Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2012, 10:08 PM   #16
Northern Disney Girl
DIS Veteran

Mind if I join in??? I have been very patiently waiting for you to start this TR Meghan! I am so excited to read all about your trip!
Old 10-22-2012, 10:15 PM   #17
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

I wouldn't miss it!!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2012, 07:57 AM   #18
disneyshakeygirl
DIS Veteran

I'm here too!
disneyshakeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:15 AM   #19
danielle79
Dreaming of the Castle!

I'm in! Loved all the outfit picks in the PTR! Can you believe the Bills lost by one point Sunday! Can't wait to hear more!

danielle79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:18 PM   #20
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

I'm here, of course!! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR
I Kept My Eyes Open the Whole Time! - Nov 2014 TR

princess_momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:32 PM   #21
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

I'm in! I need to get rolling on my TR too.

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:34 AM   #22
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Here I am!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post
You know I'm here! Let's get this party started!
Quote:
Originally Posted by leshunlenese View Post
I have enjoyed your previous trips and look forward to following along on this one. As well as being more vocal less lurker!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkergurl20 View Post
I'm in...looking forward to hearing about your trip!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Disney Girl View Post
Mind if I join in??? I have been very patiently waiting for you to start this TR Meghan! I am so excited to read all about your trip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I wouldn't miss it!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyshakeygirl View Post
I'm here too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle79 View Post
I'm in! Loved all the outfit picks in the PTR! Can you believe the Bills lost by one point Sunday! Can't wait to hear more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
I'm here, of course!! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
I'm in! I need to get rolling on my TR too.
Thank you ALL for joining in! I'm so sorry I've already been neglectful!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:03 AM   #23
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

It's Go Time!

Ok, let's get this thing going!

Tuesday, September 18th

I slept a few hours at a time that night and I eventually woke up at 3am. I got myself ready to go and then woke up Tony & Madison. I let Cole sleep while I finished packing the last minute items. Right around 4am, I started getting Cole changed which allowed him to wake up slowly. He was very groggy, but he got excited when I asked him if he wanted to go bye-bye (he loves to go places!).

My dad picked us up at 4:30am and we were at the airport in no time. The check-in line moved quickly and so did security (love that family line!). We were at our gate by 5:20am. Tony got us a bagel to share and walked around with Cole. The gate area was full of people...lots of kids going to Disney on this flight!

Cole was ready to get on the plane

Madison is an early bird!

We boarded between the A's and B's (we flew Southwest) and we were able to sit across from each other in row 3 (we each had an older lady at the aisle seat). Cole did NOT want to sit in his harness I rented, so I just held him. When we took off, I gave him his cup and he had no issues with his ears. It was still SO dark when we took off and Cole quickly fell asleep. He slept most of the flight and woke up in a great mood. He had a quick snack and then it was time to land. I gave him some more juice and he was good to go!

We stopped for a bathroom break to change Cole's diaper and put in our contacts. We then quickly made our way down to Magical Express; I had to pick up our Fastpass+ cards because they hadn't made it to us in the mail. It took no time at all and then we made our way to the queue lines. Our line had NO line at all and we were quickly seated on a bus. (9:20am) I was pretty bummed that we got a plain old yellow Mears bus, but at least we were on our way!

Ready to start our vacation!

Cole loved being on the bus!

This was the best shot I could get of the welcome sign

We arrived at POFQ around 10am and there was no wait at the Online check-in desk. The best part....our room was ready!!! We were in Building 5 on the 3rd floor (just like I requested). Our room was a short walk from the elevator which was perfect. We checked out our room, put on sunscreen and headed out.

We picked up our stroller at Luggage Services (rented from Kingdom Strollers....loved it!) and went to the bus stop. I did like the covered bus stops, but I don't like the mad rush to the bus when it pulls up. I guess I was used to Pop and their separate queues for each park. Anyways....An AK bus pulled up right around 10:45am and we hopped on. Then, we had to go over to POR. And we sat there, and sat there, and sat there some more. There were 2 busses ahead of us so there was quite a back up. Once we got moving, we had to stop at their 3 other stops. This was not the best bus driver we've encountered. He did not know how to brake softly!

After stopping at Blizzard Beach, we finally made it to AK (arond 11:30am). Cole fell asleep on the bus and stayed asleep when I put him in the stroller. It looked like it was about to pour which made me a little scared. We stopped at their camera center to pick up our Photopass+ card and then decided where to eat. Since the skies looked ominous, we wanted to eat somewhere inside. So, we trekked it over to Restaurantosaurus (we've never eaten there before). I picked out a place to sit while Tony got our food. Tony got the burger and I had the chicken nuggets. Madison got the kids cheeseburger. She had a cookie with her meal while Tony and I got the chocolate mousse and the cheesecake. The mousse was good, but the cheesecake was gross.

While we were eating, the skies opened up. Then came the thunder & lightning. The thunder was so strong that it was shaking the building! We were seated back by the airstream trailer right by the door. Wet people kept walking by us and the restaurant really started to fill up. It had been pretty empty when we first got there. We waited out the storm for as long as we could; Cole was getting antsy; and then threw on the ponchos. We decided to head over to see if we could get into the next show of FOTLK. Well, Cole HATED the rain cover for the stroller and screamed the whole way there. So, we walked all the way back and decided to just leave AK. Cole was exhausted and miserable and honestly, so was I! We got to the bus stop around 1:30pm.

So, we spent 2 hours at AK and all we did was eat lunch and pick up our Photopass+ card. This was our only scheduled AK day and thinking about that made me so sad. This was not a good start to our trip....Tony was not liking the multiple bus stop thing, I was upset about wasting 2 hours at a park...will this trip get any better??? In case you didn't notice, we took ZERO pictures at AK. ZERO!!!! That never happens! I promise, we did take plenty of pictures on the rest of our trip. Stay tuned to see if our day gets any better!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic

Last edited by Dancegrl624; 12-05-2012 at 03:59 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:16 AM   #24
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

Sorry you had such an icky start to your trip!

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:20 AM   #25
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

I know you had to be tired by then too! You had already had a long day,..and what a way to start!!!! I know I had text you that day~I had already been checking the weather for you!! LOL! I had a feeling it was gonna be a wet day! We have had only one really miserably wet day and I really don't know how people drag around all day in that!! I tried to get past it and enjoy it, but none of us liked it...so it was a resort day for us that trip!!!

How are y'all doing up there weather-wise today? I know you are a good ways from NYC,but apparently you have power?!
Old 10-30-2012, 10:01 AM   #26
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry the trip wasn't off to a great start. I hate when that happens. When it happens to us it is hard to recover. I hope you guys were able to and the rest of the trip was wonderful.

On a brighter note -- your POFQ room looks great! So much better than when we stayed there in 2007, I thought it was ugly back then and hated the pedestal sinks. Looks like they did a nice job with the refurb!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #27
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2PrncChrmgs View Post
Sorry you had such an icky start to your trip!
It definately wasn't a magical afternoon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
I know you had to be tired by then too! You had already had a long day,..and what a way to start!!!! I know I had text you that day~I had already been checking the weather for you!! LOL! I had a feeling it was gonna be a wet day! We have had only one really miserably wet day and I really don't know how people drag around all day in that!! I tried to get past it and enjoy it, but none of us liked it...so it was a resort day for us that trip!!!

How are y'all doing up there weather-wise today? I know you are a good ways from NYC,but apparently you have power?!
We had been checking the weather on our phones the whole time after we landed. The sky was scary!

We're doing good. It rained all day here yesterday, but nothing today. It's dreary, but we didn't really get the high winds they were expecting. They did decide to cancel most schools last night....not sure why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
I'm sorry the trip wasn't off to a great start. I hate when that happens. When it happens to us it is hard to recover. I hope you guys were able to and the rest of the trip was wonderful.

On a brighter note -- your POFQ room looks great! So much better than when we stayed there in 2007, I thought it was ugly back then and hated the pedestal sinks. Looks like they did a nice job with the refurb!
It was not a fun afternoon! It really put everyone in a bad mood.

We LOVED our POFQ room! The refurb is just beautiful. Everything was perfect.

Completed Trip Reports
Old 10-30-2012, 01:18 PM   #28
tlseege
Earning My Ears

We were at Animal Kingdom that Tuesday too. It was ridiculous. We ended up bailing out too. Thankfully we had arrived at rope drop so we were able to do a few things, but that weather was nasty!!

tlseege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:10 PM   #29
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Wow, POFQ is gorgeous! They did such a great job on the refurb. Augh, sorry AK was such a wash! I can imagine the rain gets tough with little ones. I hope your trip gets much better!!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:22 PM   #30
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

arrival days are always tough, kudos to you for even making it to a park after being up so early and traveling!

My DS HATES the rain cover for the stroller too if it makes you feel any better.

I hope that this was the low point of the trip and things only get better from here!
CandleontheWater is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: