Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2013, 09:38 AM   #121
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great update!
Old 07-02-2013, 09:56 AM   #122
cdhale
Mouseketeer

I just joined in!

I am enjoying reading about the crowds and weather in Sept... we'll be there this Sept (also at POFQ), a time of year we've never gone. It's just me and DDs, though. DS will be 10 months old in Sept, and I don't think he'll be up for it. I applaud you for doing Disney with a baby.

Love your rental City Mini. I have the same stroller at home!

What did you think of POFQ? We stayed in deluxe resorts our last 3 trips, but I was really trying to save money this time and I keep reading that it's a good trade off for a deluxe.

Looking forward to reading more,
Cheryl

Nov 14 ~ Poly * Sept 13 ~ POFQ * Jan 11 ~ Poly * Jan 10 ~ Poly * Jan 09 ~ WL * Feb 02 ~ DTD * Mar 97 ~ CBR * Mar 89 ~ off site

cdhale is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2013, 07:48 PM   #123
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcourtneyy View Post
Love the CP pictures!

That's so awesome that they took pictures of your family for promos! Even if they don't end up using them, the vouchers were a nice touch and what a great memory!

Aw those pictures of Cole are adorable! How cool that there was a roaming PP around capturing photos.

Love all the safari pictures.
Thanks! We just love CP!

I thought it was so cool and such a neat memory.

The roaming PP photographer was so awesome. I had never seen that before. It was a very quiet morning.

Thanks! I don't usually take a lot of safari pictures, but we were nearing the end of the trip and I was trying to make up for the lack of pictures from our first few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great update!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdhale View Post
I just joined in!

I am enjoying reading about the crowds and weather in Sept... we'll be there this Sept (also at POFQ), a time of year we've never gone. It's just me and DDs, though. DS will be 10 months old in Sept, and I don't think he'll be up for it. I applaud you for doing Disney with a baby.

Love your rental City Mini. I have the same stroller at home!

What did you think of POFQ? We stayed in deluxe resorts our last 3 trips, but I was really trying to save money this time and I keep reading that it's a good trade off for a deluxe.

Looking forward to reading more,
Cheryl
Welcome!!!

September is such a wonderful time to go. I hope you have a fantastic trip!

I must say, it's quite easy taking a little one and the best part...they're FREE!!! We just had to go at a slower pace and seeing his reactions was the best. I know lots of people who have taken their kids as babies....as young as 6 months old.

We just bought (well, my mom bought it for me as a birthday gift) a City Mini Elite on Craigslist. I LOVE it! I can actually go running with it (bigger wheels, jogger strap, etc). I haven't run with it yet, but I can't wait to do so.

POFQ is wonderful! I cannot say enough about it. It's nice and compact and it was very quiet. The pool is small, but that was fine by us. We never made it over to POR to check out their feature pool. If you want a great website to explore before your trip, go to www.portorleans.org. It's a fan run site with lots of pics, info, etc.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:50 PM   #124
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Happy 4th of July!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 07-05-2013, 01:51 PM   #125
pinkpixie0920
Mouseketeer

All caught up! I'm glad you were able to make it back in Animal Kingdom after you rainy first day. We love EOS too!
Old 07-05-2013, 02:19 PM   #126
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpixie0920 View Post
All caught up! I'm glad you were able to make it back in Animal Kingdom after you rainy first day. We love EOS too!
Me too! I really do enjoy AK, but it always seems we don't spend a lot of time there. Someday, I will stay long enough to see the parade and explore all that there is to do and see there.

I always recommend EOS to all of my clients. It never disappoints!

Completed Trip Reports
Old 07-05-2013, 02:56 PM   #127
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Harmony Barber Shop and Epcot Morning

The alarm went off at 6:30am and I was slow to get up. Cole tossed and turned all night…he had a stuffy nose. Poor little guy! I hoped that he would feel ok because today we were not planning on coming back to the resort for our midday nap/swim. Anyways…..I woke Tony up at 7:10am and Madison started to wake up a little too. I couldn’t believe it was our last full day!! So sad.

Tony went to get us a bagel and a muffin around 7:30am and I got Madison ready while Cole slept. He finally woke up around 7:50am and the envelope of doom arrived shortly after that (the Magical Express envelope). We all ate and I got Cole ready….we were out the door at 8:10am. When we got to the bus stop I couldn’t believe how busy it was!! This definitely proved to me that MK is always a park to avoid on a Monday. There was a CM at the bus stop that morning and he had to call for a second MK bus. NUTS!

We got to MK by 8:45am and we positioned ourselves as close to the left side tunnel as possible.

After the Opening Show, we raced through the tunnel and zoomed to the Barber Shop. We were the 1st walk-ins and if the next 9am appointment didn’t show up, we would be next. Tony walked around outside the shop for a bit while Maddie and I waited. We were called right away! I had been waiting the whole trip for this, and this is how it turned out:

He screamed the whole time. I felt like a horrible mother! They only cut off ˝ an inch so it didn’t take long at all. They bagged up his hair, gave us a certificate and 1st Haircut ears and we were on our way. We hopped on the Monorail and took it to the TTC where we then transferred to the Epcot Monorail. Can you believe this was our only time on the Monorail?!

We arrived at Epcot around 10am and the bag check line was pretty long. However, I have no idea where all those people went because the park was perfect!! We went to The Land and got FastPasses for Soarin’ (12:20-1:20pm) and a Rider Switch pass. Maddie and I used the Rider Switch pass while Tony took Cole to Sunshine Seasons for a snack. He hardly ate any breakfast in the room. Our wait was very short because they called for a party of 2! Woo hoo! We rode around 10:15am. We met back up, I grabbed an iced mocha (sure wish I had one now) and changed Cole. We then walked to The Seas to ride Nemo and got in line for Turtle Talk (11:15am). Cole was getting sleepy, so he didn’t last long in Turtle Talk. I had to take him out (he fell asleep on the Monorail for a little bit).

I think before Turtle Talk we explored The Seas for awhile. Cole loved watching the manatees and kept calling them cats (Tony took some video that I have yet to upload).

We met back up, grabbed the stroller and went to Mexico for some lunch. Tony and I shared the chicken tacos with churritos and a Sprite (those drinks are massive) ad Madison had chicken tenders and a Coke. After lunch, Cole needed a diaper change so we decided to check out the Baby Care Center. It’s inside the old Odyssey restaurant and it is lovely! There are lots of changing tables, private bathrooms, a playroom and I think nursing rooms (sorry, not a nursing mom so I didn’t pay attention). It was nice and quiet & cool in there. It was wonderful! There was a friendly CM there who made us feel welcome. We let Cole play for awhile which he needed. He was able to stretch his legs and just play. I was able to catch up on my trip journal too. I wish we had checked them out at all of the parks! (I wrote this was around 12:30pm).

Stay tuned for more of my favorite day ever!

Completed Trip Reports
Old 07-05-2013, 06:32 PM   #128
klacey1
DIS Veteran

I HATE getting the ME envelope! Our last trip we got someone else's envelope midway through our trip. I almost panicked when I saw it hanging on our door!
Awww, poor Cole! I guess he's not a fan of haircuts, huh?!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:15 PM   #129
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Those pictures of Cole getting his haircut are priceless! I feel bad for his suffering, but someday he will laugh at them!

I've heard really good things about those baby care centers. Of course I knew NOTHING about them when I actually brought a baby to WDW 9 years ago!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:18 AM   #130
MiaBella05
DIS Veteran

joining in
Caribbean Beach - Oct. '08
Riverside - May '09
Yacht Club CL - Aug. '14, Oct. '14

MiaBella05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:37 PM   #131
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
I HATE getting the ME envelope! Our last trip we got someone else's envelope midway through our trip. I almost panicked when I saw it hanging on our door!
Awww, poor Cole! I guess he's not a fan of haircuts, huh?!
Me too. It's just the worst. Getting someone else's would be just as bad...it's just a reminder of things to come.

He has gotten a little bit better, but not much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Those pictures of Cole getting his haircut are priceless! I feel bad for his suffering, but someday he will laugh at them!

I've heard really good things about those baby care centers. Of course I knew NOTHING about them when I actually brought a baby to WDW 9 years ago!
I felt terrible while he was getting his hair cut, but I am glad that we did it. Memories I'll never forget!

The Baby Care Center was just wonderful! More people should really take advantage of them....they are lovely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaBella05 View Post
joining in
Welcome!

Completed Trip Reports
Old 07-09-2013, 09:55 AM   #132
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

Oh that crying baby face! He still looks cute though! Was your DH mortified? Mine would've been.

Can't wait to see what's next!!

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Disneychix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:35 PM   #133
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
Oh that crying baby face! He still looks cute though! Was your DH mortified? Mine would've been.

Can't wait to see what's next!!
Tony was fine...he's very laid back and not a lot bothers him.

Completed Trip Reports
Old 07-09-2013, 06:30 PM   #134
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Aw I think lots of kids cry for their first haircuts so I'm sure they see a good amount of tears in the barber shop. The pictures are the type that will be fun to show him when he's 16 and embarrassed by things like that!

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:56 AM   #135
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

I saw that I had been here, but then I apparently I lost it? Idk lol. I'm sorry!

I have loved your trip. It's so cute seeing the World through Cole's eyes for the first times! And it's been fun watching Madison grow through the trips! How special she got to dance at Raglan Road! (Can't wait to go there myself!) I'm also glad you made time in the trip to go back to AK. My last trip, I only made it to AK once and it was too crowded to be enjoyable, so we had left. And now it's been like 3 years since I've been on EE and that's depressing. I love seeing all the stuff you buy! I love Disney merch. Also...your one basically crowd-less DHS day sounds perfect. I love it there!

Any upcoming trips planned?
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

princess_momma is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: