Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #136
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcourtneyy View Post
Aw I think lots of kids cry for their first haircuts so I'm sure they see a good amount of tears in the barber shop. The pictures are the type that will be fun to show him when he's 16 and embarrassed by things like that!
Cole cries at every haircut! I just got his haircut last week (that was haircut number 4) and he still screams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
I saw that I had been here, but then I apparently I lost it? Idk lol. I'm sorry!

I have loved your trip. It's so cute seeing the World through Cole's eyes for the first times! And it's been fun watching Madison grow through the trips! How special she got to dance at Raglan Road! (Can't wait to go there myself!) I'm also glad you made time in the trip to go back to AK. My last trip, I only made it to AK once and it was too crowded to be enjoyable, so we had left. And now it's been like 3 years since I've been on EE and that's depressing. I love seeing all the stuff you buy! I love Disney merch. Also...your one basically crowd-less DHS day sounds perfect. I love it there!

Any upcoming trips planned?
Welcome back Kimmy!

Aw, thanks! It was such a wonderful first trip for Cole. I wish we could take him back right now...he is obsessed with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Little Einstein's! He would go even more crazy for all of the characters.

Don't even get me started on Madison....she is going into Middle School this fall!

Raglan Road is super yummy and it is gorgeous inside. The dancers are fantastic as well.

I cannot wait for my conference in Sept....my first night I plan on hitting up DTD for some dinner and SHOPPING!

Even though we don't spend a ton of time at AK, no trip is complete without a ride on EE. It is such a gorgeous park.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:36 PM   #137
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone. Sorry I have been a bit MIA lately...we've been pretty busy! The week of July 8th was Vacation Bible School and I am one of the leaders in the Games department. Our VBS goes from 8:45am until 1pm, so it was a very long week.

That was also the week that Madison's summer dance lessons started along with summer band (she had to miss the first week of band due to VBS). Needless to say, last week was nuts getting into all of her activities.....dance Mon evenings and Wed afternoons, band on Tues and Thurs mornings. Last Wed was also crazy because my sister and I drove up to Toronto for the Justin Timerlake/Jay-Z concert!!! It was fantastic! We have seen Justin Timberlake 3 times now and he is coming back to Toronto alone in February. Gotta convice the DH that I need to go again.

Anyways....we stayed overnight in Toronto and Thursday was rough. I am such an old lady and I was up WAY past my bedtime. It was also blazingly hot last week and the concert was the Rogers Centre (where the Toronto Blue Jays play). The dome was closed, but it was still hot....it was a sellout crowd of 45,000 and once they were all up and dancing, it was HOT!

I hope to get an update posted soon....this TR is almost over!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2013, 10:15 AM   #138
jenny105
DIS Veteran

There I go being MIA again! Sounds like you had a great time at the concert. I'm going to a music festival in Hershey this weekend. I can't wait!

This summer is flying by!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:51 PM   #139
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Wow, you certainly have been busy! I've heard Justin Timberlake puts on a great show!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:19 AM   #140
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

It's just so amazing taking your kids to Disney World. This is first trip Landon is really anticipating and having opinions on what he wants to do and I love it! So cute raising Disney babies - you'll have to take Cole to Hollywood & Vine next time! Landon loved the Disney Jr characters there!

I can't believe Madison is starting middle school! Where does the time go?

Hope you had fun seeing Justin! He seems like such an incredible performer! I love his stuff!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

princess_momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:31 PM   #141
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

On our October trip, Morghan and I were called for being a party of 2 often. Very nice!

Cole's first haircut pictures are priceless. What a dolly.

How fun that you went to the JT concert!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:18 PM   #142
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
There I go being MIA again! Sounds like you had a great time at the concert. I'm going to a music festival in Hershey this weekend. I can't wait!

This summer is flying by!
The concert was incredible! It wasn't a typicaly JT concert...no dancers! So, it wasn't a bad thing that we sat in the "cheap seats". There were 2 big screens at ground level, but they were awesome.

It sure is! I know that it's going to go by super fast...we just have added more dance classes to Madison's already busy schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Wow, you certainly have been busy! I've heard Justin Timberlake puts on a great show!
JT is an awesome performer! He is actually coming to Toronto again in February, but the tickets are so much more expensive (he's coming to the Air Canada Centre....where the Maple Leafs play).

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
It's just so amazing taking your kids to Disney World. This is first trip Landon is really anticipating and having opinions on what he wants to do and I love it! So cute raising Disney babies - you'll have to take Cole to Hollywood & Vine next time! Landon loved the Disney Jr characters there!

I can't believe Madison is starting middle school! Where does the time go?

Hope you had fun seeing Justin! He seems like such an incredible performer! I love his stuff!
I love taking my kids to Disney! We always have so much fun together and it's great to have family time. We are a very busy family and we don't get a lot of time with just the 4 of us. Cole is getting my full Disney brainwashing parenting. Madison always watched Disney movies growing up, but she was a Nickelodean kid (SpongeBob, Dora, Jimmy Neutron).That is NOT going to happen with Cole!

I cannot believe it either. She is very ready and I know she is...just makes me feel old!

JT was awesome as usual. I wish I could go see him again in February!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
On our October trip, Morghan and I were called for being a party of 2 often. Very nice!

Cole's first haircut pictures are priceless. What a dolly.

How fun that you went to the JT concert!
I love being a party of 2 or even a party of 1! You do get called for quite a lot! Plus, you feel super awesome flying by everyone else in line.

I felt horrible for putting Cole through that torture, but I will always have that memory. I think a stop at the Barber Shop is a must do for us from now on. It's really not a bad price! A child's haircut is only $15..we pay $13 here at home (I take him to a place called Kids Cuts R Fun..they are fantastic).

I love Justin Timberlake's music and he is awesome live.

Completed Trip Reports
Old 07-25-2013, 07:47 PM   #143
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

World Showcase Part One

I last left off with us leaving the Baby Care Center. We stopped in Norway to sign up for Agent P and we requested the Germany mission (we loved the Kim Possible mission there, so we knew it would still be good). We headed over to Germany and I had to keep Cole in constant motion. He was getting sleepy and I knew I had to keep him moving! I stayed with Madison and Tony got himself a German beer (his favorite). Eventually Cole fell asleep and we defeated Dr. Doofenshmirtz. Hooray!

As we made our way through World Showcase, we couldn’t help but notice that it was very empty (picture coming later). The weather was just gorgeous (nearly no humidity) and low crowds mixed with our favorite park was just incredible.

Italy

So pretty!

Just look at that "crowd" in front of the American Adventure. Ha!

We stopped in Japan and got a cherry kakigori to share. So delicious and refreshing!

Sleeping baby

View from our resting spot

And the other side

We couldn’t find a good hat!

Morocco

France

Just look at the beautiful sky!

Don't worry gorgeous location...we'll be back later for IllumiNations!

United Kingdom

Continued in next post...

Completed Trip Reports
Old 07-25-2013, 07:53 PM   #144
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

World Showcase Part Two

Continued from previous post…

More UK

Such a funny show

Can I please live here? I promise I'll be a good guest!

Sorry for all the WS pics…it was just such a beautiful day and everything looked so pretty. I forgot to mention…after we finished our Agent P mission in Germany we selected the UK as our next one. Before we got to the UK, we stopped at the World Traveler shop and I found my shirt I had been looking for! It’s a white t-shirt with Mickey head balloons on it. Each balloon represents a flag from the WS countries and Mickey’s hand is holding the group of balloons. It’s so cute! I actually wore it yesterday.

Anyways….as we started our UK mission, Cole started waking up. Tony stayed with Madison and I took Cole around the shops. I noticed that Pooh & Tigger were meeting & greeting and the line was short. I parked the stroller and took Cole out. As soon as he saw the characters, he got so excited!

Get ready for some of the cutest pics ever and more Photopass magic!

The PP photographer captured the above and below photos while we were still waiting in line!

So happy

This is his “I’m so excited I can hardly take it” expression

I guess I thought something was funny

I just love the expression on his face here...it melts my heart.

This was such a fun character meet & greet! I am so happy I was able to experience it with my little man.

After Tony & Madison finished their mission, we met back up and quickly went through Canada.

I love that little house...isn't it so cute and charming?

Another "crowd" photo...plus they were starting to set up for Food & Wine. Someday I'll get to go to it!

We decided to head back to Future World and since Imagination was right there, we hopped on. There were maybe 2 other strollers in the parking area. The crowds were just non-existent! After getting our Figment fix, we looked at the time…just enough time to get another Visa picture! We went over to Innoventions and got in line (around 3:10pm).

Once again, we had another fabulous meet & greet with the characters, but that will have to wait until the next update!

Completed Trip Reports
Old 07-25-2013, 09:26 PM   #145
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

I love WS!!! You got some great pics with the hats!

Oh.my.gosh. Cole with Pooh and Tigger is TOO CUTE!!! Love his expressions!

I love that little house too! I could spend so much time roaming around the pavilions in WS. And with low crowds? Awesome!!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:45 AM   #146
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Awesome pics!
Old 07-26-2013, 11:03 AM   #147
klacey1
DIS Veteran

What fantastic PP shots!! I love how the photographers got so many candid shots of you and Cole this trip! Those are some of the best pictures.
All of these crowd shots are leaving me hopeful for an uncrowded September trip for me!!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:05 PM   #148
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I love WS!!! You got some great pics with the hats!

Oh.my.gosh. Cole with Pooh and Tigger is TOO CUTE!!! Love his expressions!

I love that little house too! I could spend so much time roaming around the pavilions in WS. And with low crowds? Awesome!!
World Showcase is like my favorite place on the planet! There are just so many places to explore and we never get enough time there.

We decided to do the "hat photo" on this trip, but it sometimes felt very rushed. I also felt weird letting Madison try on all those hats...kind of gives me the creepy crawlies!!!

I love those Pooh & Tigger pics....Cole was just so excited to see them.

Like I said above...the little details of WS are what make it so special. The crowds were nearly non-existent this day (it was a Monday)...everyone was at the MK!! And the weather was so perfect too. I want to go back and relive that day over and over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Awesome pics!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
What fantastic PP shots!! I love how the photographers got so many candid shots of you and Cole this trip! Those are some of the best pictures.
All of these crowd shots are leaving me hopeful for an uncrowded September trip for me!!
Thanks! The photographers really captured so many great pics of Cole on this trip. Just wait...there's more!

What are your dates again? We were there in the middle of the month and it was great. I looked at the crowd calendar and the beginning of the month looks good too...just high crowds on Labor Day and then it just drops off.

Completed Trip Reports
Old 07-27-2013, 03:06 AM   #149
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

So I'm joining in really late and I have a lot of catching up to do...but I just HAD to tell you this...

I read your first post and was super shocked...because we are going Sept 18-25 of THIS year and celebrating our 10-yr anniversary!! How weird is that??

Anyway I'm going to start reading now. Subbing for sure!

Offsite 1984, 92 & 97, ASSports 2001, WL *Our Honeymoon* September 2003, POR *Jilly's First Trip* May 2010, POR *Anniversary/Jax's First Trip* September 2013
A Tale As Old As Time - Sept '13 PTR
"Mommy, this time it's all of our first times." April 28-May 3 TR
Magic In the Bayou...April 28-May 3 PTR
littlelovebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:07 AM   #150
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

Phew! I'm all caught up now! (And will be getting less than two hours of sleep...oops.) Zzzzzz...

Your TR makes me even more excited for our trip this September! Unfortunately I couldn't see most of the pics (for some reason they don't load on my phone) so tomorrow I have to go back and check them all out on the computer!

Cole looks sooo much like my son...he could be his brown-eyed twin...but a year older...

I'm planning on taking Jax to the Main Street Barber Shop for his first haircut too! His curls are out of control but I refuse to get his hair cut before we go. Lol.

If you get a chance, check out my PTR and let me know if you have any pointers!! :-)

Offsite 1984, 92 & 97, ASSports 2001, WL *Our Honeymoon* September 2003, POR *Jilly's First Trip* May 2010, POR *Anniversary/Jax's First Trip* September 2013
A Tale As Old As Time - Sept '13 PTR
"Mommy, this time it's all of our first times." April 28-May 3 TR
Magic In the Bayou...April 28-May 3 PTR
littlelovebug is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: