Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 07:52 PM   #1
MissMet
DVC Member, former NY Mets Season Tkt Holder & Blogging Addict

Newlyweds Living the Fantasy Trip Report

Newlyweds Living the Fantasy
October 5th - 14th, 2012
Pre-cruise stay at The Hyatt Regency Orlando
Daytona Blues Festival
Eastern Caribbean Cruise aboard Disneyís Fantasy
Post-cruise stay at Disneyís Beach Club Villa
Food & Wine Festival
Cirque du Soleil, La Nouba

Warning:The content of this trip report may include heavy sarcasm, random side notes, spousal mockery, analytical view points, excessive use of smilies, useless rambling, useful rambling and extensive explanation of major as well as VERY minor details of said trip. Read at your own risk.

Itís finally that time... itís time to start our LIVE trip report! So glad to be sharing it with all of you. For those of you who havenít been onboard... see I already went and did it. I used an expected cruise pun that I promised myself I wouldnít ever do. Missed that vow to myself when naming the pre trip report! I digress. If you havenít read our PTR and would like some intense background including where we live, where we work & photos of us, our dogs, our friends, among other things that freak out my paranoid hubby to have on the Internet, head on over to Newlyweds Living the FANTASY: 7 day Eastern PTR.

I gotta say, that didnít do it for me. Itís not to say that I have doubts of my newfound DIS friends, but I donít have the faith that you will indeed head on over to our PTR to read every waking detail of our life. Soooo... I will now force you to read, cause we all know DISers are not capable of skimming , a quick rundown of who we are.

Iím Lisa. Will be 27 on the 23rd of this month, NYer, watch my nephew full time, went to school for wedding planning, DVC member since I was 19 (bought as soon as I had an income), my 5th DCL cruise (10th total), been going to WDW since I was 3, once won a car, but was only 15 so I was disqualified, huge NY Met fan (sigh), shy with new people, life of the party with friends/fam, travel blog writer, sarcastic (unknowingly at times), anxiety issues (ask about my first snorkeling experience), have traveled to 42 US states, most of the caribbean, Ireland, Spain, Gibraltar, Portugal, Canada, Egypt, Israel (twice) & a layover in Germany. Also, you should know I have a serious obsession with cheeseburgers & ironing. I iron EVERYTHING.

My hubby Matt, 33 years old, works in building automation (see PTR for explanation), Jersey guy who gets offended at the mention of Jersey Shore, Yankee fan (boo!! hiss!!) , 1 prior cruise 17 years ago (remembers basically nothing of it), one trip to WDW before our wedding (I ainít marrying a guy who hasnít passed the WDW vaca test), has traveled to Canada, Antigua, Brazil & Puerto Rico, has a very silly side, VERY outgoing, adventurous, married his dream girl 5 months ago, does not at all mind wearing wrinkled clothes, also enjoys a good burger, drives a motorcycle, snacks just before meals and only makes one trip at buffets, therefore has a ginormous pyramid of food that at times can not be identified.

Together we have two dogs, my Yorkie, Rocky (who is a girl despite her name) she is 10 years old and still as feisty as ever. She weighs a whopping 4.5 lbs. And then thereís Bania, yes, itís from Seinfeld, also a girl despite the name, what can I say? We like to confuse people. Sheís 5 months old and already 40 lbs. Sheís an Olde English Bulldogge, which if youíve never heard of them, theyíre basically a Boxer & an English Bulldog put together. Much taller & healthier than the regular bulldog. The story of how Bania came into our lives can be found in our PTR, but in short, Matt has an awesome wife. Pics also on PTR.

As you should have picked up by now, Matt & I just got married May 5th. It was a dream wedding that we feel so unbelievably blessed to have had. Our wedding was featured in Style Me Pretty as well as it is about to be published in Westchester Magazineís 2013 wedding issue. We are blown away. All credit goes to our incredible photographers. If you would like to read the article & see some pics on Style Me Pretty head on over to
http://www.stylemepretty.com/2012/09...s-photography/. Thatís it. I vow to not mention our wedding again.

Now that the business side of this trip report is over, letís get to the real reason youíre all here... our Disney cruise!!!

We will be flying out Friday night after work & staying at the Hyatt at the airport. I will be posting a live trip report each day of the trip both here & on my travel blog. This will be my 4th live trip report so yes, I do know what Iím getting myself into. Itís a lot but itís my favorite part of the trip. If I wait until Iím home, it never gets finished.

So I hope you enjoy this trip report & make sure to say hello. Also, if you want any info while Iím onboard or at F&WF feel free to ask & Iíll do my best to find the answer, within reason.

Last edited by MissMet; 10-19-2012 at 12:02 PM.
MissMet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:53 PM   #2
MissMet

Post Index:

Thursday, Oct 4 Twas the night before our vacation...

Friday, Oct 5 Hurry up and wait...

Sat, Oct 6 Pass the eggs.

Sun, Oct 7 Sound the alarms, there's glitter everywhere!

Mon, Oct 8 New friends and old ones too...

Tues, Oct 9 Yo ho, yo ho, no sexy fruits for me.

Last edited by MissMet; 10-12-2012 at 09:09 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 08:16 PM   #3
linco711
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear more
linco711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:36 PM   #4
marciemouse
Raised on Disney

Looking forward to the report! My husband and I met on a trip to Israel. I'm thinking if you've been there twice, you should maybe know how to spell it now though!

Cruisin' With Mickey! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012 Trip Report

Double Dip on the Disney Wonder ~ September 2014 Trip Report

Ramada Maingate February 2014--First time as a family of five! Ramada Maingate July 2013--Last time as a family of four! Ramada Maingate December 2012--Club 33! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera November 2012--We're addicted! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012--First Cruise! Ramada Maingate September 2011--First Trip as a family of 4! Anaheim Hilton March 2011--Last Trip as a Family of 3! Marriott Anaheim December 2010--Grandpa Jim's First Trip Marriott Anaheim October 2010--Celebrating Our 1 Year Adoption Anniversary Marriott Anaheim July 2010--Isabel's 3rd Birthday Trip Marriott Anaheim May 2010--First Time at Disneyland & First Trip with Isabel! Off Site May 2009--Quick getaway with my two favorite guys, DH and Dad Pop Century September 2008--My first solo trip! Pop Century May 2008--Finally just DH and me again! All Star Sports September 2006--With Dad and The Otters All Star Movies October 2005--Pressed penny collecting trip on the heels of Hurricane Wilma! Off Site December 2004--One last trip with Mom...bittersweet memories Off Site April 2003--With Mom & Dad Off Site May 2000--First trip with DH! And way more trips than I can count while living in Florida and then visiting after we moved!
marciemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:29 AM   #5
MissMet

Quote:
Originally Posted by linco711 View Post
Can't wait to hear more
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciemouse View Post
Looking forward to the report! My husband and I met on a trip to Israel. I'm thinking if you've been there twice, you should maybe know how to spell it now though!
Oh, gosh. That's just the start of my typos. I've been spoiled by my Mac's auto correct & have become a sloppy typer, letting my mac do all the work. Auto correct left me hanging. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 10-02-2012, 05:59 PM   #6
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Wow, love your wedding pics! I'll be on the cruise too! Hopefully we will run into each other...well, not literally!

Jill in CO

3 more sleeps!
Old 10-02-2012, 08:48 PM   #7
MissMet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Wow, love your wedding pics! I'll be on the cruise too! Hopefully we will run into each other...well, not literally!

Jill in CO

3 more sleeps!
Thanks!

Old 10-02-2012, 11:52 PM   #8
shawy1269
Mouseketeer

Congrats on the recent nuptials. My wedding is November 10th and I will be honeymooning on the Fantasy Easter Dec. 1st. Can't wait to hear how you liked the cruise!
shawy1269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:33 AM   #9
bbn1122
DIS Veteran

Congratulations......and Go Mets!!

He must really be a great guy, despite being a Yankee fan....

....I live down the Jersey Shore, so I know how your DH feels...

Looking forward to your trip report, have a wonderful cruise.
AKL - Aug 2011,
HHI - August 2012
OKW - August 2014
Vero Beach - August 2014
Magic - West Carib April 2010, 2 night NYC June 2012
Dream - 3 night - August 2011 3 Night Dream - August 2014
bbn1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:37 AM   #10
MissMet

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawy1269 View Post
Congrats on the recent nuptials. My wedding is November 10th and I will be honeymooning on the Fantasy Easter Dec. 1st. Can't wait to hear how you liked the cruise!
Thank you!

Congrats to you!!! Try and enjoy every moment. Don't stress...if things go wrong only you will know. Have an awesome wedding day & an incredibly relaxing honeymoon.

Hope you enjoy the trip report & it works as a relaxing escape from the wedding crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbn1122 View Post
Congratulations......and Go Mets!!

He must really be a great guy, despite being a Yankee fan....

....I live down the Jersey Shore, so I know how your DH feels...

Looking forward to your trip report, have a wonderful cruise.
Let's go Mets!!!

I always vowed I'd never marry a Yankee fan... I wanted to be a double threat & marry a Red Sox fan. So yeah, he definitely is a great guy to have change this hardened baseball heart.

Thanks & welcome!

Old 10-03-2012, 11:58 AM   #11
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

signing up
Old 10-03-2012, 07:03 PM   #12
MissMet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrose18 View Post
signing up
Welcome!

Old 10-04-2012, 08:13 AM   #13
desamnik
Mouseketeer

Looking forward to reading your report!

My dh and I are boarding the Fantasy on November 3rd to celebrate our 15th anniversary and also his Birthday. We are traveling without our kids, so your report will be very helpful to us!!

Congrats on your wedding!!
desamnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:11 PM   #14
macfinn
Chief Vacation Planner and Dis Dad's Club Member #58

all right...we are waiting patiently for the first report....i just hope they get the Yankee game on Sunday...your husband must be happy....Yankee playoffs and a cruise on Disney...and not having to hear about that other NY team....

macfinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:24 PM   #15
MissMet

Quote:
Originally Posted by desamnik View Post
My dh and I are boarding the Fantasy on November 3rd to celebrate our 15th anniversary and also his Birthday. We are traveling without our kids, so your report will be very helpful to us!!

Congrats on your wedding!!
Thank you! So exciting for you guys! 15 years! ...we're at 5 months. I love reading trip reports from an adult only view. It's really different, so hopefully I can get you all the info possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfinn View Post
all right...we are waiting patiently for the first report....i just hope they get the Yankee game on Sunday...your husband must be happy....Yankee playoffs and a cruise on Disney...and not having to hear about that other NY team....
I'm about to post right now. Yeah, I would think they'll have the post season games... hurray!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: