reality from our cruise and WDW trip. I'm happy to answer any questions that I can.
We were in cabin 5044, extended verandah, no pull down bed. Room was gorgeous. Plenty of storage for a family of 3. It did have a trunk/table thing.
DS4 LOVED the kids club and did not want to leave when it was time to go to bed.
We did the Atlantis Shallow Water Dolphin encounter/Aquaventure excursion and had a wonderful time. Our dolphin and trainers were great. DS4 enjoyed the kids water areas.
Castaway was beautiful. Checked DS4 into the kids club, DH and I biked over to the adult beach. Sadly just as I had ordered my Konk Kooler, the wavephone told us that DS wanted to be picked up. Oh well. DS and I went back to the ship and enjoyed a mostly empty Mickey pool and Nemo splash zone for a couple hours while DH biked some more.
We did not make it to any of the shows or to the pirate party, unfortunately. DH was massively seasick no matter what we did or meds he tried. Alas, this was his first and last cruise.
I felt that the food was acceptable, but nothing spectacular. But we did not get to do Remy or Palo.
Loved the ship and am planning to do another cruise sometime in the future.

ETA - we did have REALLY choppy seas the 1st night. But nice weather the rest of the trip. DH was taking Bonine pre-trip, but eventually quite taking anything since nothing was helping him.

Last edited by lisakramer; 10-24-2012 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Add -
lisakramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:04 PM   #2
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training
Makes a mean Monte Cristo

Thank you for your review!

Sorry to hear your DH was sick. Bummer!

We leave on Nov 4th for our first cruise and couldn't be more excited. Biking at Castaway Cay sounds right up our alley. Glad you were able to make the best of the situation and enjoyed the mickey pool to yourself.
Past Trips: WDW: Feb 1997 BWI, June 2008 *Honeymoon!*, May 2010 OKW & POR *2-year anniversary*, May 2011 OKW/BWV *3-year anniversary*, October 2011 VWL & POP DLR: 1994, Thanksgiving 2003 Portofino Suites, Oct. 2004, Oct. 2005, Nov. 2006 Carousel Inn, May 2007 Fairfield Inn, May 2009 DH Bday Trip Marriott Suites Anaheim, May 2009 *1-year anniversary*, GCH Suite, June 2009 Worldmark, Sept 2009 PPH, December 2009 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, April 2010 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, January 2011 Staybridge, September 2011 Red Lion, June 2012 Hilton Anaheim *4-year anniversary (celebrated late), Oct 2012 Ayres Anaheim, May 2013 GCH *5-year anniversary*, Sept 2013 Red Lion, Nov 2013 (1 Day Trip) Red Lion, Dec 2013 *Club 33* Castle Inn DCL:October 2013 - HalloWonder (Halloween) Cruise - Wonder 7 Night Bahamas from Galveston
hurleysweety is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2012, 04:17 PM   #3
Gatrcruzer
Mouseketeer

Not sure if your husband would be willing to try again or not (given his experience, I would not blame him if he is through with cruising!), but my husband and I are prone to motion sickness, and have found Bonine (brand in the US) very helpful. We start taking it a day BEFORE the cruise, and we take it at night every night while on the ship. Have never had a problem on cruise ships when taking Bonine. Some people use the "patch" but I have heard of some with bad side effects from that (others swear by it). My impression is that once you develop seasickness the medicine isn't helpful - only for preventing? Did you have bad weather on your cruise? Thankfully with the larger and more stable ships seasickness is becoming less frequent on cruises, but it still happens. At any rate, so sorry for your husband, because I understand how miserable that is!
Gatrcruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:16 AM   #4
kay1864
DIS Veteran

I too would like to know if it was bad weather. DW is prone, but only in choppy waters. She's been fine in the Caribbean, but on a September Alaska trip a few years back, 1/3 of the ship (crew included) was sick due to Alaska being more windy that time of year.
kay1864 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: