Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2013, 10:42 AM   #166
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I thought of you this weekend because we went to a fair & saw a sign for an upcoming Irish festival. I saw the word feis and said 'Oh they're going to have Irish dancers!' Kris asked how do you know and I said because my friend Meghan from DIS goes to feis all the time lol.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:11 PM   #167
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Oh no Leaving is the worst part of any Disney trip! That is pretty awesome that they took you in a golf cart!

Gorgeous pictures of the resort! Thank you for your report on POFQ. I enjoy when people do that at the end of a TR. It helps me see the positive and negatives that stand out for each resort. I think POFQ is high on our list for moderates to try. I like that everyone says it's smaller than the other moderate resorts!

So cute that Cole was try to go back to your room!

That key situation totally sounds like something I would do.

Thank you so much for sharing your trip! I really enjoyed it! I would love to hear about your conference trip.

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #168
klacey1
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad you finished your TR! I loved reading about your family's trip-- I'm glad you had such a nice time. POFQ is really nice! I love that whole complex (including POR).

I can't wait to read about your conference!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #169
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I thought of you this weekend because we went to a fair & saw a sign for an upcoming Irish festival. I saw the word feis and said 'Oh they're going to have Irish dancers!' Kris asked how do you know and I said because my friend Meghan from DIS goes to feis all the time lol.
That is awesome! So glad I can educate everyone on what a feis is...don't forget....it's pronounced FESH! We actually have one this Saturday. It's the one run by our school, so I have to volunteer. I actually like working one of the stages...it's fun to interact with all the kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcourtneyy View Post
Oh no Leaving is the worst part of any Disney trip! That is pretty awesome that they took you in a golf cart!

Gorgeous pictures of the resort! Thank you for your report on POFQ. I enjoy when people do that at the end of a TR. It helps me see the positive and negatives that stand out for each resort. I think POFQ is high on our list for moderates to try. I like that everyone says it's smaller than the other moderate resorts!

So cute that Cole was try to go back to your room!

That key situation totally sounds like something I would do.

Thank you so much for sharing your trip! I really enjoyed it! I would love to hear about your conference trip.
Leaving is always the worst! It is so sad...so much time spent planning out your trip and it's over in a flash. The golf cart ride was fun!

I like reading reviews of the resorts too. I like hearing honest opinions! POFQ is so beautiful and I can't say enough about it.

See, we've brainwashed him already! It was awesome that he didn't want to leave either. I think he thought we lived there now!

UGH! The key mishap was the worst. At that point, I just wanted to be home and get ready for the next day.

You're welcome! Thank you so much for reading!!! I am going to take as many pictures as possible while at my conference. I have never traveled alone like this before, so I'm excited and nervous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
I'm so glad you finished your TR! I loved reading about your family's trip-- I'm glad you had such a nice time. POFQ is really nice! I love that whole complex (including POR).

I can't wait to read about your conference!
Me too! It feels like our trip is finally complete. Only took me 11 months to finish!

I love, love, love POFQ! I always recommend it to my clients.

I can't wait for the EarMarked Conference...yummy Disney food, great presenters, and some park time. Yay!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:48 AM   #170
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Just popping in to say 40 days until my conference!!!!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 08-06-2013, 05:32 PM   #171
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

I'm sad that the TR is ending, but SO HAPPY our next trip is close!!

I don't know how people survive without Chick-fil-a. I'm glad you got some before the trip home.

I can't believe that story about the key! That sounds like us! And I don't have a key to our garage door but Brandon does, so this could seriously happen. Hmmm...maybe we need to think about this!

We dropped a zillion dollars on dance shoes the other day, and it started back yesterday. The girls didn't want to take off their ghillies in the store! They quit tap this year and are just focusing on ballet and Irish, which I think is a good choice.

NEXT MONTH!!

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Fantasyland Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:41 PM   #172
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post
I'm sad that the TR is ending, but SO HAPPY our next trip is close!!

I don't know how people survive without Chick-fil-a. I'm glad you got some before the trip home.

I can't believe that story about the key! That sounds like us! And I don't have a key to our garage door but Brandon does, so this could seriously happen. Hmmm...maybe we need to think about this!

We dropped a zillion dollars on dance shoes the other day, and it started back yesterday. The girls didn't want to take off their ghillies in the store! They quit tap this year and are just focusing on ballet and Irish, which I think is a good choice.

NEXT MONTH!!
I kind of sped through my updates, but I just wanted to finish it! It was such a wonderful trip (after the awful afternoon of rain at AK our first day.

I have now had Chik-Fil-A twice...once at MCO and again in NJ in May. I highly doubt they will open one here in Buffalo.

I knew we were going to have issues with the house key, but I didn't feel like having an argument on the way to the airport!

I am in the process of getting Madison new Irish dance shoes. We have a used shoe bin that one of the moms keeps track of. We tried some on yesterday and managed to find used chillies for $30 (she wears split sole black bottoms that are normally $65). No luck on used hard shoes right now and I really don't want to buy new ones (range from $95-150). They are terrible to break in as well. Madison will just have to deal with it for her competition on Saturday!

Completed Trip Reports
Old 08-08-2013, 11:39 PM   #173
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

So sad your trip (report) has come to an end!

That's so awesome you guys were FotD at GG!! How special! I love seeing Cole's face light up with the characters! It's so precious!

POFQ looks amazing! I get so attached to resorts...they just end up feeling so homey!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

princess_momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:27 PM   #174
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
So sad your trip (report) has come to an end!

That's so awesome you guys were FotD at GG!! How special! I love seeing Cole's face light up with the characters! It's so precious!

POFQ looks amazing! I get so attached to resorts...they just end up feeling so homey!
I'm sad too...it feels like our trip wasn't that long ago, but it was. Cole likes to play with Tony's phone and he always pulls up the videos from the trip.

We never get picked for stuff like that so it was awesome! Cole really did love every character. I wish he could have met some face characters too.

I get very attached to my resorts. We loved Pop but POFQ was so cozy and quiet. Big change from Pop!

Completed Trip Reports
Old 08-19-2013, 06:19 PM   #175
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

I've started a new PTR!

A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World

Completed Trip Reports

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: